Received a package from my Waterloo Genie today.

Nice to see it is only slightly thicker on the spine than the convertible case and barely any heavier.
    01-16-13 03:57 PM
    Nice, I wonder if the keys leave any marks on the screen.
    01-16-13 04:02 PM
    Doesn't appear to be possible. The keys are set down from the rim (no pun intended) around the edge of the keyboard. I put a straight edge across the keyboard and there is a gap between the top of the keys and the bottom of the straight edge.
    Thachoc1 likes this.
    01-16-13 04:14 PM
    I've had one for months, the keys don't touch the screen.
    Thachoc1 likes this.
    01-16-13 04:21 PM
    I must be missing something?
    01-16-13 04:37 PM
    I must be missing something?
    I think his question was when you close the case do the keys (with your greasy fingerprints) end up pressing against the glass. If they did, I would also be concerned about damaging the glass or, at a minimum, leaving marks (permanent or otherwise). The good news is there is no contact with the keys or the touchpad. Both are recessed.
    01-16-13 04:50 PM
    That's a sweet little thing. I guess you got it for $20 or something utterly ridiculous like that? We can't even get keyboard cases here!

What stylus are you using? I've been through a few and the tips have to touch the screen straight up to register on the screen, I would love to get one that lets me write like with a regular pen.
    01-16-13 04:55 PM
    That's a sweet little thing. I guess you got it for $20 or something utterly ridiculous like that? We can't even get keyboard cases here!

What stylus are you using? I've been through a few and the tips have to touch the screen straight up to register on the screen, I would love to get one that lets me write like with a regular pen.
    Actually, it was completely free...I really do have a genie in Waterloo (also sometimes referred to jokingly as a quadruple agent). I use an amPen Hybrid Stylus. It is great for touching the screen at any angle you want but the end is blunt, so using it as a writing tool isn't going to work.
    malgpz900 likes this.
    01-16-13 05:04 PM

I've tried several capacitive pens including the expensive jot products and none of them work very well. You have to write slowly and there is no palm rejection. Maybe when bb10 comes we'll get better performance, but I think the underlying technology is the problem, we really need a digitizer pen option.
    malgpz900 likes this.
    01-16-13 05:07 PM
    The keyboard does NOT mark the tablet screen but then I have not placed Encyclopedia Britannica on top of the closed case.
    Thachoc1 likes this.
    01-17-13 01:51 AM
    I've tried several capacitive pens including the expensive jot products and none of them work very well. You have to write slowly and there is no palm rejection. Maybe when bb10 comes we'll get better performance, but I think the underlying technology is the problem, we really need a digitizer pen option.
    I had a Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet a while back and that came with an Ntrig stylus. I think that's the same technology in the Galaxy Note series as well. Pressure sensitivity, palm rejection, very accurate positioning, it was a joy to use for writing and doing diagrams. I tried a capacitive stylus with the PB and it was like drawing with a blunt crayon

A 7" tablet with an Ntrig or Wacom pen would be perfect.
    01-17-13 06:35 AM
    Received a package from my Waterloo Genie today.

http://www.wwk.com/images/BBmini.jpg

Nice to see it is only slightly thicker on the spine than the convertible case and barely any heavier.
    Do you like this keyboard and case? I found it took about a week to adapt to the mini-keyboard before my typing speed, non-touch-typist, was close to full-size keyboard typing speed. The case looks like a book on my desk or bookcase or when carried in my hand of with other books which makes it less noticeable from the perspective of would-be thieves. The case reminds me of a bible.
    01-17-13 07:15 AM
    Do you like this keyboard and case? I found it took about a week to adapt to the mini-keyboard before my typing speed, non-touch-typist, was close to full-size keyboard typing speed. The case looks like a book on my desk or bookcase or when carried in my hand of with other books which makes it less noticeable from the perspective of would-be thieves. The case reminds me of a bible.
    Yes, nice looking case that doesn't attract attention. Not overly heavy considering what it is holding. And, yes, it is going to take a little time to get used to the smaller keyboard since I am just a bit under 2 meters tall. That damn A key keeps throwing me for a loop (just over the cap key).
    01-17-13 11:07 AM
    Doesn't appear to be possible. The keys are set down from the rim (no pun intended) around the edge of the keyboard. I put a straight edge across the keyboard and there is a gap between the top of the keys and the bottom of the straight edge.
    Nice!
    01-17-13 03:45 PM