I can send myself an email with the PDF file attached. I was hoping there was a way to bring the PDF file directly to a file on the PB. Technical support just told me that is not the case. Is this correct?
    01-24-12 06:32 PM
    You can just transfer it via USB or by Wifi....
    grnnreg likes this.
    01-24-12 06:35 PM
    Drag and drop when connected to a PC, email it to yourself (use browser email, not bridged email), download direct from the web, use wifi sharing and drag and drop... I did two of these today and both worked fine (direct download and email).

Also dropbox supposed to work too, and maybe Evernote, but not sure.
    grnnreg likes this.
    01-24-12 06:36 PM
    Yep I just connect via USB and drag the pdf to the Playbook in file manager on the computer . You could make anew folder to put it in if you want.
    grnnreg likes this.
    01-24-12 06:37 PM
    All those are good options.

I also have created a network link to my PB, and just drop them from the C drive to the PB drive. For me, once I got it set up, that was the easiest way.
    01-24-12 06:45 PM
    If I use the USB cable to "drag and drop" where am I dropping the PDF file on the PB? Do I need a thrid-party file manager on the PB?
    01-24-12 06:49 PM
    It can be done many different ways. If you are not tech savy the easiest way is to connect your PB with a usb cable to the compute that has the file and drag and drop to your PB. You can also do it over WiFi pretty easy. There are many threads here that have instructions on how to. How To Use Wifi Sharing on the Blackberry Playbook to Transfer Files | TheUnlockr
    Last edited by Hgouck; 01-24-12 at 06:54 PM.
    grnnreg likes this.
    01-24-12 06:51 PM
    If I use the USB cable to "drag and drop" where am I dropping the PDF file on the PB? Do I need a thrid-party file manager on the PB?
    Any folder you want really, I make it easy and just use my "Documents" folder. Then use something like AIR Browser (free in App World) to open up the PDF file.
    grnnreg likes this.
    01-24-12 06:52 PM
    Is it possible to save documents through bridge? Come to think of it I've never really tried.
    01-24-12 07:27 PM
    What about print to go? Install the software on your computer. Connect your PB to the same network via wifi. Then print the pdf to the print to go "printer" and it is wirelessly transferred to your PB. You can do this with other formats as well and they get converted to pdf as they are sent to the PB. It works well for me.
    03-30-13 06:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD