So I'm after a bit of help really.

I have been trying to gain FTP access bac to my NAS drive and whilst looing around came across a few sites such as www.net2ftp.com Web based FTP browsers.

This logs in and works great for browsing my directory structure and will also upload without issue. The problem comes when I want to download something. All it offers to save is index.php This is regardless of the file type when I click download.

Has anyone tried a similar program or know of an alternative or even a way around this?

Muchas Gracias Amigos
    05-30-11 09:13 AM
    Have you tried just using the ftp features of the browser? There are a few limitations to it.

You cannot log in as a user if the ftp site has anonymous login enabled. The Playbook will default to the anonymous login.

If you log in as a user, the files transferred seem to stay in the downloads tab of the browser and then get deleted when the connection is closed.

I haven't checked the ftp functions of the browser lately, so things may have changed.

In regards to the net2ftp link you provided, do you really want to reveal the user name and passwords for your ftp sites to a third party? I am thinking about phishing.

Robert
    Last edited by robsteve; 05-30-11 at 12:22 PM.
    05-30-11 12:20 PM
    Yes I have tried using ftp featres for the browser but it is not really what I am after. As with Net2Ftp I'm looking for an way to access mainly media. The security is a non issue at the moment as I would just like a way to get it to work.
    05-31-11 10:25 AM
    If you're just looking for a way to pull down media files you might want to look at my post here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/co...3/#post6315477

It explains how to setup a web server to be accessed by the Playbook, BB, or whatever with a mobile browser. That way you can access any of the files on your home network wherever you are.

Take a look and see if it would work for you, little easier then FTP and you only loose upload capability.
    05-31-11 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD