so im baffled here, i have read numerous post regarding the setting for telus email, i have used pop & imap, turned off ssl, tried ports 143 & 25 and nothing works, has anyone had any luck setting up there telus email with there playbook, on my home computer it works great with pop, tried using exact settings with pb but nothing. any help would be appreciated.

also, the only thing i could do was go into my telus account and set up mail forwarding to my gmail account so i could at least read my messages.
    02-26-12 11:24 AM
    I'm in the same boat
    02-26-12 12:25 PM
    Here is how I set my Telus email up.

1. Start with add a new email account.

2. Enter your email address and password. Enter Advanced.

3. Select Imap.

4. Enter description.

5. Enter Display Name.

6. Edit Username to delete @telus.net.

7. Edit the server address to imap.telus.net. Change Encription to off.

8. Clear SMTP Username and SMTP Server fields.

9. Edit SMTP Server Address to SMTP.telus.net and change encryption to off.

8. Press Save.

It should now verify the account settings including the right ports (143 and 25) and your account should be set up.

Hope this helps. I did it a few times trying to get the step by step right.
    marts1x, catnmouse and Falling like this.
    02-26-12 12:38 PM
    I have the same problem on my PB. It is time BB got the problem fixed.
    02-26-12 12:39 PM
    The issue is not on RIM's end, it is simply the fact that they assume that we need an SMTP Username/Password. As soon as you clear those two fields, it works fine.
    02-26-12 12:41 PM
    It keep on saying that my login infor is incorrect or changed when i know that its right, i still dont know what to do, ive almost givin up allready
    02-26-12 06:19 PM
    Step 6: Leave @telus.net behind your username if things don't work using this sequence. That did the trick for me.
    marts1x likes this.
    03-10-12 10:20 PM
    Here is how I set my Telus email up.

1. Start with add a new email account.

2. Enter your email address and password. Enter Advanced.

3. Select Imap.

4. Enter description.

5. Enter Display Name.

6. Edit Username to delete @telus.net.

7. Edit the server address to imap.telus.net. Change Encription to off.

8. Clear SMTP Username and SMTP Server fields.

9. Edit SMTP Server Address to SMTP.telus.net and change encryption to off.

8. Press Save.

It should now verify the account settings including the right ports (143 and 25) and your account should be set up.

Hope this helps. I did it a few times trying to get the step by step right.
    After getting really frustrated, this set of instructions worked beautifully! I did, however, need to make one modification. Because I have been a Telus client for eons, my user name is different from my email address. At one time, Telus used to assign a username that consisted of an 8-digit set of numbers and letters that they conjured up. I had to use my particular Telus-assigned username to get the email settings to work in my Playbook.
    03-30-12 01:12 AM
    This worked for me. Did not need old telusid. Thanks.... Been trying for months
    05-09-12 11:10 PM
    Do you have to change the SMTP server when you leave your home with Telus internet? I watched a Youtube video saying you will have to enter the SMTP server at the location you are at.

Why is this e-mail setup so much different then on my Torch 9860?
    07-25-12 08:59 AM
    I've set up the Telus account and the mail program can connect and pull up my messages. However, I can't send new message nor reply to messages. I've read in this thread to clear the SMTP username and password; I can clear the username but the Playbook always puts the password back into the settings are I clear it and hit save. I suspect that this is what's leading to the "There was an interruption in sending this message. Please try again." error message I keep getting. Thanks for your suggestions!
    08-01-12 03:52 PM
    I am having the exact same problem. I have followed the instructions of the previous poster but to no avail. I either have an account but no ability to forward or reply OR blackberry playbook says that my server is not responding try again blah blah blah.
    01-19-13 01:23 AM
    The problem I'm having with my Telus email (the words "problem" and "Telus" always seem to be close by each other in any given sentence) is that I keep getting prompted to input my email password. often twice in fairly rapid succession. It has already resulted in an early end to no less than 2 Jetpack Joyride games (which is the last straw, of course). I don't get the same problem with any of the other email accounts (yahoo, gmail) linked to the Playbook...on the odd, rare occasion I get prompted for on of these other passwords, but not like the Telus issue.

I thought it was a symptom of just my Playbook, but when I got a second one, and linked my wife's emails to it, I noticed that herTelus account was also wreaking havoc.

So, a couple weeks ago, I tried calling Telus customer support. The first guy I spoke with was no use whatsoever...spent most of his time trying to tell me that my email address (which I've had for probably a dozen years) was not the correct email address. I gave up on him, and tried deleting the account from the PB, and re-linking. That's when I had problems, and couldn't get it back up and running. Called Telus again, and this time got someone who seemed to legitimately want to help me, at least to re-link the account. She was unfamiliar with the PB, however, and left me on hold for an extended time while she looked for someone with a PB. When she came back, all she could really offer was a Youtube video she found (which I had already found while on hold, and had the account back up and running).

BUT...still have the problem of being prompted a few times a day for the Telus password. On two Playbooks. Any thoughts on what I can do to remedy this?
    02-14-13 11:20 AM
    After dealing with four Blackberry Tech support staffers and one senior analyst I bring bad news: There is no remedy. According to Blackberry Telus email account holders should only expect to be able to use their Telus email if they are on Telus wifi, that is, you won't be able to send, reply or forward emails when you are somewhere where the wifi is provided by shaw, etc. Blackberry does take responsibility for the constant authentication requests and error messages but, since people have been posting about these problems for a year without a solution I wouldn't hold my breath for a remedy to those. The only remedy would seem to be to get your money back and buy a different tablet.
    litig8or98 likes this.
    02-19-13 12:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD