Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 69
Like Tree34Likes
  1. sad_old_man's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    8,835 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,850 Global Posts
    PIN
    "Psychopomps"
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default We as customers deserve more than this from a supplier!

    I have been infringed or whatever the moderators like to call it, but my message has always been crystal clear. Unless you look through the windows of the bb corporate tower.

    We have all suffered the lack of information, missed target dates, and made to feel thankful for the scraps of upgrades that we have suffered over the last two years.

    BB10 has been on the market for a matter of days. Did I see any advertising about it, any of the usual marketing hype and we all know what marketing people are like when you give them a budget!

    No, none of this! Apart from the inner circle of BB fanatics (us) they left it to the airtime providers. I have spoken in person today to five people that now own one, and without exception the five people are returning them. My son brought my new Z10 home this afternoon and it is going back tomorrow.

    Not wanting to be reprimanded again (not that I care) by the moderators) I quickly scanned the Z10 forum on Crackberry. If your interested just have a quick look. It's inundated with complaints about what RIM hail as their new saviour.

    I am regretfully past the point of all hope for this company because they behave like a child that refuses to learn from their mistakes.

    And you wonder why I drink!
    MrNutt likes this.
  2. hpjrt's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    980 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Sorry you're unhappy, but you and your 5 buddies are the only people I've heard of who are dissatisfied. Might I suggest that Apple or Samsung might better suit your needs.

    Certainly there is no need to bring your sense of special entitlement here to try to create some sort of a "let's dump on BB and their users" thread.

    I suspect that your username says a good deal about your approach to life in general and towards BB in specific.
    Posted using my 32 gig Playbook - and 9 times out of 10, my new BB OEM mini keyboard
    Thanked by:
    bbfan1040 (02-03-2013) 
    bungaboy and tjseaman like this.
  3. jpash549's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,626 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,852 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    What was the problem with the Z10 that led to such quick return? And what did that have to do with missed target dates and lack of advertising and information?
  4. sad_old_man's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    8,835 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,850 Global Posts
    PIN
    "Psychopomps"
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hpjrt View Post
    Sorry you're unhappy, but you and your 5 buddies are the only people I've heard of who are dissatisfied. Might I suggest that Apple or Samsung might better suit your needs.

    Certainly there is no need to bring your sense of special entitlement here to try to create some sort of a "let's dump on BB and their users" thread.

    I suspect that your username says a good deal about your approach to life in general and towards BB in specific.
    Sorry guys not biting this time. If you want to attack me then that's fine. If you don't believe me then you have fingers just like I have. Read the Z10 forum and then come back and tell me I am wrong about the comments on there.

    The rest is up to you?
  5. damillz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    I wish I was lucky enough to have a Z10 in my hands, so stop complaining. If you've been on CrackBerry half as much as I have you would have understood that the Z10 is still basically a beta release. It will take time get all the bugs out of the os .
  6. Angus_CB's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,171 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,172 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    It's hard to say if you are right or wrong. You haven't given us any details on why your son and friends are returning the Z10.
    Skip your disdain for the forum moderators, we've read that in half of your posts, and give us some details.

    I'm not defending the Z10 at all. I haven't even seen it yet.
    Nexus 4, 9800 (Torch), Playbook
    sad_old_man likes this.
  7. zapblam's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    53 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Is the Superbowl the official launch of advertising and marketing? That was my assumption. I am just waiting for the playbook upgrade but in no rush to get it. Rather them iron out BB10 quirks first.
  8. sad_old_man's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    8,835 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,850 Global Posts
    PIN
    "Psychopomps"
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by damillz View Post
    I wish I was lucky enough to have a Z10 in my hands, so stop complaining. If you've been on CrackBerry half as much as I have you would have understood that the Z10 is still basically a beta release. It will take time get all the bugs out of the os .
    Now it really is time for RIM to throw the towel in and sell. I know I like brandy but are you honestly trying to tell me that the final card that RIM has to play to save the name of BlackBerry is to release a beta version of bb10 to the public.

    If that is so then, PASS THE BRANDY please!
    Uncle Remus likes this.
  9. sad_old_man's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    8,835 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,850 Global Posts
    PIN
    "Psychopomps"
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angus_CB View Post
    It's hard to say if you are right or wrong. You haven't given us any details on why your son and friends are returning the Z10.
    Skip your disdain for the forum moderators, we've read that in half of your posts, and give us some details.

    I'm not defending the Z10 at all. I haven't even seen it yet.
    Partially my fault, partially the air time providers.

    First thing is your sim card won't fit. It takes the new micro sim. Yes I could buy a sim card trimmer and yes I could go all the way back to the store and get one. Then get them to register the sim card with my mobile number and then do a transfer of all data to DTM and then back to the Z10.

    Do you honestly think that anyone (Joe public) is going to do all that? Or just let me think! I'll tell you what just give me another iPhone instead.

    And bear in mind that although I dislike apple, the iPhone 5 can hardly be described as a beta release!
    Thanked by:
    rippedvanwinkle (02-03-2013) 
  10. jpash549's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,626 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,852 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    s_o_m : Even Apple, Microsoft and certainly Google release what might be called beta versions of their software to the public. With the Nexus 7 there have already been at least three upgrades with bug fixes in six or seven months with still things to be fixed. When millions in the general public start using software they go into corners that have not been explored by thousands of tech proficient testers. Software is not complete until people stop using it. Maybe the ios6 is much less of a beta product but that is mostly because of its maturity. Features such as Maps and Siri have certainly had problems.

    Doesn't the iPhone 5 use the new small SIM card? Seems like there has been enough publicity about the change in SIM card that the technically aware would have at least questioned what size the new phone took and not brought it home and perhaps unwrapped it and charged it before deciding it wouldn't take their old SIM card and that it was too much trouble to get an new one.
    Last edited by jpash549; 02-03-2013 at 02:06 PM.
    Thanked by 2:
    bbfan1040 (02-03-2013),  yamahammer (02-03-2013) 
  11. taz323's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    727 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,735 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    I don't have the Z10, yet, but there hasn't been a new phone yet that hasn't had some little quirks to trim out and that includes Apple and Androids. I will still but my money on BlackBerry and the Z 10 and Q10.
    Thanked by:
    bbfan1040 (02-03-2013) 
  12. LazyEvul's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,771 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,781 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sad_old_man View Post
    Partially my fault, partially the air time providers.

    First thing is your sim card won't fit. It takes the new micro sim. Yes I could buy a sim card trimmer and yes I could go all the way back to the store and get one. Then get them to register the sim card with my mobile number and then do a transfer of all data to DTM and then back to the Z10.

    Do you honestly think that anyone (Joe public) is going to do all that? Or just let me think! I'll tell you what just give me another iPhone instead.

    And bear in mind that although I dislike apple, the iPhone 5 can hardly be described as a beta release!
    A SIM card? So let me get this straight: they're all returning the phone because both they and their carrier neglected to notice that this new phone takes a microSIM card? And now you want to blame BlackBerry for it? Good grief people, research before you buy, it's really not that difficult...

    P.S. That shiny iPhone 5? nanoSIM card.
    Z30 (10.2.1.2947) | PlayBook 32GB (2.1.0.1753) | Lumia 1020 (WP8.1 Dev Preview, Lumia Black) | Nexus 4 (Android 4.4.2)
    bungaboy likes this.
  13. lunaticwithin's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    633 Posts
    Global Posts
    634 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    So the reason you are returning it is due to your carrier not supplying you the correct SIM card? I may be mistaken here but the iPhone takes the smaller SIM as well?
    Thanked by:
    bbfan1040 (02-05-2013) 
  14. bbqkid8's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    642 Posts
    Global Posts
    648 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default Re: We as customers deserve more than this from a supplier!

    I have seen gigantic Z10 posters in the mall both at Telus, Best Buy Mobile, and Wireless Wave here at my local mall. I am talking 7ft tall, window display covers too. Pretty in your face. I am sure there are more around too... and the phone isn't even out in Canada yet. Not to mention the Superbowl ad coming and all the social media stuff that they have been doing. Maybe you are not looking at the right places.
    Storm 1 > Bold 9900 > Blackberry Z10!

    Playbook 16gb > 64gb;

    Google Nexus 10
  15. ibpluto's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,912 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    W.......... T........... F..........?
    bungaboy likes this.
  16. sad_old_man's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    8,835 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,850 Global Posts
    PIN
    "Psychopomps"
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jpash549 View Post
    Even Apple, Microsoft and certainly Google release what might be called beta versions of their software to the public. With the Nexus 7 there have already been at least three upgrades with bug fixes in six or seven months with still things to be fixed. When millions in the general public start using software they go into corners that have not been explored by thousands of tech proficient testers. Software is not complete until people stop using it.
    Yes I do understand that, but when the likes of Google, Microsoft and Apple do so, the total future of the company is not at stake. When they do it several thousand stockholders are not breathing down their necks and just looking for any sort of feedback that they perceive may threaten their investment and make them pull the plug.

    It's nice to be financially secure!
    eddy_berry likes this.
  17. jstarett's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    780 Posts
    PIN
    In my pants.
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sad_old_man View Post
    Partially my fault, partially the air time providers.

    First thing is your sim card won't fit. It takes the new micro sim. Yes I could buy a sim card trimmer and yes I could go all the way back to the store and get one. Then get them to register the sim card with my mobile number and then do a transfer of all data to DTM and then back to the Z10.

    Do you honestly think that anyone (Joe public) is going to do all that? Or just let me think! I'll tell you what just give me another iPhone instead.

    And bear in mind that although I dislike apple, the iPhone 5 can hardly be described as a beta release!
    That has absolutely nothing to do with BlackBerry...That is the problem with your carrier, the place you bought it from and/or yourself. It has been broadcasted for awhile they will be using the new micro-sim cards so either your carrier/place should have told you all that before you purchased it or you should have gone to the store and picked up a "trimmer".

    Not really sure picking up an Iphone 5 will do you any better since they also use the Nano-Sim technology...in fact that is the design Apple has been pushing for some time now.


    Uhh Siri... Beta, Maps... Beta... seriously man do you even research at all?
    Bold (9000) | Torch (9800) | Torch (9810) | Z10 OS: 10.2.1.537
    Playbook 64G WiFi QNX: 2.1.0.1032
    snarlybear likes this.
  18. ciscobear's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Wow a sim card? He must be drinking. All new phones today carry microsim. Iphone is nano-sim. I am however waiting to hear about these 1000 premium apps. Rim is doing again what they did to us playbook users. Enough is enough.
    Uncle Remus likes this.
  19. taz323's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    727 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,735 Global Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sad_old_man View Post
    Yes I do understand that, but when the likes of Google, Microsoft and Apple do so, the total future of the company is not at stake. When they do it several thousand stockholders are not breathing down their necks and just looking for any sort of feedback that they perceive may threaten their investment and make them pull the plug.

    It's nice to be financially secure!
    Seems to me that there stock hasn't been doing so well, never know
  20. spencerdl's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    8,730 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,465 Global Posts
    #20  

    Default

    In my life I've realized there are some people that are just complainers, you Old Man are just that. In some of your post I try and figure out what your trying to say and it becomes difficult to do.......I guess you really don't like anything. Remember this, you have a choice to purchase any phone you want, but ALL phones have problems. Just try and get one that BEST suit your needs and wants and hope problems are at a minimal.
  21. beman39's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    850 Posts
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default

    first I think you should stop drinking brandy! second maybe get a name change or even better yet, change your outlook on LIFE! amazing how your ranting future visions of doom and gloom for BB because your SERVICE PROVIDER messed up! thats idiotic! please do us a favor and stop drinking! lol and 3rd I can't beleive you brought back your phone AND BLAMING RIM for getting the wrong sim card! people never cease to amaze me! and as for the other people in the Z10 forum ranting about this and that...maybe they're drinking too? lol
  22. sad_old_man's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    8,835 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,850 Global Posts
    PIN
    "Psychopomps"
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyEvul View Post
    A SIM card? So let me get this straight: they're all returning the phone because both they and their carrier neglected to notice that this new phone takes a microSIM card? And now you want to blame BlackBerry for it? Good grief people, research before you buy, it's really not that difficult...

    P.S. That shiny iPhone 5? nanoSIM card.
    Here we go again. Don't abuse the knowledge you possess. You are tech savvie along with most people on this forum. 65% of the public domain not spend their lives delving into the latest technology and keeping up to date with the latest tweet from Abraham Lincoln informing people that he has unfortunately had to pass away. Most of them don't even own a computer. They upgrade their phone and like they have done for years, take their sim out and put it in the new phone. Now this is not RIM's fault but if they don't control their providers then we have no chance. Don't forget I don't live somewhere warm and exotic where they have sophisticated things like superbowl and the hype in the UK about bb10 has been non existent to say the least.

    I will end this thread now once and for all, but not until I have returned mt Z10 beta version of what was hyped to be the holy grail.

    No replies accepted, as I have some very nice brandy that I need to have a serious conversation with.

    Thanks.
  23. jpash549's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,626 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,852 Global Posts
    #23  

    Default

    s_o_m: Did you even get to try the new operating system? Chug_a_lug. Hey that would be a good new monicker.
  24. LazyEvul's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,771 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,781 Global Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sad_old_man View Post
    Here we go again. Don't abuse the knowledge you possess. You are tech savvie along with most people on this forum. 65% of the public domain not spend their lives delving into the latest technology and keeping up to date with the latest tweet from Abraham Lincoln informing people that he has unfortunately had to pass away. Most of them don't even own a computer. They upgrade their phone and like they have done for years, take their sim out and put it in the new phone. Now this is not RIM's fault but if they don't control their providers then we have no chance. Don't forget I don't live somewhere warm and exotic where they have sophisticated things like superbowl and the hype in the UK about bb10 has been non existent to say the least.
    Absolutely none of that explains why the iPhone 5, with its even smaller nanoSIM card, sells like hotcakes without any such silly complaints.
    Z30 (10.2.1.2947) | PlayBook 32GB (2.1.0.1753) | Lumia 1020 (WP8.1 Dev Preview, Lumia Black) | Nexus 4 (Android 4.4.2)
    bbfan1040 likes this.
  25. ChrisMay's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    519 Posts
    Global Posts
    523 Global Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sad_old_man View Post
    I have been infringed or whatever the moderators like to call it, but my message has always been crystal clear. Unless you look through the windows of the bb corporate tower.

    We have all suffered the lack of information, missed target dates, and made to feel thankful for the scraps of upgrades that we have suffered over the last two years.

    BB10 has been on the market for a matter of days. Did I see any advertising about it, any of the usual marketing hype and we all know what marketing people are like when you give them a budget!

    No, none of this! Apart from the inner circle of BB fanatics (us) they left it to the airtime providers. I have spoken in person today to five people that now own one, and without exception the five people are returning them. My son brought my new Z10 home this afternoon and it is going back tomorrow.

    Not wanting to be reprimanded again (not that I care) by the moderators) I quickly scanned the Z10 forum on Crackberry. If your interested just have a quick look. It's inundated with complaints about what RIM hail as their new saviour.

    I am regretfully past the point of all hope for this company because they behave like a child that refuses to learn from their mistakes.

    And you wonder why I drink!
    Is this your real opinion or are you having a bit of a troll? Maybe after a couple of brandies??
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Storm2 more than just an upgrade from storm1
    By andonakis in forum BlackBerry Storm2
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-23-2010, 07:40 AM
  2. Select from more than one icon for a function within a theme?
    By Doxiedad in forum BlackBerry Themes
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-09-2010, 08:00 AM
  3. Can we use more than one e-mail address on 8330..
    By mntn_biker_chik in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-01-2008, 12:09 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 09:13 AM
  5. deleting more than one email from gmail
    By malariadog in forum Older BlackBerrys
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 01:31 PM

Posting Permissions