I have to admit...yes, the Playbook is simply not ready to compete on a level many of us has expected. Blame that on an early release or moreover our excitement to get the Playbook as we all believed it would be. Besides the obvious "yet to be apps" and the simple fixes that we are seeing everyday, I wonder if the GPS is "as good as it gets" or is there more that will be updated? I unsuccessfully us Poynt and Bing for days in the office and only when I went outside, beyond the trees and to a clearing...and after a couple of minutes did it ever find it's location. Again today, no connection. Does anyone know if this will be corrected by a software update or is this the best we can expect from GPS?
    I currently own an iPad and have no problems connecting which leads me wonder is the lack of connection on the Playbook because of "hardware" or a "yet to be updated" software problem?
    04-26-11 09:14 AM
    The chip is good so we must wait for proper software development to make use of it.
    collins111 likes this.
    04-26-11 09:18 AM
    poynt picks up gps fine on my pb even in hotels .
    04-26-11 09:21 AM
    poynt picks up gps fine on my pb even in hotels .
    Same, point and bing work perfectly fine for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-11 09:57 AM
    gps, will work properly within the next few builds, (per BB). now just works with the apps, but adjustments to come
    04-26-11 01:23 PM
    Well it doesn't work on Bing maps here, even though even my old Storm 1 with Google maps can figure out where I am.
    04-26-11 02:13 PM
    Bing found me as a dozen or so feet outside my office (2nd of 5 floors inside a medical bldg). I'm on wifi. Poynt nailed the address. IDK if this is based on IP or not as my 9700 gmaps cant find me in here.
    Last edited by veldacy1; 04-26-11 at 02:20 PM.
    04-26-11 02:16 PM
    doing a reboot seems to have helped
    04-26-11 02:18 PM
    I got Poynt gps working last night finally. I remember someone posting about going outside for a minute while it was searching and BINGO.

Looks pretty sweet too IMO.
    04-26-11 02:22 PM
    is there anyway to have bing maps work only on the gps with no internet connection? or any other program?
    04-26-11 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD