Here's are my 10:

1) Better Video Support and Playback (No MKV, M4V, MOV and most AVI, WMV and MP4 don't work). These formats are standards in today's computer.

2) Better battery management (I'm playing a streaming movie at 6% battery remaining for an hour)

3) More Apps, Apps Apps!

4) Native file explorer and extension management

5) Universal search (I'd like to see more new features added to the OS and not just baby step upgrade)

6) Faster Browser (When an OS gets a new generation upgrade things should improve and not be the same)

7) More appealing interface (the current looks alright but still cluttered looking compared to WebOS and iOS)

8) Where's the Native email and calendar we were promised ages ago?

9) Add-on Extended media features (It'd be nice if I can rename my music to keep them organize, crop a picture or edit a video before uploading to facebook.

10) Silverlight support (you can't say you have the best browser if you don't support a internet feature that many have requested.

You might not agree with my 10 but it's just my opinion. If you have anything else that I missed please feel free to add. Maybe RIM will see this post and answer our prayers. We gotta remind RIM that us fans are here to support them but they gotta address our needs first.
    daniekl and dfb8085 like this.
    10-07-11 11:16 PM
    Could you do me a favour and post a screenshot of your homescreen? I can't for the life of me figure out what could make you say the interface is cluttered! Also - all my avi, mp4 and wmv videos work ok. Agreed on the apps (of course) and universal search though...
    kbz1960 and Rello like this.
    10-07-11 11:30 PM
    Same here, aint cluttered. Everycorner has its use..I wonder if the bottom right corner will be used for anything..or maybe have a custom gesture mapped to it so the user can trigger an app or a command from it..

I have a feeling that corner gesture will be used for universal search though.

Something else I'd love to see is re-arranging open apps :/. Much like webOS rearrangement. Oh AND SLEEP GESTURE PLEASE! its so convenient to wake up the PB but not as convenient to sleep!

EDIT: Wait I take that back on the universal search swipe lol, I think it should be mapped to the keyboard. Swipe up the keyboard, and type away!
    Last edited by KQ9; 10-08-11 at 12:17 AM.
    10-08-11 12:11 AM
    bottom right swipe should bring up a virtual touchpad/mouse for fine control/selection.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-08-11 12:33 AM
    Could you do me a favour and post a screenshot of your homescreen? I can't for the life of me figure out what could make you say the interface is cluttered! Also - all my avi, mp4 and wmv videos work ok. Agreed on the apps (of course) and universal search though...
    Well, I don't know about OP, but I would like it if I could push down that single row of apps at the bottom of the screen. OS 7 phones can do it. I wish I could do it too. I'd like to just see the wallpaper, without the apps in front.

Other than that, LOVE the interface. Not cluttered at all.

My videos work too. Don't know what OP's talking about.

Agree about silverlight and apps apps apps and native email, contacts, calendar, notes ....
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-08-11 01:03 AM
    Same here, aint cluttered. Everycorner has its use..I wonder if the bottom right corner will be used for anything..or maybe have a custom gesture mapped to it so the user can trigger an app or a command from it..

I have a feeling that corner gesture will be used for universal search though.

Something else I'd love to see is re-arranging open apps :/. Much like webOS rearrangement. Oh AND SLEEP GESTURE PLEASE! its so convenient to wake up the PB but not as convenient to sleep!

EDIT: Wait I take that back on the universal search swipe lol, I think it should be mapped to the keyboard. Swipe up the keyboard, and type away!
    YES!! Screen swipe to sleep. It's so obvious, but it's not there. This request has been floating around from the very beginning when people were complaining about the power button. Seems like it would be pretty simple for RIM to give us that. It would be slick.
    KQ9 likes this.
    10-08-11 01:05 AM
    YES!! Screen swipe to sleep. It's so obvious, but it's not there. This request has been floating around from the very beginning when people were complaining about the power button. Seems like it would be pretty simple for RIM to give us that. It would be slick.
    It's so hard to press the battery icon?
    10-08-11 02:04 AM
    Well, I don't know about OP, but I would like it if I could push down that single row of apps at the bottom of the screen.
    Umm you can - that's what the down arrow to the right of the file tabs is for- it minimizes the apps to a single row (and reduces the "clutter".)
    10-08-11 02:06 AM
    1.ability to access app world through tethering/bridge connection
    2.ability to edit/create ppt in slideshow to go
    3.sms/mms support
    4.ability to create additional folders
    5.better bluetooth connectivity
    6.access to videos/music from memory card in bridge files
    7.ability to lock screen to prevent accidental swapping or minimizing apps
    8.dont need the default wallpapers, let me delete them
    9.some websites still pull up as mobile sites and ability to pull up full site would be nice
    10.while recording a video, ability to zoom

no particular order
    10-08-11 02:53 AM
    Re: gesture to turn off.

Having a deliberate action (normally with a couple of stages) to turn off a device has been pretty standard human factors design for ages. I think it goes back to the days when it would have been a bad thing to inadvertently "sleep" something because it would take an age to power-up again! The reactor goes critical as the controlling computer runs through the disk integrity checking routine on start-up.

Whilst it's not as critical in these days of instant-on hardware, I'd be willing to bet that a swipe-off gesture would get more thumbs down than up.

I can see the threads now... "I just paused video/turned page/reached level 99/etc and the fricking thing went to sleep!!!"
    10-08-11 04:38 AM
    1. Browser with options like every other browser, you know and optimization. No more crashes with more then 3 tabs open or crashes at all!

2. Universal search and file management.

3. More keyboard options including spell check and all that.

4. Better memory management.

5. Ability to use bluetooth for headphones etc.

6. Better camera and video options, how about zoom for videos.

7. Media file access thru bridge.

8. USB OTG

9. Silverlight would be good.

Too early to think but most of this boils down to function. Anymore isn't OS related but more developer support for native apps and give me a dang IM app that works with most of them out there.
    10-08-11 06:44 AM
    a: Support for Bluetooth stereo head phones

b: Change to the browser user agent that would allow it to identify itself as Internet Explorer

c: An option in the contacts where if called by that contact it will automatically forward the to Voice Mail

d: A native app that has the phone functions, Dial, etc and be used as a speak phone.

e: Native spell checker

f: Change to scroll swipe to stop from accidentally clicking on links.

h: File Manager with SMB support to connect to a LAN
    Last edited by advcomputer; 10-08-11 at 07:15 AM.
    10-08-11 07:08 AM
    Here's what I want in addition to some of the suggestions above:
    1) Gesture to go to the bottom or top of a webpage. Or even a virtual button that pops up to take you to the top or bottom if you scroll real fast. Something like what Opera Mini have done with their latest browser.
    2) Gestures to go back or forward in the browser. I left and right swipe from the centre of the webpage to the bezel.
    3)I would like a gesture for standby but I'm not sure yet. Accidental offs would become quite common. Maybe a cross gesture from top to bottom and left to right or something a little unnatural to ensure that the PB does not go to standby while the user is using it.
    4) Increase standby time to infinite.
    10-08-11 07:29 AM
    1. sms/mms bridge

2. android app player (finally)

3. full bridge functionality (should have been one of the first things implemented on this device... black berry amplified? Hello?

4. Most simple shortcomings addressed (5 minute time out cap removed, smiley bug breaking url's in bbm chat fixed)

5. FULL BBM FUNCTIONALITY (groups, file xfer, etc)

6. At least the appearance of support (anything developed and implemented, like bbm music, should first and foremost have its playbook counterpart)

7. All commonly accepted features that are heavy selling points for blackberries, like full cut and paste features, should be implemented (recall #5 here)... again... Blackberry amplified??? Hello???

8. Fix bbm bridge buggy/laggy nature

9. Fix bridge browser lag

....and finally...

10. Start acting like you give a s**t about updating and upgrading this device's OS, or publicly retract the "amateur hour is over" as well as "blackberry amplified" descriptions, as they were embarrassing at launch, more so now 5+ months later, as all the latest OS updates have been a waste of time and basically an insult.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by kb5zht; 10-09-11 at 04:37 AM.
    10-08-11 07:45 AM

Having a deliberate action (normally with a couple of stages) to turn off a device has been pretty standard human factors design for ages. I think it goes back to the days when it would have been a bad thing to inadvertently "sleep" something because it would take an age to power-up again! The reactor goes critical as the controlling computer runs through the disk integrity checking routine on start-up.

Whilst it's not as critical in these days of instant-on hardware, I'd be willing to bet that a swipe-off gesture would get more thumbs down than up.

I can see the threads now... "I just paused video/turned page/reached level 99/etc and the fricking thing went to sleep!!!"
    if you will tap the battery icon it will give you a battery level reading, a screen brightness control and 3 options off,standby,cancel
    Zirak likes this.
    10-08-11 08:41 AM
    Here's are my 10:

1) Better Video Support and Playback (No MKV, M4V, MOV and most AVI, WMV and MP4 don't work). These formats are standards in today's computer.

2) Better battery management (I'm playing a streaming movie at 6% battery remaining for an hour)

3) More Apps, Apps Apps!

4) Native file explorer and extension management

5) Universal search (I'd like to see more new features added to the OS and not just baby step upgrade)

6) Faster Browser (When an OS gets a new generation upgrade things should improve and not be the same)

7) More appealing interface (the current looks alright but still cluttered looking compared to WebOS and iOS)

8) Where's the Native email and calendar we were promised ages ago?

9) Add-on Extended media features (It'd be nice if I can rename my music to keep them organize, crop a picture or edit a video before uploading to facebook.

10) Silverlight support (you can't say you have the best browser if you don't support a internet feature that many have requested.

You might not agree with my 10 but it's just my opinion. If you have anything else that I missed please feel free to add. Maybe RIM will see this post and answer our prayers. We gotta remind RIM that us fans are here to support them but they gotta address our needs first.
    love it, at this point I just want to see version 2 of anything
    10-08-11 08:43 AM
    I would also love to see an app or O/S component that has the same functionality as Blackberry Protect.
    10-08-11 10:28 PM
    It's so hard to press the battery icon?
    It takes TWO to THREE(with the swipe) touches that you MUST see the screen for. For a very portable device like this it's annoying. And sometimes the battery touch lags a 0.5 second which throws things off even more.

In fact using the tiny button for power is easier because you don't HAVE to see the device and in situations like a moving bus it's definitely more convenient than 2/3 touches where you have to see what youre doing. But we all know how tiny the button is and keeps you guessing. Yes I have the non pushed button, very early adopter
    10-09-11 12:17 AM

I'm sure RIM can think of a way to do it without making it accident prone.
    Beside as you side, it's not like it will power down when you "Stand by". A simple wake up gesture and youre back like nothing happened
    10-09-11 12:23 AM
    SPELLCHECK and AUTO-CORRECT!

That used to be my main issue with the PlayBook but now I am also really excited for the Movie Store that Mike L. announced.
    10-09-11 01:07 AM
    Yeah the movie store, phone keyboard as text entry and mouse, A2DP and BBM/IM+ would be nice. I can spell so that's not a biggie but spell correct should be there with PIM. That's what I expected to be here a while ago anyway. USB OTG would be great for so many people.
    I'm kinda stoked for phone text input for the PB. With the best phone keyboard out there it just makes sense plus I bet it would be a marketing bonanza for RIM. It likely won't be there, but I'm hoping.

I want a good ODBII program. Android and IOS have one but a native or even a Flash based one would be awesome too. The QNX guys had a developer competition of sorts where programmers made some cool car console apps. So I hope they include something for that (Bluetooth). Could be used for vehicle maintenance too.
    10-09-11 10:50 AM
    I know i already used up my "ten" but i turned on my playbook this morning and noticed a common bug pop up that is simply annoying.... Bridge icons disappearing. In this instance its my bbm icon. Poof, gone.

C'mon rim, we are approaching the 6 month mark after launch and you still havent been able to fix this?

So i would at least like to see 2.0 fix the issue so we see all our icons all the time.
    10-09-11 01:04 PM
    1. True Multitasking (I want to be able to interact with multiple apps, or at least see one as I interact with another)
    2. Ability to use bridge to control the PlayBook (my HDMI cable isn't long enough so I have to get up every time I want to pause a movie.
    3. Ability to edit powerpoint presentations
    4. Ability to have multiple instances of an application
    5. Folders for organizing apps
    6. BBM group lists
    7. Ability to record a <5 minute video without an "out of memory" error
    8. Universal Presenter Mode
    9. Universal Search
    10. Gesture to turn off

That's my list of what I would like in 2.0

Here's my list of what I want eventually:
    1. Bridge to an extreme (I should be able to update my phone apps from my PlayBook and vice versa)
    2. VMs (Running Windows or Linux or Android if PlayBook doesn't have an app you want)
    3. Development tools (allow me to use phone, and possibly PlayBook, development tools on my PlayBook!)
    4. USB OTG (2 TB of movies to watch on my TV with no added fuss)
    5. Ability for apps to integrate, so that you can have an app that gets information from another app or pops up a message at the top of the screen with a preview of an email you just got
    6. Ability for apps to run in the background, so that you can have an automatic wallpaper changer or something similar
    7. Ability for apps to use the bridge connection for their own uses, such as a twitter client that you have on your phone and your PlayBook, but it only has to download the data once and share it between the devices
    8. Ability to see ANYTHING through bridge files. I love using it for pictures, but I can't see video, music, or much of anything
    9. Ability to download apps from other places than App World
    10. Themes

Let's look back on the first list once OS 2.0 comes out, and the second one as PlayBook 3 comes out (if it stays that long) and see how well RIM does. Also, I believe it will be either Tablet OS 2 or BBX, not BBX 2 as your title says, as BBX 1 hasn't come out yet...
    10-09-11 01:23 PM
    not really got a particular order for these but some stuff that would be nice:

1. Swipe standby. Others have mentioned but maybe a 3 fingered down swipe, for convenience (not essential, only #1 because its mentioned in thread so much)
    2. BB phone as a keyboard & mouse
    3. Spell check and auto correct (inc auto caps and full stops etc)
    4. An on screen mouse option (mainly for browsing so you can drag the on screen mouse around and use mouseovers in websites, without left clicking when you let go)
    5. SMS via bridge
    6. Working notification light
    7. USB host support (for flash drives etc)
    8. Universal search
    9. Native file browser with "full" features for delete, rename, move etc
    10. Apps, apps and more apps

Theres a few other things, but those are the main ones I'd benefit from personally
    10-09-11 04:19 PM
    this is a good thread as it puts some things out there that I would have never thought I needed

My list is not long as it does most of what I bought it for right now.

Silverlight is one that is on my list, it would be nice to be able to listen to my cousin's radio show.

More buisness related apps would be good too.

Being able to load different webbrowsers would be nice too, as there are several sites that are not compatable.

I would like to see some of the good magazine reader apps like Zinio come on board, but that's not something for RIM I guess.

I see a lot of people wanting a swipe to put it on standby, but I think since they already have a pretty simple and effective way to do that function, it's probalby way down the list of priorties. Until they come out with voice recoginition where you can just say "standby" I don't think you can get much simplier than the battery icon.
    10-10-11 06:00 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD