What about this song don't you get?
    Playbook has been deserted.
    Period.
    Wish it were not so.
    But it is.
    What it is.
    Time to move on.
    Just don't forget.
    Burn me once shame on you burn me twice shame on me.
    07-16-13 06:05 AM
    My Playbook works great! Even has a button on CB for PM's that my Z10 doesn't! Bigger screen too!
    07-16-13 06:30 AM
    My Playbook works great! Even has a button on CB for PM's that my Z10 doesn't! Bigger screen too!
    I bet your browser is super quick too!
    07-16-13 06:38 AM
    Not going to happen which is a shame. One can only imagine the programs / apps/ fixes that are sitting in someones junk cabinet at bb. How many man hours were spent over the last 2 years by bb employees - most of it went down the drain.

Bottom line is that we're stuck with an incomplete os that kindof works. Rip bb.
    07-16-13 08:09 AM
    Not going to happen which is a shame. One can only imagine the programs / apps/ fixes that are sitting in someones junk cabinet at bb. How many man hours were spent over the last 2 years by bb employees - most of it went down the drain.

Bottom line is that we're stuck with an incomplete os that kindof works. Rip bb.
    The real damage isn't just to we PB owners but to blackberry's reputation. In the investment world, faith and trust and responsibility are at the top of the list of criteria looked at as well as the earnings before the big boys buy stock in appreciable volumes.... the main mover of stock prices in the long term.

The big cats just saw BlackBerry flop at yet another endeavor and like the storms I & II before it, abandoned the consumer that trusted BlackBerry with their hard earned dollars. The S3 was aborted because the carriers learn from their mistakes unlike BB. Years back many companies, starting with key banks, dropped the BlackBerry standard in favor of BYOD and now the pendulum has swung so far that Iphones are being purchased and distributed as the official device. Seriously.... how much worse can it get?

much worse, for BB, as the stock price is so low the only thing keeping it from being purchased by a corporate raider and stripped for its parts is the protectionist policies of the Canadian government.
    msps likes this.
    07-16-13 08:53 AM
    I bet your browser is super quick too!
    Acksherly, my PlayBook browser is reasonably snappy. For my config, I've found a way of keeping any lag or hangs at bay (for me, using webmail, rather than the mail app, as my mailbox is rather large). And it must be a while, now, since I wiped and debricked, and I was only thinking last night, the browser was still quite peppy.
    07-16-13 09:21 AM
    Minor update that give us usb otg, bt file transferm better file system and equalizzer for head phones is the stuff I'm praying for
    I've lost track of times I've agreed with someone wanting USB OTG. That alone would keep me good enough.
    07-16-13 02:18 PM
    Ding Dong the witch is dead.
    What about this song don't you get?
    Playbook has been deserted.
    Period.
    Wish it were not so.
    But it is.
    What it is.
    Time to move on.
    Just don't forget.
    Burn me once shame on you burn me twice shame on me.
    Perhaps I need to downgrade the OS then start working on putting WebOS on it
    07-16-13 02:20 PM
    Alex Saunders of bb has confirmed on twitter no major updates to playbook :-(

BlackBerry PlayBook Getting No More Significant Updates, Confirms Alec Saunders - N4BB
    07-16-13 02:21 PM
    Perhaps I need to downgrade the OS then start working on putting WebOS on it
    Best idea you've had all day.
    07-16-13 03:15 PM
    We are getting OS 3.0 right?
    We are getting "*BIG FSCK YOU CUSTOMERS OS 1.0*" right!
    thanks!
    -paul
    Carl Estes likes this.
    07-16-13 05:54 PM
    axllebeer likes this.
    07-16-13 06:01 PM
    I wish I could install Ubuntu mobile to dual boot just like I do on all my PCs
    07-16-13 06:03 PM
    I wish I could install Ubuntu mobile to dual boot just like I do on all my PCs
    debian?
    i dont do ubuntu! logic is pretty much same. debian debs == ubuntu, ubuntu debs != debian.
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-16-13 06:22 PM
    My own personal speculation - we will see nothing new. I don't even expect "bug" fixes if anyone can define a limited amount of "bugs" that need fixing.
    The only "bug fixes" I see BlackBerry doing would be if a scenario arose in which people were having problems making App World purchases.
    07-16-13 06:49 PM
    The only "bug fixes" I see BlackBerry doing would be if a scenario arose in which people were having problems making App World purchases.
    What the hell is worth purchasing for playbook these days?
    07-16-13 07:07 PM
    debian?
    i dont do ubuntu! logic is pretty much same. debian debs == ubuntu, ubuntu debs != debian.
    thanks!
    -paul
    Paul,
    I know it's "hard" to get off the computer/ and or disregard posts or threads you may be following.... but get OFF the computer and get to work breaking the bootloader /cracking /jailbreaking those PlayBooks!

We PlayBook owners need you working on breaking the bootloader so the PlayBook can be modded.

BTW: Found this in CPU Magazine ComputerPowerUser.com Digital Edition July-2013 Vol 13, Issue 07 page 5

( You can receive hard copy of each month FREE, IIRC they have PDF versions as well you can access.)

Ekoore - Overview

The Python S3 is the most complete tablet that has ever existed. Thanks to its versatility offers the possibility to use as operating system: Android (4.2), Ubuntu or Windows. The three operating systems can co-exist to allow the user to select the operating system to start, when you turn the tablet. Where would this versatility, however, if you can not turn this tablet into a 12-inch touchscreen notebook? The keyboard dock has been designed to do just that!

.Ekoore Python S3 convertible tablet triple-boots Windows 8, Android, Ubuntu - Liliputing

We are getting OS 3.0 right?-pythons3-1.jpg

Ekoore - Python S3, runs Ubuntu, Windows 8, or Android.pdf
    Last edited by WeAreNotAlone; 07-17-13 at 01:01 AM.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    07-16-13 07:09 PM
    I imagine at best we will just get a few bug fixes or the infrequent "performance enhancement".

IOW, more of the same. Probably just a couple and then that will be it. My "been burned too many times" side thinks at that point, they will keep the PB development team around doing nothing with full pay. You know, the way they did for years with the storm 1 OS developer.

How far has their stock price sunk now? By the way.... The shareholders are the ones the company is truly beholden to. They may have just patted Kevin on the head and gave him a doggie treat so he continues being their cheerleader but the institutional investors..... Oh, they will be a different story.
    RE: they will keep the PB development team around doing nothing with full pay. You know, the way they did for years with the storm 1 OS developer.

That sounds like they are paying people to keep quiet.

Wonder why they'd do that?

(As it relates to the PlayBook, I bet they found out MONTHS ago that BB10 would give substandard performance and they kept quiet as they were A: Trying to clear inventory of DEAD PLAYBOOK stock, and B: So as nothing "negative would come out about the BB10 OS.)

07-16-13 07:36 PM
    The PB has always been an albatross around Heins' neck. He couldn't kill it earlier because it would look bad to the media, investors and corporate clients, and also make it look like BB10 development was grinding to a halt (what, lean-and-mean QNX needs 2GB RAM to run!?). I assume the whole of BBRY knew six months ago that BB10 wouldn't make it to the PB.

Everything Heins said, like promising to put BB10 on PB after the phones were out, were just lies to fend off the inevitable. BBRY needed to move PB's out of the warehouse and put a positive spin on BB10 phones. To them, at this point, the PB doesn't exist. It's the previous co-CEO's problem after all

All fine and dandy in Waterloo but a consumer who has been f*cked with is like an elephant - he remembers.
    Icarus3000 and WeAreNotAlone like this.
    07-16-13 09:49 PM
    The PB has always been an albatross around Heins' neck. He couldn't kill it earlier because it would look bad to the media, investors and corporate clients, and also make it look like BB10 development was grinding to a halt (what, lean-and-mean QNX needs 2GB RAM to run!?). I assume the whole of BBRY knew six months ago that BB10 wouldn't make it to the PB.

Everything Heins said, like promising to put BB10 on PB after the phones were out, were just lies to fend off the inevitable. BBRY needed to move PB's out of the warehouse and put a positive spin on BB10 phones. To them, at this point, the PB doesn't exist. It's the previous co-CEO's problem after all

All fine and dandy in Waterloo but a consumer who has been f*cked with is like an elephant - he remembers.
    But why is the LTE version still on the US website?
    07-16-13 10:21 PM
    So unsuspecting suckers buy the pos dead hardware.
    07-17-13 12:22 AM
    RE: they will keep the PB development team around doing nothing with full pay. You know, the way they did for years with the storm 1 OS developer.

Exactly, couldn't kill it earlier... I bet long ago the plan was to drag it out as long as possible, then wait a xyz timeframe till reports from BB10 device owners started coming in /reached a certain "mass" and "then" without a lot of fanfare drop the bombshell BB was going back on their word to PlayBook owners. Doing so protects and isolates the new product line, and you can be assured that the majority of owners of BB10 OS powered devices are going to be more focused on getting issues fixed with their device.

Plan worked quite well I must say. I fell for it hook line and sinker.

Everything Heins said, like promising to put BB10 on PB after the phones were out, were just lies to fend off the inevitable. BBRY needed to move PB's out of the warehouse and put a positive spin on BB10 phones.
    Now, now.. the FanBoys will have a problem with the word "lies".... BB and CEO Thortsen Heins didn't really "lie".... he just kept the info in-house as LONG as he could -It's not lying if you tell the truth 7-8 months down the road I guess up in Waterloo la-la land.

To them, at this point, the PB doesn't exist. It's the previous co-CEO's problem after all
    I for one will remember. Will also inform all those in my sphere of influence.

First purchases of BlackBerry branded products, not happy with the devices as is, not happy with being mislead aka "Lied to".

PS: Thorston Heins may think the PlayBook was on a prior CEO's watch but unlike the FanBoys who worship everything that is RIM/BlackBerry" customers whose purchasing decisions were based upon the CEO of RIM/BlackBerry promising a update and instead KILLING the device WILL remember what has happened.

Before I associated the RIM/Blackbery "brand" with PROFESSIONAL, BUSINESS CLASS, PROFESSIONAL type goods or services.
    Now I associate RIM /Now "BlackBerry" as the exact opposite. My devices are only a few months old and I don't appreciate them KILLING off the PlayBook as they did.

Especially since they are sitting on 2.9 to 3.1 BILLION and are debit free?

07-17-13 12:56 AM
    Guys, I don't think we will be getting an update OS to fix something... please, read between the lies, I mean "lines"...

Our PlayBook is what it is... until the end of time...

Posted via Z10
    FF22 likes this.
    07-17-13 01:10 AM
    I have a feeling Z10, Q10 and A10 owners will be as angry as us when BBRY goes under and leaves them all in the lurch...
    07-17-13 01:51 AM
    I have a feeling Z10, Q10 and A10 owners will be as angry as us when BBRY goes under and leaves them all in the lurch...
    Of course they will...because you have a magical crystal ball....and you know BlackBerry will go under. Maybe I can buy your shares and help you out, Einstein...you, know...because i'm a masochist...lol.
    07-17-13 02:04 AM
59 123