I broke my + volume key trying to change the volume in the BlackBerry tri-fold leather case. I remember seeing a review, saying its was almost impossible to use the buttons in the case. But I tried anyway. Does anyone know how much they would charge to get this fixed? I got my PlayBook in April, so...
    02-11-12 08:42 AM
    I don't know how much it would cost, but you might get some kind of estimate using the twitter or the facebook for blackberry....
    on facebook do a search for Blackberry and scroll down for the country you are in.

The PB has a one year warranty,and only a 90 day free Tech support.

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    UK: 0-800-096-2805
    Twitter: @BlackberryHelp
    Email: [email protected]
    jtvoxboi and Superfly_FR like this.
    02-11-12 08:57 AM
    What's broken? Is the key missing or just no function anymore.
    02-11-12 09:15 AM
    I also had a hard time using the power, and volume keys in the BB case, so I bought the C.E.O. convertable case. It has the openings for all the buttons and ports.

http://www.amazon.com/C-E-O-Folio-fo...bUvbUpU7114011
    02-11-12 09:26 AM
    The Otterbox's rubber rand provides a really good surface 'bumps' that make accessing the pb buttons much easier. Under the rand are complementary bumps that press on the pb's buttons.
    jafobabe and curvezzz like this.
    02-11-12 10:31 AM
    Check if the volume up button is not physically damaged -loose ,misaligned or disengaged from spring ect. Remove the Playbook from the case and fully charge it. Then check all the various functions related to sound, including headphone jack. If button is physically damaged in any way, send it in for repair. If you bought the Playbook in April it should still be under warranty.
    02-11-12 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD