I returned my Blackberry Playbook today, thank God I am a Best Buy Silver member which gives me 45 days to return my purchases. I tried holding on as long as I could. I think Blackberry shouldnt even have released this Playbook until they had a completed product, with some super apps. I think the people who purchased the Playbook were more like beta testers. I am sick of hearing the argument that when the Ipad was released they didn't have as many apps and that they had some glitches too. The reality is they were one of the first to release this type of technology. Blackberry should've had this product up to par with the apps and functionality (native email, calender) already.

The best thing I did was return this BETA unit... I don't miss it at all.
    06-01-11 11:48 PM
    great first post, super grats to you
    06-01-11 11:50 PM
    we all got to start somewhere...
    06-01-11 11:57 PM
    Sounds like someone should have researched a little bit.
    06-01-11 11:58 PM
    we all got to start somewhere...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f34/
    06-02-11 12:03 AM
    You say that like its a bad thing...

I've bought enough first-gen devices to know what I was getting into. With updatable devices there's always a growth period. I wanted to be in early to see the growth and to be part of the discovery and innovation. We've already gone from "App World only" to downloading .swf files and side-loading .bar files. I've already had 10 times more fun with this tablet than I did with the iPad2 and to quote the Apple commercials "This is just the beginning"...

I, too, am glad you returned it. Enjoy your Hone button
    06-02-11 02:13 AM
    So.... you knowingly bought a first generation device using a completely new operating system that is made by a company with absolutely no prior experience in this brand new market. And you're upset that it isn't overflowing with features and apps after 1.5 months?

I guess some people don't understand what being an early adopter is all about. Watching and helping the device develop and grow is part of the fun. But I suppose some people just want instant gratification, to each their own. Just realize that the PlayBook is hands down the best tablet hardware wise, and once the apps and software get going it'll blow everything else away. And then you'll look foolish for giving up so early.
    06-02-11 02:32 AM
    I am sick of hearing the argument that when the Ipad was released they didn't have as many apps and that they had some glitches too. The reality is they were one of the first to release this type of technology.

The best thing I did was return this BETA unit... I don't miss it at all.
    I'm sure Steve Jobs is very happy with you.
    06-02-11 03:18 AM
    I never owned an apple product but for some of you guys to say that this is a learning experience I seriously don't get it. Its like saying you are going to buy a new HD TV and none of the features work. Truth be told this should have been released with the Ipad 3 with proper marketing, apps, features.

Gps never worked, flash sites constantly shut down the browser, putting the playbook to sleep was a joke. Notifications sometimes wouldn't clear out, majority of websites, especially google search couldn't render pages properly. File sharing constantly disconnected and the one issue that pushed me over the edge was WIFI not recognizing my network time after time.

You guys don't work for blackberry, they can careless about your feedback or they obviously wouldve done something about this major fail. When competing with monsters like Apple and Android Tablets you can't ship out Beta Playbooks and tell people just wait and see.... I don't get it.
    Last edited by chefmo27; 06-02-11 at 03:31 AM.
    06-02-11 03:29 AM
    You have a lot of valid points. Anymore than a couple of hours with the PlayBook and you'll notice bugs. It clearly is a Beta product to a degree and when you put your hard earned into a product you should have these obvious issues that should have been picked up by RIM before they released it.

Why should we be BETA testers as you say...its not as if we got a free one to test for them??!??

By the way...I would never return mine, the hardware is awesome! Makes the my ipad look like a tube tv!!! :-)
    06-02-11 04:03 AM
    I never owned an apple product but for some of you guys to say that this is a learning experience I seriously don't get it. Its like saying you are going to buy a new HD TV and none of the features work. Truth be told this should have been released with the Ipad 3 with proper marketing, apps, features.

Gps never worked, flash sites constantly shut down the browser, putting the playbook to sleep was a joke. Notifications sometimes wouldn't clear out, majority of websites, especially google search couldn't render pages properly. File sharing constantly disconnected and the one issue that pushed me over the edge was WIFI not recognizing my network time after time.

You guys don't work for blackberry, they can careless about your feedback or they obviously wouldve done something about this major fail. When competing with monsters like Apple and Android Tablets you can't ship out Beta Playbooks and tell people just wait and see.... I don't get it.
    Yeah but I bet people that first bought a TV when they were invented felt like beta testers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-11 04:35 AM
    Guys... has no one noticed the tags??? "op is trollol"
    The OP either never owned a Playbook, or he does and is just making fun of all of you.
    There are people who are trolling for fun, or because they really have nothing better to do. The first thing I do when going to a thread like this, is to read the tags. In this case, they unveil that the OP is a troll.
    06-02-11 05:21 AM
    The reality is they were one of the first to release this type of technology.
    *sigh*

Sorry, but the iPad was not the first tablet to market. Not by a long shot, so it is wrong to say that Apple was one of the first to release this type of technology.
    06-02-11 05:56 AM
    Guys... has no one noticed the tags??? "op is trollol"
    The OP either never owned a Playbook, or he does and is just making fun of all of you.
    There are people who are trolling for fun, or because they really have nothing better to do. The first thing I do when going to a thread like this, is to read the tags. In this case, they unveil that the OP is a troll.
    Are you serious? You do realize that anyone can add tags, right? And you do realize that any tags can be added, right? In other words, reading the tags does not prove anything about the OP or the Thread. As a matter of fact, according to the tags, I should never believe anything you say! Hm...
    blackmoe likes this.
    06-02-11 05:58 AM
    What are tags? Im guessing I have them disabled, are they in the signature? NM, just saw them at the bottom of the thread.

Are you serious? You do realize that anyone can add tags, right? And you do realize that any tags can be added, right? In other words, reading the tags does not prove anything about the OP or the Thread. As a matter of fact, according to the tags, I should never believe anything you say! Hm...
    06-02-11 06:27 AM
    yawn...i love my pb
    06-02-11 06:29 AM
    As with any first-run product, a period of problematic issue can be found. Cars, electronics, appliances, you name it. If the PlayBook has been this much of a letdown, don't buy a Toyota Prius.

anon3371163 likes this.
    06-02-11 06:36 AM
    sorry to hear that you felt cheated like a beta tester..but i am enjoying my Playbook like some of us here i have no complains..i owned a samsung tab and ipad but too bad my playbook is king among them..android tablet is too laggy and ipad is just so commonplace. Playbook outright beats them hardware wise. Application wise, i don't miss android and ipad..tons of rubbish

06-02-11 06:37 AM

Obviously the PlayBook isn't for you and you should have done more research on the device before you made your purchase. You just don't seem to understand.. The iPad wasn't the device it is today when it first came out, no device like these could be completely perfect, no needed updates or bugs or anything, right out of the box. They had to get it to market because they would have fallen drastically behind if they didn't release it.

At the Bolded Part - No it shouldn't have. They released it perfectly. I'm completely satisfied with my device, as are a lot of other people. My GPS works fine. Flash sites have never closed down my browser. How is putting the PB to sleep a joke? You hit the power button and it's asleep, or you set the timeout to be a minute and a half. Nothing is a joke about that, it's simple and makes perfect sense. Notifications are a bit glitchy for right now, but it's a brand new device and field for BlackBerry. You expect way to much, and got your hopes crushed when they didn't release want you expected it to be. Lower your expectations next time and you won't be disappointed by the device. If the majority of the websites don't render properly, that sounds like a defective device, I have never once had any site render improperly. I have a better browsing experience on my PB then on my 27" Mac. The Wifi problem has been discussed quite a bit, and I'm pretty sure it was settled that the PB doesn't like certain routers.

Honestly though, you should have done way more research about the device before buying it. Did you just think 'OOOH BLACKBERRY ME WANT!!' I know I didn't. I read about the device for a while before it was even released and still knew I wanted it even with it's shortcomings because it has amazing potential.
    Spawn12 and fnguyen like this.
    06-02-11 06:37 AM
    Obviously the PlayBook isn't for you and you should have done more research on the device before you made your purchase. You just don't seem to understand.. The iPad wasn't the device it is today when it first came out, no device like these could be completely perfect, no needed updates or bugs or anything, right out of the box. They had to get it to market because they would have fallen drastically behind if they didn't release it.

At the Bolded Part - No it shouldn't have. They released it perfectly. I'm completely satisfied with my device, as are a lot of other people. My GPS works fine. Flash sites have never closed down my browser. How is putting the PB to sleep a joke? You hit the power button and it's asleep, or you set the timeout to be a minute and a half. Nothing is a joke about that, it's simple and makes perfect sense. Notifications are a bit glitchy for right now, but it's a brand new device and field for BlackBerry. You expect way to much, and got your hopes crushed when they didn't release want you expected it to be. Lower your expectations next time and you won't be disappointed by the device. If the majority of the websites don't render properly, that sounds like a defective device, I have never once had any site render improperly. I have a better browsing experience on my PB then on my 27" Mac. The Wifi problem has been discussed quite a bit, and I'm pretty sure it was settled that the PB doesn't like certain routers.

Honestly though, you should have done way more research about the device before buying it. Did you just think 'OOOH BLACKBERRY ME WANT!!' I know I didn't. I read about the device for a while before it was even released and still knew I wanted it even with it's shortcomings because it has amazing potential.
    +1

Fantastic post

Getting quite fed up seeing these moaning ******** threads in here now...whats the point of these threads other than to get peoples backs up or cause e-arguements???...i mean fair enough you dont like the pb or didnt get on with it but i cant for the life of me figure out why people post about returning the pb...its all a bit confusing to me.
    Last edited by Spawn12; 06-02-11 at 07:22 AM.
    06-02-11 07:01 AM
    Yeah but I bet people that first bought a TV when they were invented felt like beta testers.

just not a good analogy at all..just bad
    06-02-11 07:06 AM
    Chef,

Looks like a lot of people were expecting more from this tablet. Not your fault for not liking a product and agreeing with what a lot of reviews said.

No reason to flame him. Doesn't make him a fanboi either.
    howarmat likes this.
    06-02-11 07:08 AM

WHAT???

Are you crazy?

Perfectly? Really?

So, they said hey, this product isn't finished, but we are going to push it out after the Ipad 2. After the Ipad 2.

Why?

Wouldn't it have made more sense, if you weren't going to really improve the tablet, to just push it out BEFORE the Ipad 2?

To say that the timing was "perfect" just shows how blinded you really are. Why was it perfect? What was so great about the end of April?

I can't wait to hear your response because releasing the tablet when it did, unfinished and all, made absolutely zero sense. Especially not perfect sense LOL.
    06-02-11 07:13 AM
    WHAT???

Are you crazy?

Perfectly? Really?

So, they said hey, this product isn't finished, but we are going to push it out after the Ipad 2. After the Ipad 2.

Why?

Wouldn't it have made more sense, if you weren't going to really improve the tablet, to just push it out BEFORE the Ipad 2?

To say that the timing was "perfect" just shows how blinded you really are. Why was it perfect? What was so great about the end of April?

I can't wait to hear your response because releasing the tablet when it did, unfinished and all, made absolutely zero sense. Especially not perfect sense LOL.
    So I'm not allowed to have my own OPINION on this site? I believe I am allowed to. So therefore, it was released perfectly for me. Just because it wasn't perfectly released for you, doesn't mean it wasn't for other people. You need to think of more people then just yourself. I'm not blinded by anything, this tablet is perfect for me. Sorry that it doesn't seem to be perfect for you. How many times do I have to say this.. No piece of technology is flawless when it is released. They released a product that is usuable, with updates coming to make it better. So to me, that is perfect. If you don't like hearing other people's opinions, I would suggest leaving this site.
    fnguyen likes this.
    06-02-11 07:21 AM
    i support above poster. i don't see any reasons wrong rim released the playbook at current state..if you are not satisfied with it you are free to return it or sell it..you can express dissatisfaction but don't expect the whole world to agree with you. if you don't like a different opinion then go away, you won't be missed.

Technerd.McLeod likes this.
    06-02-11 07:33 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD