Weird Print To Go problem with v 184.108.40.2064 - Help Please
Ever since I have done the update to v 220.127.116.114, Print To Go does not seem to be working
Print from PC to Playbook:
- pick Print To Go as printer - works fine
- Print To Go dialogue box appears and does usual processing - works fine
- Red Asterisk appears on Print To Go icon - works fine
- CAN'T FIND THE PDF!!
Since I last used PrintToGo, I have added a work exchange (activesync I think) account to my PlayBook - which has given me the Briefcase symbol and a separate 'Work' area & password
When PrintToGo opens, it now always defaults to the 'Work' area
Can't find my newly printed document in any of:
- Print To Go 'Work' area
- Print To Go 'Personal' area
- Or within any of the folders on the PB
The PrintToGo log on the PC looks like everything has worked fine (eg "PrintToGoDesktop.exe Information: 0 : 23/12/2012 15:50:30 - Connected Successfully!
23/12/2012 15:50:30 - File Transfer Completed")
Does anybody know if this is an upgrade to 18.104.22.1684 issue, or to do with having the new 'Work' area on my PB, or both?
Thanks in advance for your help
- CrackBerry Abuser
12-23-12, 01:05 PM #2
- 284 Posts
Have you looked in your Documents folder? That's where Print to Go puts the files on my Playbook. I don't have a Work partition, though. When you tap on the notification in Print to Go, it cannot find the file? You might try deleting and reinstalling Print to Go on your Playbook, then re-pairing the program with your computer to see if that fixes it. I'm guessing it has more to do with the new work partition than with the recent software update.
Yep, the Documents folder was one of the first I looked in (though PrintToGo pdfs historically went in the print folder)
Thanks for the advice, will try deleting and re-installing PrintToGo on the PlayBook... (not sure how I'll go about this - but will start investigating this evening)
Fixed! Thanks to advice from a colleague who had exactly the same problem
The fix is:
Do the 'middle' reset/restart twice (by 'middle' reset, I don't mean the three fingered salute, I mean, holding down the power button until the PB turns off, and then waiting until the red light comes back on again before you release the power button)
The Print To Go pdf files now end up in the 'Work' area within Print To Go
I am wondering if this is linked to the Security Certificates downloaded when I set up my work exchange email account (I think it is activesync)
- By kevinchi in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 93Last Post: 10-09-12, 07:55 PM
- By jdale in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 3Last Post: 10-01-12, 05:44 PM
- By NotHal in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 15Last Post: 12-01-09, 03:20 PM
- By NotHal in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 14Last Post: 11-30-09, 08:55 AM
- By Dynaco in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 05-06-09, 04:29 PM