Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By omega supreme
  • 2 Post By omega supreme
  • 2 Post By howarmat
  • 3 Post By spatialmongrel
  • 1 Post By Thebigo3d
  • 1 Post By Joey5_
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default What can i do for a better playbook experience

Ok.... I understand this is a fan site similar to the android fan sites. My issue is would anyone know how to contact RIM. I'm not understanding having this tablet, but simple apps like Netflix, Twitter (all the different kinds), and a few other basic apps I get on my iPod and android devices, aren't available or free. If I wanted to use the net, only, I'd use my phone. I have a pretty large screen there. I like blackberry devices. I own the Bold 9930. So I like the idea of being able to Bridge them, but there are no apps other than bbm. How weak is that? I can't look at videos from my bold on my Playbook. the OS on the playbook is 2.0.0.6149. I like the fact that Blackberry got in the Tablet market but the reason they're fading away and will lose this battle is the same reason they're losing with phones. No apps. No good everyday apps. No really good free apps. Angry Birds is free in the android market and the apple app world. Why would we pay $5 for the BB version? If there was some way to get rim to see this I'd definitely send it to them. Thanks for reading
    CrackBerry Addict

good lord; another one...did you try going to the rim site and clicking where it says "contact us"??
    rotorwrench likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

like why would there be a twitter app for the phones and not the playbook?
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by omega supreme View Post
    good lord; another one...did you try going to the rim site and clicking where it says "contact us"??
    lol sorry. i was venting
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Lol yea I got it yesterday. I'm considering taking it back and gettin the galaxy s tab 10.1 again. lol you can't beat $200 though. I think blackberry just needs to get their minds right
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Joey5_ View Post
    like why would there be a twitter app for the phones and not the playbook?
    here is a cool little trick that most people don't know about...if you go to app world on your playbook and type in twitter in the search window you'll come across quite a few twitter apps. amazing i know, the process actually works for most applications you might be curious about. sshh but don't tell anyone that this can be done. when too many people find out they take all the apps from app world, it's the main reason why there are "not enough apps for playbook".
    Thanked by:
    alnamvet68 (01-06-2012) 
    KOOLWATER and rotorwrench like this.

no more trolling, only warning you guys get. Either offer suggestions for good apps/games or different ways to enjoy the PB. If you cant do that then dont comment.
    ~Matt
    OnePlus One, Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    Thanked by:
    bbfan1040 (01-06-2012) 
    bbfan1040 and rotorwrench like this.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

here is a cool little trick that most people don't know about...if you go to app world on your playbook and type in twitter in the search window you'll come across quite a few twitter apps. amazing i know, the process actually works for most applications you might be curious about. sshh but don't tell anyone that this can be done. when too many people find out they take all the apps from app world, it's the main reason why there are "not enough apps for playbook".
    The sarcasm in this message was hilarious. Those apps suck. Lol even if they kept a basic app like "twitter for blackberry" even though it sucks, it works well.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
    no more trolling, only warning you guys get. Either offer suggestions for good apps/games or different ways to enjoy the PB. If you cant do that then dont comment.
    lol thanks. you're a cool dude.

have you looked through some of the threads on here will android app lists? there are some pretty good ones that you can load on the beta OS.
    ~Matt
    OnePlus One, Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Joey5_ View Post
    lol thanks. you're a cool dude.
    i beg to differ; he deleted posts that weren't even close to being considered trolling. they have some other kinds of standards in these forums none of which require having a sense of humor.
    CrackBerry Abuser

so not that it really matters, but I have over 100 awesome and high quality apps and games on my pb. I have fun drawings apps for my baby (lil painter, magic slate, babygo animals). I have great notetaking apps for work (evernote, groovy notes, sketchbook, scroodle, picinote). i have apps to read the news (glimpse, press reader, globe and mail, ottawa citizen etc), i have social media apps (blaq, facebook, proinsight) ive got a sweet app to track my stock portfolio (qfolio), for movies (cineplex, film), ive got vnc for my downstairs movie storage pc (imt vnc), ive got reading down solid (kobo, ereader), ive got tons of wicked games (machinarium, simcity, starfront, dead space). ive even got a fireplace for tbose romantic nights (fireplace hd). my pb even tells me when to take out the trash (ottawa trash). oh yeah - its wifi synced to my itunes (itunes sync) and wifi synced and mapped to my home network. oh yeah, its bridged to my work bb as well for mail and docs.

yeah i want skype and netflix.i want a pdf editor.

in the meantime, i think ill just sit back and watch the entire season of futurama and doctor who that i wifi dropped to my pb today, using the video player that seems to play anything. and ill do it with a battery that lasts all day, from 6am to midnight.

that works for me.
    Thanked by 3:
    bbfan1040 (01-06-2012),  jivegirl14 (01-06-2012),  petewell (01-06-2012) 
    KOOLWATER, petewell and jivegirl14 like this.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    2803ADF0

The question he asked was how can he contact rim...

the question has been answered.

the rest of his post is just picking a fresh scab.

If you would like app suggestions lets phrase it in a more positive thread.

as for this thread... lets close it down and move along.
    Thanked by 2:
    alnamvet68 (01-06-2012),  bbfan1040 (01-06-2012) 
    omega supreme likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

have you looked through some of the threads on here will android app lists? there are some pretty good ones that you can load on the beta OS.
    Yea and they really spoke about rooting the pb. I guess the newest beta os isn't rootable.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

Quote Originally Posted by spatialmongrel View Post
    so not that it really matters, but I have over 100 awesome and high quality apps and games on my pb. I have fun drawings apps for my baby (lil painter, magic slate, babygo animals). I have great notetaking apps for work (evernote, groovy notes, sketchbook, scroodle, picinote). i have apps to read the news (glimpse, press reader, globe and mail, ottawa citizen etc), i have social media apps (blaq, facebook, proinsight) ive got a sweet app to track my stock portfolio (qfolio), for movies (cineplex, film), ive got vnc for my downstairs movie storage pc (imt vnc), ive got reading down solid (kobo, ereader), ive got tons of wicked games (machinarium, simcity, starfront, dead space). ive even got a fireplace for tbose romantic nights (fireplace hd). my pb even tells me when to take out the trash (ottawa trash). oh yeah - its wifi synced to my itunes (itunes sync) and wifi synced and mapped to my home network. oh yeah, its bridged to my work bb as well for mail and docs.

yeah i want skype and netflix.i want a pdf editor.

in the meantime, i think ill just sit back and watch the entire season of futurama and doctor who that i wifi dropped to my pb today, using the video player that seems to play anything. and ill do it with a battery that lasts all day, from 6am to midnight.

that works for me.
    You mind telling me some good apps? Clearly I won't be able to use it for what I want to for now, but my sons like it. So apps for kids are cool, for the time being
    KOOLWATER likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts

Maybe I'm missing something but I've read several comments on different threads about "not having Twitter". My PB came with it already loaded on it, at least I think it did. At any rate, I have it now, it works flawlessly. Maybe it is easier to complain than to look for it. Sad.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Thebigo3d View Post
    The question he asked was how can he contact rim...

the question has been answered.

the rest of his post is just picking a fresh scab.

If you would like app suggestions lets phrase it in a more positive thread.

as for this thread... lets close it down and move along.
    exactly; i figured why not play along cause if his/her question is answered and they continue to rant on the shortcomings then they are fair game until someone says to look at the other 30 or 40 threads complaining about the same thing.