Or more importantly what did he tell you?
    07-15-13 09:00 AM
    Hope Thor gave Kevin more respect than he did the folks that paid full retail price from the number one wireless company for a PlayBook.
    blueberrymerry and dmlis like this.
    07-15-13 09:10 AM
    Hope Thor gave Kevin more respect than he did the folks that paid full retail price from the number one wireless company for a PlayBook.
    Jim and Mike were the CEO's then not Thor.
    mk2234 likes this.
    07-15-13 09:13 AM
    This is a playbook thread so although i've read the first two already,they don't go to my question.
    I've also read the third which is a corporate soundbite.

I also think you know what i was asking.And i'm still waiting to see if Kevin who I have a huge amount of respect for went to bat for us!!!
    chaosdivine likes this.
    07-15-13 10:35 AM
    Thor: was the toughest decision I hqve ever made to not bring BB10 to Playbook and go back on my word

Kevin: ok
    07-15-13 04:04 PM
    :-) That pretty much sums it up...they do not wanna be a pain in the arse of BBRY...They are only supporting us when they want and CB is not interested anymore at Playbook and their users...
    07-15-13 04:17 PM
    :-) That pretty much sums it up...they do not wanna be a pain in the arse of BBRY...They are only supporting us when they want and CB is not interested anymore at Playbook and their users...
    I just started listening to the podcast that was posted a few minutes ago. Let's see what happens...

Special Edition CrackBerry Podcast - Following up on our trip to Waterloo for the BlackBerry AGM! | CrackBerry.com

The articles posted so far, with all due respect, are doing more heavy lifting for Blackberry's PR team than the CB community.
    07-15-13 04:29 PM
    Yeah and I don't think anything said by anyone who bought a playbook and waited in vain for the promised update will garner a worthwhile response from either BB or CB.
    Its a tried and tested formula say as little as possible for as long as possible and people lose interest and move on!!!
    FF22 and WeAreNotAlone like this.
    07-15-13 05:29 PM
    You don't bite the hand that feeds you.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    07-15-13 05:34 PM
    You don't bite the hand that feeds you.
    They did. We'll see if there's anymore hand to feed them.
    EchoesFX likes this.
    07-15-13 05:41 PM
    nothing.

Like another poster said, media pundits do not get invited back to press conferences if they ask the politicians hardball questions.

Kevin said "Thank you Thorsten, may I have another?"

The consequences are that the whole cb team lost a lot of trust with the community. You can tell they all changed their tune from a while back and are now just shrugging their shoulders.

It's all so sad. Wonder what Kevin will do with that gold chord now he hung the playbook around his neck with.
    1oo1 and chaosdivine like this.
    07-15-13 09:26 PM
    Like another poster said, media pundits do not get invited back to press conferences if they ask the politicians hardball questions.
    I was hoping they would see that this is nonsense. BGR has trashed Blackberry up and down and Geller is STILL outscooping Crackberry on the A10 pics and specs. Companies put energy into winning over their critics. Sycophants are there to mop the floor.

The Crackberry team has just spent two weeks on damage control for Blackberry. I don't know how anyone could come to a different conclusion. Simon is out there publishing outright PR pieces to explain away every controversial decision from Blackberry's perspective, with zero push back. Meanwhile the comments and forums are burning.

I thought the point of the survey was to empower Kevin to relate the community's concerns to Heins and the board, and to press for ACTION to resolve our concerns. Instead, it seems like it was used to collect information for the CB team on where to focus the riot control Kool-Aid.
    WeAreNotAlone and chaosdivine like this.
    07-15-13 09:49 PM
    Bunch of spineless sycophants. Sorry Kevin, instead of batting for the community, you ended up shilling for a company that has lost the respect of a ton of its users.

Maybe you should've kept your hair longer and cut it when BB11 arrives?
    WeAreNotAlone likes this.
    07-15-13 09:56 PM
    Is there any way to easily download this podcast to be able to listen when off line?
    07-15-13 10:42 PM
    Is there any way to easily download this podcast to be able to listen when off line?
    It's an embedded FLV video http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=WGzn-PjKt74 so the easy way to grab a copy is through a desktop/laptop machine running the FireFox web browser with the free Download Helper plugin installed. They you can "save a copy" of it to your machine. You could even then transfer it to your PlayBook (phone, tablet, whatever) and watch it at your leisure if you have an FLV player installed. There are apps for that...

Also, if you want just the audio, here's a way to rip it to an MP3 http://www.youtube-mp3.org/ just paste in the above YouTube link and save it out...

Googling YouTube to MP3 will yield many results if one site doesn't give you quality results. Oh and you can use that technique to grab audio from official music vids too...
    07-16-13 12:02 AM
    Well they certainly said nothing of value in response to questions about the PlayBook. The questions that should have been asked were not addressed.

OK, so we know Thorsten wants us to know he feels bad. Well, he just served up a sh** sandwich to a couple million people, so that's natural. I've had to deliver a few of them to customers before too. It sucks.

Apology and empathy is usually step one in dealing with upset customers. The problem is that it's only step one, not the whole process and the remarks on the issue stop there and wrap up with a statement that promises nothing and does nothing to restore any goodwill that was lost.

What was not addressed was the refusal to even fix issues like lost bridge functionality or a Web browser that frequently stalls while loading content and checkerboards. You would think they would have some kind of interest in minimizing the ill will they just generated by canceling the OS update. Obviously they feel it is better to alienate a chunk of customers, many of whom bought other BlackBerry products, and either refuse to man up and say why, or the answer must have been something that would upset people even more.

Clearly Thorsten has never worked a CS job in his life or he would know that the handling of this debacle is a textbook example of how NOT to deal with upset customers. Sadly those who had the opportunity to press the issue either chose not to do so to protect their own interests, or won't publish the full story to avoid throwing gasoline on the fire.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 12:48 AM
    Maybe they'll reveal the whole story when the company goes belly up and those involved have found greener pastures? Like those expos�s by former Symbian developers and management throwing dirt on the whole Symbian saga...
    madman0141 likes this.
    07-16-13 02:58 AM
    Jim and Mike were the CEO's then not Thor.
    I see so he doesn't have to show us any respect? If you are disputing something at least have a point. What are you a plant for a pro Thor group or something.
    Last edited by madman0141; 07-16-13 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Spelling
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-16-13 04:53 AM
    Still no response from CB man i'm shocked have they really become apologists for for these incompetents!!!
    eat_the_music likes this.
    07-16-13 05:18 AM
    Me thinks Kevin is ducking.
    eat_the_music likes this.
    07-16-13 10:57 AM
    I have the upmost respect for Kevin and I can't see that he has done anything wrong. However the mere fact that he is silent, tells me everything I want to know?

Posted via CB10
    eat_the_music, kbz1960 and dmlis like this.
    07-16-13 11:02 AM
    Blackberry only shipped 2.7 million BB10 devices and sold a fraction of them. It's obvious that BB10 isn't doing well and there's little to no demand for it in a world dominated by iOS and Android. They also lost 4 million users. Charging a premium price for a less than premium device was a big mistake on BB's behalf and now BB10 device prices are being slashed by all retailers due to lack of sales. Soon they won't be able to give the Z10 and Q10 away. BB has failed to deliver and it's nothing but downhill from here.
    soon we will see the Z10 at 99$ like the PlayBook.
    07-16-13 11:19 AM
    This site is name Crackberry no? Of all things BlackBerry. Things as in information for all BB devices. This site will disappear when BB disappear.
    It's more to inform rather than carrying a flag for the users. The way I see it, it's a business not quite as competitive as say mobile phone market but still a competitive market. I also see it as a media. Reporting of all news about BB. It serves the people who wants to know about BB . As in any media you have to be able to decipher what is being reported rather than take it as face value. Sometimes you agree what's being reported and sometimes you disagree. I find it some people are naive to think that Kevin would go all out to bat for them. This site needs positive relationship with BB more than it needs to assuage the feelings of a few angry members that BB pizz off. It's about which side of the bread to butter. Let's not misplace our anger over the pb debacles on a website like this. Direct all your energy onto BlackBerry and BlackBerry alone.
    07-16-13 11:23 AM
    This site is name Crackberry no? Of all things BlackBerry. Things as in information for all BB devices. This site will disappear when BB disappear.
    It's more to inform rather than carrying a flag for the users. The way I see it, it's a business not quite as competitive as say mobile phone market but still a competitive market. I also see it as a media. Reporting of all news about BB. It serves the people who wants to know about BB . As in any media you have to be able to decipher what is being reported rather than take it as face value. Sometimes you agree what's being reported and sometimes you disagree. I find it some people are naive to think that Kevin would go all out to bat for them. This site needs positive relationship with BB more than it needs to assuage the feelings of a few angry members that BB pizz off. It's about which side of the bread to butter. Let's not misplace our anger over the pb debacles on a website like this. Direct all your energy onto BlackBerry and BlackBerry alone.
    Of all people I respect your view but Thors head is so far up his own arze he doesn't hear anything.

He is not paid to care about Kevin, CB or us. He was promoted to sell BlackBerry and that's why I voted against his promotion to CEO.

The point is at the time of his takeover BlackBerry would have been snapped up by any of the major players and quite a few financial institutions looking for a profit. He has unfortunately performed exactly as I predicted because like all people like him "THEY WANT THEIR MOMENT OF GLORY".

The problem is now he's done so much damage to to the BlackBerry brand name that not only will the consumer not buy the product, the company is practically unsalable. It won't be long before the investors start to pull out and guess what? "I TOLD YOU SO" is such an obnoxious saying in my world because as we all know "hindsight is cheap"

This is so nice "I TOLD YOU SO BUT YOU VOTED ME DOWN"

Ha ha ha I'm off to my cellar! Anyone care to join me?

Posted via CB10
    anon(4067838) likes this.
    07-16-13 11:45 AM
33 12