Let's keep the tradition going. These threads were the inspiration for me to take advantage of a great day (36 degrees F, Sunny)...before I pumped up the tires I resurrected an old Trek fanny pack (circa, early 1990's) that holds the PB perfectly.

So, sportin' the classic fanny pack I hit the trails (only one spot that I had to walk because of snow...)

(ok, it was a paved trail)

ps. F2 gave me permission to start the thread...now add your own!
    rotorwrench likes this.
    02-18-12 03:56 PM
    Mine are unremarkable screenshots taken with the 64 and the 32 respectively. I've read a few threads on the fact that the pb canNOT view videos taken on a bb phone. I so I shot a video with my 9650/Bold of my pb's screen with its camera open. I moved the video (a 3gp file for what it is worth) to the pb and it worked and I took the screen capture.

The second is another screenshot of a video I more or less just took with my older 32 which did have (past tense) that "pause" or "glitch" about 10 seconds into the video. After reading a thread on the glitch today, I realized I had Debricked the 32 the other day and so I tested the video. No pause was created in the video. A smooth 60+ second video just panning my den. Grabbed one shot while it was playing back on the 32.

Again, nothing remarkable. But testing features of the two units while waiting for better weather. I see shadows in farskija's picture - meaning sunshine! None here.
    waterlilly10 likes this.
    02-18-12 04:54 PM
    Well, since my available woodpile is this size:

I'm gonna have to remove today's snow from this woodpile and bring it up to the porch.

02-18-12 04:57 PM
    Well, since my available woodpile is this size:

Click to view quoted image

I'm gonna have to remove today's snow from this woodpile and bring it up to the porch.

I think I see fir/larch in that pile lol. Mine looks the same, except my pile was covered first. Looks like your tarp blew off before the snow
    02-18-12 05:19 PM
    It was beautifully sunny, and actually closer to 40 degrees.

The dew is a decent knock-around ride. (glad i had fenders today!)

One other note: I'm not a regular "fanny packer" I just wore it today and brought pb in case i spied some other photo-ops. the pack comes from earlier days of doing all day mountain rides in Montana.

edit: c'mon Roto, i admitted wearing the fanny pack, let's see the man-purse!
    Last edited by farskija; 02-18-12 at 05:49 PM.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    02-18-12 05:44 PM
    Ok, while you guys are having fun today, this is what I've been doing all day lol
    02-18-12 06:34 PM
    I think I see fir/larch in that pile lol. Mine looks the same, except my pile was covered first. Looks like your tarp blew off before the snow
    Yes, my dear hubby, with good intentions, was going to bring in some wood yesterday. He took off he tarp, brought one load in the house and then stopped, of course forgetting to retarp the woodpile.
    02-18-12 06:36 PM
    The Cascade foothills and the mountains just east of Index, WA. for me. I live in GA. now just south of Chattanooga, TN. They call piles of gravel mountains out here. Meh.
    Probably buried in snow right now - Cascades getting a major dump.

From Heybrook Lookout end of October. Added a map. Town of Index is the upper left circle, Heybrook Lookout where we hiked and I took the photo is the upper right and Mt Index is the lower circle. So I was looking kind of southwest.
    Last edited by F2; 02-18-12 at 08:31 PM.
    rotorwrench and farskija like this.
    02-18-12 06:38 PM
    Okay, I don't have a photo, but I did record a pal sending a 5.13b sport climbing route in Alabama. He was thrilled with the video since that's the hardest climb he's completed to date. Also gave me a chance to show off the PB. What would have been ever more awesome would have been if I had been able to upload immediately - I had 3g but the file was too large for dropbox.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58460611/VID_00000015.mp4

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58460611/VID_00000015.mp4
    02-18-12 07:51 PM
    I added a map up above where the picture is posted. Oh, do you mean the climbing area - Index Town Wall. We hiked that after the lookout. The lookout is east of town and the Town Wall, is, well, in town, if that's what you meant.
    02-18-12 08:33 PM
    Believe me, I would rather have been on snow. We've had nothing this winter in ND. skied once
    blue-b likes this.
    02-18-12 08:43 PM
    That has to be one GOOD ride with intense elevation gain. And the downhill would be a trip. I'm not much of a mt biker - lots of time on the ground in Moab a number of years ago. A few rides up the Chiwawa and something east of Leavenworth. Mostly road riding with the mountain bike for urban adventures. Ah, I see Reiter Rd on the map as I panned toward Gold Bar. You are on the diagonal other side of the country.
    02-18-12 10:24 PM
    Ok, while you guys are having fun today, this is what I've been doing all day lol
    Is that the machine you mounted your Playbook in and posted a photo of?
    02-18-12 11:38 PM
    Nice over view. I looked at the ridge but can't make out the lookout but it's there
    rotorwrench likes this.
    02-18-12 11:49 PM
    Is that the machine you mounted your Playbook in and posted a photo of?
    Lol Yes it is. I watched two movies before I was done today
    02-19-12 01:50 AM
    A very nice place to spend eternity.
    02-19-12 09:57 AM
    02-19-12 10:07 AM
    My son and I took the PB on a hike on the Appalachian Trail.
    farskija likes this.
    02-19-12 10:14 AM
    VERY NICE. I particularly like the curvaceous buttt shot! But do you constantly clean/maintain or is this a new bike. I'm not very good with maintenance - new lubricant over old lubricant! (it completely removed the other buttt word)
    Last edited by F2; 02-19-12 at 11:27 AM.
    02-19-12 11:21 AM
    My son and I took the PB on a hike on the Appalachian Trail.
    Are you visiting since I see you list Okinawa for location. I like linear trail shots like your first one. Did you enter the tunnel?
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-19-12 11:25 AM
    VERY NICE. I particularly like the curvaceous buttt shot! But do you constantly clean/maintain or is this a new bike. I'm not very good with maintenance - new lubricant over old lubricant! (it completely removed the other buttt word)
    I'm a stickler for maintenance/cleanliness. I'm in the AARP crowd now, and I don't do the crazy $hit I used to do on bikes, and have beaucoup scars to prove it; and I only do hardtails....do NOT like full suspension bikes. I also build bikes up on request; a hobby of mine.
    02-19-12 11:37 AM

thats my juliet.
    watching live jr hockey game with kids.

used instaphoto app.
    bbzoomr and farskija like this.
    02-19-12 11:45 AM
    I'm a stickler for maintenance/cleanliness. I'm in the AARP crowd now, and I don't do the crazy $hit I used to do on bikes, and have beaucoup scars to prove it; and I only do hardtails....do NOT like full suspension bikes. I also build bikes up on request; a hobby of mine.
    I'm a stickler for NOT doing much of anything. I do recall my trip to Moab on a hardtail as you call it - folks kept saying "you have no suspension!" I now have front shocks to take strain off the neck. The buttt could use it, too, but that makes the bike even heavier. But I'm not much of a mt biker - I can't even jump UP curbs in the city.
    02-19-12 12:47 PM
    Index, lower left, Mt. Index upper right. I didn't shoot this but have personally seen this site hundreds of times. You would be in this shot. I've stood and eaten lunch and called my mom in Aberdeen, WA. from where the camera is shooting from. I don't have a shot as nice as this one, but I have one in my mind that's just as good. I may be wrong, but I think that's Bridal Veil falls just below Mt. Index. Awesome ride and hike. You have to carry the bike quite a ways at a couple places. You know, highway 2 comes right through this valley. I now live 2690+ miles from this spot but only two miles from this end of the same highway.

Ok, I'm done.

Are you visiting since I see you list Okinawa for location. I like linear trail shots like your first one. Did you enter the tunnel?
    Actually we live in PA. I changed my locations because someone was harassing me
    and I got paranoid. We did go thru the tunnel with the light from my BB Bold 9700. It was my sons first hike and he loved it.
    Last edited by Willard814; 02-19-12 at 01:51 PM.
    02-19-12 01:47 PM
    Oh, so that tunnel is part of the hike. We have a two mile tunnel up in the Cascades. You can hike or bike it - old railroad tunnel. Crosses from western to eastern Washington. Two miles is very long! Also, some nice old trestle bridges.
    02-19-12 02:07 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD