I really think it would be more worth for RIM device if RIM or its third parties can give individual devices more ability to support each other. This is also worth for RIM's device users as they just have to use only RIM devices for convenience and saving their money by a sharing usage of hardware between devices.
    Last edited by wecataract; 11-27-11 at 06:35 AM.
    11-27-11 06:32 AM
    I really think it would be more worth for RIM device if RIM or its third parties can give individual devices more ability to support each other. This is also worth for RIM's device users as they just have to use only RIM devices for convenience and saving their money by a sharing usage of hardware between devices.
    I've heard this is going to be one of the features in O.S 2.0.
    11-27-11 06:41 AM
    That would be a great feature and shouldn't be difficult to set up with the bridge connection. I was thinking about this the other day as i was hammering out a longer email on my playbook; i could go so much faster on my 9900.
    11-27-11 09:43 AM
    as mentioned earlier this is a rumored feature. Time will tell.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-11 09:47 AM
    as mentioned earlier this is a rumored feature. Time will tell.

Patience is key...
    11-27-11 10:08 AM
    Looking forward for this feature. It will be a great add-on.

11-27-11 10:22 AM
    But it also points out that a keyboard about 3 inches across is better than the one on the pb.
    11-27-11 10:40 AM
    Any physical keyboard is better than a touch one...
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    11-27-11 10:58 AM
    I agree but this one could be better - just give me a way to move the cursor more easily to fix typos.
    11-27-11 11:33 AM
    I bougth this combo from amazon Amazon.com: Tsirtech 5 in 1 Blackberry Playbook Bundle with Bluetooth Keyboard+HDMI Cable+Stylus+Usb Charger: Electronics
    Seems very nice!

But most of the bluetooth keyboard works with the PB...I have seen apple, hp and many other generic...
    11-27-11 11:42 AM
    It would be a great option to have . . .It's pretty interesting just how fast I can type with my bb and how slow I am with the playbook . . .you would think this would have been one of the first thing they put on the playbook. . . then again native email was out too . . .hmmmmm
    12-14-11 02:05 PM
    Yes, any virtual keyboard is difficult, I suppose especially with progressive lenses......
    12-14-11 02:09 PM
    I bougth this combo from amazon Amazon.com: Tsirtech 5 in 1 Blackberry Playbook Bundle with Bluetooth Keyboard+HDMI Cable+Stylus+Usb Charger: Electronics
    Seems very nice!

But most of the bluetooth keyboard works with the PB...I have seen apple, hp and many other generic...
    did u read the reviews? sounds terrible but to each their own. i hope it works well for u.
    12-14-11 02:23 PM
    I don't know if I would use it for typing so much. I would like more of a remote control function. Maybe to control media while the PB is wired to the tv.
    12-14-11 02:30 PM
    I don't know if I would use it for typing so much. I would like more of a remote control function. Maybe to control media while the PB is wired to the tv.
    Yes I agree wholeheartedly this would be a very usefull feature and one I would love to see. Much safer to let the kids play movies on it without having to disturb it from a safe place.
    12-14-11 03:09 PM
    Nifty feature, yes, but now that I think about it, why would I use it to type an email on a bridged device? Doesn't that make the phone-tablet combo a bit redundant?

Still think it would be cool...
    12-14-11 03:16 PM
    i'm sort of on and off topic at the same time here. earlier i posted about a cheap android keyboard and mouse from motarola. someone popped the question if it would work with the playbook. the next reply was likely yes. it got me thinking what is smaller. then i remembered my old wireless keypad from my PS3.
    I tried it out and it works pretty good. its small and the keypad also works as a track pad when toggled. one problem no scrolling. but with the right key presses you can even use some of the swipe functions.
    12-14-11 04:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD