We've done everything that we can, but I believed Netflix don't give importance to us user and keep on ignoring playbook users, as if they are giving the best service in the whole world.

I have read in N4BB.com that some alrady cancelled their account in Netflix? How about you?

Lets try to find with same service but better.
    Umedon, Bobert_123 and jegs2 like this.
    03-03-12 03:24 AM
    You've got to be kidding. I'm not giving up my Netflix service just to show loyalty to my PlayBook or RIM. I come first - not a device or a corporation.
    03-03-12 03:37 AM
    i agree with your title "we don't need Netflix" so why are we making such a big stink about it...
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-03-12 03:57 AM
    i agree with your title "we don't need Netflix" so why are we making such a big stink about it...
    Have you heard how the netflix react with the petition, they said nothing is going to change in their plans. as if they are saying that no matter what the playbook users do, We will not create an app for them, it is indeed an insult, am i right?

Despite Petition, Netflix Says They Won’t Support BlackBerry! | N4BB - News for BlackBerry - forums, leaks, rumors, videos, faqs, reviews
    Jake2826 likes this.
    03-03-12 04:08 AM
    The CrackBerry Chronicle:

1. We need Netflix, Skype, etc. We just can't live without these apps. They are the greatest and most useful and most important apps the Playbook is lacking.

2. Let's bombard them with emails, twits, calls.

3. Oh look, they aren't giving sh... to all our demands.

4. We don't need those petty useless fart apps.
    03-03-12 04:13 AM

1. We need Netflix, Skype, etc. We just can't live without these apps. They are the greatest and most useful and most important apps the Playbook is lacking.

That's also happens when you love someone and she dumped you
    03-03-12 04:43 AM
    Us Brits don't need it, we have virginmedia and Skye available to us. Netflix is just coming onto the UK market, at a higher price than North America I might add. Why that should be I don't know, one doesn't need to load up a ship with film these days. A rip off? You decide.
    esk369 likes this.
    03-03-12 05:05 AM

We don't NEED Netflix that's true. We do NEED, however, a multiplatform video chat program. Not necessarily Skype, though that be the preferred one, but something. The native video chat program is all but useless.
    03-03-12 05:11 AM
    You want me to give up Netflix because its not available for PB? OK thats not gonna happen. Netflix may be a bunch of idiots but there is no streaming movies or TV shows of any real quality for the PB. I should not have to take any device and side load or have some developer mode software to watch Netflix or any other streaming movie site. If you cannot figure out who you to blame I can offer some ideas: 1 RIM management for lack of support for their products. RIM has the best talent in developers so it's got to be from the top where the failure lies. 2. Apple for having a tablet that seems to be able to make people fall in love with it, they sold like a billion of them.
    03-03-12 06:07 AM
    We need RIM to step up and solve something like this with the next greatest thing.
    Perhaps a HTML5 web video chat app that interacts with the PB's web cam and is easy for PC/laptops to use. That's one of the reasons I love this company. They have a nak for revolutionary products and will produce more.
    Get it done! And to those that say they can't I say watch them!
    Edit: busy cooking and forgot what thread I was in. But the sentiment stands
    Above comments on Skype. Netflix is the same, the issue will be solved by out side means before NetFlix builds an app. RIM has it in there ability to make it happen (Max Media content on the platform). It will but it takes time.
    Last edited by Dapper37; 03-03-12 at 06:52 AM.
    esk369 likes this.
    03-03-12 06:38 AM
    You've got to be kidding. I'm not giving up my Netflix service just to show loyalty to my PlayBook or RIM. I come first - not a device or a corporation.
    U come first when your using a device other than your PlayBook
    03-03-12 06:44 AM
    Also the first day of the petition Netflix went from they are not going to support the PlayBook, then later in the day saying we don't have any plans lined up at the moment but this could change. Could be we got their attention, but most likely its just to get us to stop sending the annoying tweets& emails to them.. Time will tell
    03-03-12 06:48 AM
    NETFLIX WANTS TO PLAY HARDBALL!
    Even after seeing our petition, Netflix still doesn't want to cooperate!
    Looks like we are going to have to have a Netflix BLACKOUT. We must make a date for all of us to unsubscribe, I will make a Twitter account to tell them, they need to get ready for the BLACKOUT!
    Black stands for BlackBerry.
    Out stands for how many users they will be 'out' of.
    antiRIM likes this.
    03-03-12 07:00 AM
    It would appear that STARZ doesn't need Netfix as well, they have just taken all thier content off the service. This is basically most of the good content that was on Netflix. We should be Trying to get RIM to provide a better streaming service that is open to all phones and all carriers
    03-03-12 10:39 AM
    What is all the drama with Netflix??? I suppose if you want to watch "old" movies it is ok. Buy a hdtv and order Netflix and go wild. The Playbook is so much more than a device to watch "old" movies on. You cannot do Netflix right now and possibly never. Call the clergy, have a service and move on people.
    Sorry if I ruined some people's day but I had to do that.
    Cheers
    1959gazza likes this.
    03-03-12 11:18 AM
    Look at the numbers..
    There are approx. 1 million playbooks of which max 2% of the owners care about Netflix. Thats 20,000 Playbook owners might like Netflix on PB (that is being extremely optimistic, probably more like 2,000 would actually buy Netflix for PB) I know its about choice, but from a Netflix point of view, we are a pimple on the back of a flea, on the back of a camel in the desert. We just don't have the numbers.
    If Netflix was so dang important to me, I would buy a device that actually had it, instead of whining at someone who does'nt care.
    caper001 and wafa510 like this.
    03-03-12 11:18 AM
    I don't get the obsession with Netflix. When I was a subscriber, I felt like I spent more time trying to find something decent to watch than actually watching. Its selection of TV shows is adequate, but its selection of movies is dismal -- unless one likes watching films that were overplayed on HBO 20 years ago.
    03-03-12 11:25 AM
    I'm down for the BLACKOUT. I haven't used Netflix in over 3 weeks and unlike most I'm able to stream Netflix on my Playbook. The selection is lame. Let's all set a Date for the BLACKOUT I'm ready to cancel.
    antiRIM likes this.
    03-03-12 11:56 AM
    I'm down for the BLACKOUT. I haven't used Netflix in over 3 weeks and unlike most I'm able to stream Netflix on my Playbook. The selection is lame. Let's all set a Date for the BLACKOUT I'm ready to cancel.
    Discuss the date more at: The blackout *official thread*
    Last edited by r0v3rT3N; 03-03-12 at 12:53 PM.
    03-03-12 12:11 PM
    NETFLIX WANTS TO PLAY HARDBALL!
    Even after seeing our petition, Netflix still doesn't want to cooperate!
    Looks like we are going to have to have a Netflix BLACKOUT. We must make a date for all of us to unsubscribe, I will make a Twitter account to tell them, they need to get ready for the BLACKOUT!
    Black stands for BlackBerry.
    Out stands for how many users they will be 'out' of.
    I am also not going to cancel Netflix just because they won't develop an app for the PB. I can't blame them for not doing so; until very recently, the PB market has lived up to its critics' expectations in that it's very small. (The extent to which the advance media coverage of the PB's lack of market demand created that very lack of demand is an unrelated debate.) Since the PB is the only device running QNX/BB10 until late 2012 at the earliest -- and RIM's reputation at meeting QNX release dates has of course been abysmal -- what motivation is RIM presenting developers to build ANY app for such a varied, shifting set of OS platforms -- especially since all current OSes except QNX are targeted for extinction?

While I can't blame them for not developing for BB in general and PB in particular, that doesn't mean that I'm happy with that decision, and I certainly intend to use my influence as a customer to persuade them otherwise. However, I did not sign the petition because I have no idea who would have access to the personally-identifiable information I would enter into it. I would be more in favor of an email campaign directed at a marketing or PR person at Netflix -- however, I don't know any such email address. Netflix removed from their website the option to send an email to Customer Service at the beginning of this year, so that's not an option. Given that the telephone is now the only channel available, I have of course registered my anger and dissatisfaction with Customer Service that way, but I have no way of knowing if that will ever get relayed to anyone who matters.

So does anyone know an email address of someone relevant at Netflix to whom we could direct an email campaign? Or even a name and snail mail address? (Although, of course, a snail mail campaign would garner a lot less participation here in the 21st century.)

Edit:
    I meant to add: What about the option of watching Netflix in the PB browser? Can RIM add Silverlight support into the PB browser, or is that something only Microsoft can do? And is Silverlight the only option for browser viewing? What about Firefox? I hear that Netflix can be streamed over Firefox; how is that done if not with Silverlight? In short, isn't there something that can be done in the QNX OS to allow Netflix streaming?
    Last edited by cletis; 03-03-12 at 01:49 PM.
    nextcity likes this.
    03-03-12 12:50 PM
    We don't need Netflix. Besides their movie selection is lousy anyway!
    03-03-12 12:53 PM
    I don't get the obsession with Netflix. When I was a subscriber, I felt like I spent more time trying to find something decent to watch than actually watching. Its selection of TV shows is adequate, but its selection of movies is dismal -- unless one likes watching films that were overplayed on HBO 20 years ago.
    I only use it for the TV shows. Finally watching Mad Men.

I'm certainly not going to hissy fit because there isn't an app - as was said if Netflix was that important I'd make sure the tablet I buy had access. It's like buying a car hoping for aftermarket accessories and then complaining that there are none available and boycotting the makers.

Sent from my brain using Tapatalk
    esk369 likes this.
    03-03-12 12:55 PM
    Definitely don't need it ! imho
    03-03-12 01:06 PM
    Have you heard how the netflix react with the petition, they said nothing is going to change in their plans. as if they are saying that no matter what the playbook users do, We will not create an app for them, it is indeed an insult, am i right?

Despite Petition, Netflix Says They Won�t Support BlackBerry! | N4BB - News for BlackBerry - forums, leaks, rumors, videos, faqs, reviews
    It is not an insult at all, except to those who think that a billion dollar business should cater to their specific desires. BTW, what the petition demonstrated to Netflix is that there is no real market among Playbook users worth their time or money.
    03-03-12 02:30 PM
    Edit:
    I meant to add: What about the option of watching Netflix in the PB browser? Can RIM add Silverlight support into the PB browser, or is that something only Microsoft can do? And is Silverlight the only option for browser viewing? What about Firefox? I hear that Netflix can be streamed over Firefox; how is that done if not with Silverlight? In short, isn't there something that can be done in the QNX OS to allow Netflix streaming?
    RIM chose not to add Silverlight support to their full internet experience. If they wish to do so, they could add it. BTW, the reason the Firefox browser can view Netflix is it supports a Silverlight plugin....
    03-03-12 02:34 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD