Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Weird hanging problem after 2.1 update

I got the 2.1 update a few weeks ago and everything seems to be working fine. After a few days, browser + Blaq crashed, and I had to do a 3-hand reboot. I had to do it 4 times in just a week. Then after several days again, the same issue happened. Yesterday, after the reboot, Blaq immediately crashes. I decided to do a security wipe today and I'm just backing up my files.

Anyone knows why this is happening and how can I prevent and solve it? Thanks a lot!

Default Re: Weird hanging problem after 2.1 update

Hard to tell what could be causing it with so few info on the issue, but you're doing it right so far.

Backup, wipe, reload.

PS: Do you need an extra hand? I can do it with just two (and call it a 3finger reboot)!

And welcome to the forums.
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Oh yeah, sorry for the mistake haha it should be 3-finger instead

anyway, the security wipe did the trick but i'm going to monitor my PB this week, i did not bother to restore my application data from the backups, only the media. so i'll see if the apps are contributing to the issue. by the way, the hanging happens when the battery is below 10%, but yesterday was different, the battery was > 50%.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Hello,
    Same thing is starting to happen to me as well. Everything was working fine, and suddenly, the PB hangs a lot no matter what I do. Takes me 30secs to start the wifi connection, takes me as long to open the browser, when it doesn't crash. Wanted to check my mail, had to launch it 3 times before it opened. I have to click and click and re-click on the icons to launch apps now...
    I wouldn't want to have to wipe everything and start anew, it's a 64GB PB, takes forever to backup, will take as long and maybe more to restore... And I might just restore the same problem as well...
    Getting pissed off now!
    Trolling is an art form,you're still using crayons.
    "I intend to live the first half of my life.I don't care about the rest."Errol Flynn.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."Albert Einstein
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

i suggest that you do a security wipe too. seems that my pb is snappy again after restoring my media files and re-installing 10% of my apps.
    i don't know how the system works but i highly suspect that the update conflicts with some files that make pb crashes. the 3-finger reboot does not help at all though it refreshes the pb's memory.
    CrackBerry Abuser

But what's the point, if it's an app that's causing the problem after a few days with the PB? I'll restore everything and will get the same problem again.
    "I intend to live the first half of my life.I don't care about the rest."Errol Flynn.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."Albert Einstein
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    68,013 Global Posts

I was having issues with the browser going poof and had a couple lockups. I did a wipe and shut it off before doing the setup then I did a debrick. I had no apps before and no apps yet. I have had a couple browser poofs since but most of the time it's working pretty good.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    CrackBerry Abuser

Very weird : the only thing I updated since the OS update was... Fantasy Islands. The stutter and hangings started then, I think. I just uninstalled it and the PB seems fast again, the browser hasn't crashed.
    Will keep you posted.