• Good But prefer the old OS

2 2.13%
  • Its Ok

8 8.51%
  • Its a disaster

2 2.13%
    Playbook would be a very cool if it had applications
    03-17-12 11:41 PM
    I hear a lot of ppl talking about the browser crashing. Is anyone familar with Dolphin for the PB? I am not, but it seems like it's out.

Dolphin Browser comes to BlackBerry PlayBook
    03-17-12 11:45 PM
    I like 2.0 better than 1, but it could be better. I had hoped for an update or two by now.

Haven't really experienced too many browser crashes, but I, like a few others had already sl'd Dolphin HD. I know they yanked the ported one from AW, but I'm glad it's officially out. I may try it.
    03-17-12 11:50 PM
    Excellent but expected it to be better. The calendar icon needs to be a widget. The PlayBook deserves to have that.
    03-17-12 11:53 PM
    Tell me what do you think of OS 2
    Great device with the new OS
    03-18-12 12:10 AM
    I can't believe some people think its a disaster
    goku_vegeta likes this.
    03-18-12 07:21 AM
    OS 2 is much better than the original OS but it lacks some very key basic functionality.

1) Ability to print to a Wi-Fi Printer
    2) Ability to sync with Outlook Calendar and Contacts using BlackBerry Sync
    3) Ability to rearrange Bookmarks

I think RIM needs to address these shortcomings if they want PlayBook to be a major player in the business and consumer environments. I can do these functions on an Android smartphone, so why not on PlayBook?
    03-18-12 11:20 AM
    Any operating system can be improved. Although I'm quite pleased with the performance of playbook OS 2.0. I use my PlayBook much more frequently to get what I need done. In essence my PlayBook took the spot of my laptop in the portable computing department whereas my laptop replaced my desktop in order to provide a fully mobile solution for a student always on the go. The playbook is no laptop replacement, it serves as a complimentary device when that extra portability is desired. With the improvements in OS 2.0, I'm a happy camper with my PlayBook.
    03-18-12 11:42 AM
    I can't believe some people think its a disaster
    i can't believe people think it can't be made any better.
    03-18-12 11:43 AM
    It should get better. There's bug in OS2, lost wifi, browser crashes, bbm crashes. RIM needs to iron out.
    03-18-12 11:52 AM
    It could use a lot of work yet. I think it's a great improvement over the 1.x but it still isn't complete.
    03-18-12 12:22 PM
    Without the nitpicking on very minor things like long boot up times, inability to organize or customize folders icons better, but basing it on how it runs, multitasks, and how intuitive it is, it is simply put the best OS I have used in a mobile device so far...
    03-18-12 03:11 PM
    Good But prefer the old OS

Still not a fan of the new interface being folders only - they should have simply added folders to the tabbed views and made the tabs customizable.

Browser crashes

No way to reset crashed android apps - have to reboot the PlayBook

No real improvements to the media and pictures apps

Mail/Calendar/Contacts is a disaster
    03-18-12 03:11 PM
    Needs better memory management. Not sure if it is leaking or what but my Playbook was up for 10 days and free memory was down to 323MB with all visible apps shut down so it couldn't run much at once. iOS seems to manage memory much better.

Needs better stability too, browser and apps go poof way too easily.

Needs more apps, needs to partner with Netflix and Skype et al.
    03-18-12 03:39 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD