Hi

I have in my possesion a 32 GB used playbook. I bought it from a corporation and not from a known person. That means the PB is registered to someone which I dont know who. I called RIM, they said that the owner must call and transfer the ownership incase I want to use the warranty one day. I am calling them and arguing because I dont think it makes sense. I have the playbook with me. I really need help to find a solution to this. What can I do to transfer the ownership onto my name without the old owner ? I even asked if they could give me the name of the person its registered to so maybe I can call the corporation and they can refer me to the person, RIM said that for security reasons they cant provide me with that info. I tried calling the corporation, they said they cant do anything about it. However, when i gave the serial number to RIM, they said the device is still under warranty... Can I do anything about it ?
    10-19-11 04:26 PM
    There's nothing you can do.
    10-19-11 05:26 PM
    From past discussions on bb phones, the warranty only applies to the original purchaser. So they canNOT transfer it to you.

I guess if you could locate them, they could apply for warranty service.

One more try - see if rim would pass your info/email to the original owner who could make a decision to contact you.
    10-19-11 05:55 PM
    did you pay for the playbook? i did so i know the owner. if you have problems you give the playbook (which isnt yours, its the corporations') back to the specific peon that gave it to you, tell them its broke, and requisition a new one using the b1t3m3 form... in triplicate please. geez, you must be a new peon.
    10-19-11 07:00 PM
    Ofcourse I paid for it. What do you think ? It fell from the sky ?

I am going to try to contact RIM to negotiate something. Thanks guys.

Any other suggestions are welcomed.
    10-19-11 08:37 PM
    Sorry, my bad. i thought your corp gave it to you. good luck with your repairs. lets us know how it goes please.
    10-20-11 09:33 PM
    http://us.blackberry.com/legal/playb...anty-na-en.pdf

The warranty specifically indicates that the warranty applies to the original end user and is not transferable by the user.

So good luck.
    10-21-11 06:08 AM
    The bill of sale from the corporation should be all they need, not from the user, realizing that the whole idea of the Playbook in a corporation was that multiple users could use it.
    10-21-11 07:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD