Blackberry announced that playbook will not getting BB10, for me this is disappointing because i waiting update for months to get support Arabic language and to get more apps, but no way playbook will not get BB10 so i suggest that blackberry instead do this:

1-update playbook OS to support languages it doesn't support, like Arabic, imagine i can not write in my language!.

2-update playbook OS to support run android jelly bean apps like the smartphones that run BB10.

3-support availability of more popular apps.
    11-08-13 01:19 PM
    Blackberry announced that playbook will not getting BB10, for me this is disappointing because i waiting update for months to get support Arabic language and to get more apps, but no way playbook will not get BB10 so i suggest that blackberry instead do this:

1-update playbook OS to support languages it doesn't support, like Arabic, imagine i can not write in my language!.

2-update playbook OS to support run android jelly bean apps like the smartphones that run BB10.

3-support availability of more popular apps.

I agree that an upgrade to the Runtime would seem simple and would add a lot of functionality to the PlayBook. But in truth, it would require the OS to also be tweaked to make it functional, which would then require additional testing and more money going into the BlackHole that the PlayBook ended up being for BlackBerry.

Lesson learned - Don't buy a product that can not do what you want it to do on day one.
    vangelas, Xader and anon(5597702) like this.
    11-08-13 01:33 PM
    I'd be happy with a Facebook app upgrade! Everything else works for me.
    11-08-13 06:45 PM
    Man, I was just thinking the same thing about my Volkswagon. I really do think they should do something for my 1967 Bug.
    Seriously, I waited and wanted BB10 on my PB so badly. But the fact of it is, if BlackBerry could have done it they would have. It is disappointing, but doesn't change the fact that, as old as my 2 PBS are, they are still useful, enjoyable workhorses. If BlackBerry ever puts out another I will be first in line.
    anon(8080272) and Carl Estes like this.
    11-09-13 09:34 PM
    First in line for another unsupported product.. Even apple still supports every tablet they made. Blackberry couldn't even support one before all the doom and gloom.

If you want a tablet that offers no real fixes no real support. Than yes wait in line and pay full retail for an 80% overinflated tablet that will never work as promised.

Call me when the short bus comes.

I would never ever buy a playbook 2 or whatever the make in the future.
    mohamedmsayed and Carl Estes like this.
    11-10-13 12:22 AM
    couldn't agree more , once bitten twice shy. There is no way I would buy anything Blackberry after the way they have treated thier Playbook customers.
    Carl Estes and mohamedmsayed like this.
    11-12-13 08:31 AM
    What they can do and will do are different things. What they will do is nothing and I can't blame them, it's an old device now and never made them any money.
    11-12-13 08:39 AM
    Just get over the potential for something to happen with respect to this tablet. It's done. If the company had a viable business model which would be profitable right now, then they might look to invest capital into the Playbook, but they are in survival/turnaround mode. This means forget the mistakes, conserve capital, and focus on the way forward.
    11-12-13 10:36 AM
    Very few manufacturers support tech products as old as the Playbook. Smartphones barely get support long enough to cover a 2 year contract. Ask Samsung about one of their 3+ year old tablets and see what they say. The Playbook is end-of-life. If it is still useful to you then use it. Otherwise it is time to upgrade. It is the way of tech things.
    11-13-13 07:08 AM
    buy another Playbook are they mad, never I only bought this one as it was too good a price and also the late HD size. It's one l use when at Uni and on holiday as i don't like taking my iPad out of the house. If the web browser was a lot faster and better it might be decent. The email is ok but it's no iPad. To be truthful I didn't expect it to get BB10.

It does have some good specs as the HDMi is pretty good and the sound is brilliant, however the music player sucks along with most of its apps��yes the apps suck and that includes the android apps,half of which never work�...
    11-15-13 08:19 PM