It's ok to be HONEST! We are here for you! What changes would you like to see made?
    10-14-11 10:09 AM
    I would like email pushed to my device
    profspeedo likes this.
    10-14-11 10:14 AM
    OS being a bit Beta'ish. And the media support needs to get better.
    10-14-11 10:14 AM
    I'm buying one this afternoon but I'm not too happy about the fact that it doesn't have an SD or micro SD port and that it doesn't support USB HOST.
    axllebeer likes this.
    10-14-11 10:16 AM
    thanks for the replies! lol Does this playbook link to outlook?
    10-14-11 10:18 AM
    thanks for the replies! lol Does this playbook link to outlook?
    what u mean?

PB doesnt have COntacts,email,.. natively, so what would it conect with outlook for?
    10-14-11 10:22 AM
    what u mean?

PB doesnt have COntacts,email,.. natively, so what would it conect with outlook for?
    so i can check my comcast email when i'm out. lol
    10-14-11 10:23 AM
    Im still lost...
    10-14-11 10:27 AM
    A couple of things (not the only ones):

1. Bug with video recording where it freezes the video (but not audio) for about 1s from time to time, usually around 12-15s into the recording, and sometimes again later.

2. The standby feature is coupled to the lock feature, so if I want to force it into standby (to save battery) and have a password set, it immediately locks it. Would rather those were decoupled, so I could make it sleep without immediately locking it. (Locking it would, however, make it sleep right away, and if a password were set, the lock timeout would still of course lock it after a while even if I manually put it to sleep.)
    CzechShark and louzer like this.
    10-14-11 10:29 AM
    Im still lost...
    then it's not that important. Thanks for the response.
    10-14-11 10:34 AM
    Totaly agree with the password thing:/ guess its time to make a shorter password
    10-14-11 10:36 AM
    I have the Torch 9850 (had the Storm 2 which was a good phone once the right os is installed) and the 64 gb PB. I love the paired duo! A PB is ok without a BB phone, but it outshines all others when paired/bridged.

What it needs:

1. A micro SD slot, or at least being able to plug in a card through an adpater cable so you
    can add/remove objects on the fly w/o a pc being needed. We already have a file
    manager app that can facilitate this
    2. Full "Android" compatability/readyness.
    3 GPS FULLY enabled and a fix for Google maps.
    4. Acess to your media card in the phone through Bridge.
    10-14-11 10:54 AM
    I dislike that we can't copy files from our BB to the PB over Bridge. I have lots of docs and notes that I'd like to have saved directly on the PB. Then again, the PB doesn't have a very robust document handling suite or file browser.

I HATE how it stops dowloading streaming video if the video is more than about 15 minutes.
    Nauwiesbande likes this.
    10-14-11 10:57 AM
    no support on japanese keyboard
    cannot be use for offline gps map
    new os really slow to release..
    10-14-11 11:06 AM

What it needs:

4. Acess to your media card in the phone through Bridge.
    Unless I'm thinking about something different, the PB does have that feature.
    CiderGuru and Nauwiesbande like this.
    10-14-11 11:10 AM
    I dislike that we can't copy files from our BB to the PB over Bridge. I have lots of docs and notes that I'd like to have saved directly on the PB. Then again, the PB doesn't have a very robust document handling suite or file browser.

I HATE how it stops dowloading streaming video if the video is more than about 15 minutes.
    I've watched entire streaming hockey games without interruption.
    10-14-11 11:12 AM
    Outside of all the things that havent been implemented that we were told (consistently) are "coming soon"... (auto text, complete bbm, complete bridge functionality, sms/mms bridge, etc)

I dont like the smiley bug that breaks url posts in bbm (if any combination of characters simulates a smiley in a url, and u post it in a bbm chat, the playbook turns the combination into a smiley and breaks the link so you cannot use it)....

5 minute cap on time out (somehow survived 6 months of updates)

bridge is still slow

bbm is buggy AND laggy
    10-14-11 11:22 AM
    I would like to remote desktop to terminal server.
    I want ability to mark up pdf documents.
    bbmtna likes this.
    10-14-11 11:33 AM
    Not 100 percent. ONLY certain types of objects. I have MPEG movies on my card in the phone and would to access them on the PB without have to copy them and have multiple copies of such. Makes file management easier.
    10-14-11 11:35 AM
    Personally, I'd like to see not just phone files, but total access to phone through bridge (text/mms/calls/etc.) I'd also like to multiple emails (blackberry email/personal/work) like on the handheld devices. I also would like 2way HDMI and USB so i could hook a usb card reader up to the Playbook for pictures/videos/files. I know a lot of people say an SD slot but that would require full redesign, I'd be happy with the ability to plug a card reader in. I also believe that a way to do a complete phone backup/restore to and from the Playbook would be a HUGE benefit. If you drop your phone in the water hazard on business golf trip, u can go to the nearest dealer, buy a new one, and restore your stuff doing down the road. Makes sense to me (had this happen but couldn't back up to 11hours later in my hotel room).
    10-14-11 11:43 AM
    I don't like the lack of auto text, text messaging and lack of robust apps available.
    Needs OS2 to come oout already, and maybe a bottle opener installed in the side of it and it'd be perfect!

Later,
    B.
    10-14-11 11:50 AM
    so i can check my comcast email when i'm out. lol
    Just set your account into your BB phone, bridge ... et voil�.
    10-14-11 11:50 AM
    Mostly (over the fine tuning of OS), the lack of :
    1. DLNA for easy multimedia share and display
    2. BT for both audio devices and BB Desktop software
    3. USB host
    4. Remote desktop client for MS RDC

But I can really do without, as now. It would be to enlarge its field of usage.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 10-14-11 at 11:57 AM.
    10-14-11 11:52 AM
    Missing features like spell check and the like (been said so many times everyone knows what they are) and that I don't have yahoo messenger.
    10-14-11 11:55 AM
    sometimes the whole system just freezes. I can only restore leaving the battery get sucked up by a non-dimming frozen screen and then plugging back in after the security shut down... the three button reset is not enabled for me when this happens. Fortunately for me this has just happened about 3 times since day 1 of release
    10-14-11 11:57 AM
237 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD