I don't like the fact we need to give out BBID... Actually, I don't like the way BBID is implemented.

We should use the email/login to identify ourselves, but not share the email with people. That bloody "screen name" should be what we give to people!
    That's right...only folks who have my BBID are family, a few friends, and my broker. For all I know, I give out my BBID, and find myself saying hello to some 800 lb naked fatty from the perv central sub-forums down below, waving his schwanz at me. Nosiree Bob, no BBID for you.
    02-03-12 02:57 PM
    I found the bbid used for the chat and whatever else also was poorly thought out. The need to reveal what might be an obscure or private email address is foolish to use features is awful.
    diegonei likes this.
    02-03-12 03:33 PM
    Id do it but im sitting in a parking lot in my bus waiting for the tourist to return.
    To bad the video chat needs wifi.
    02-03-12 04:10 PM
    I have yet to use the video chat since I didn't know anyone with a pb when I first got mine. And now I'm on OS2 beta so no video chat at all -___-
    02-03-12 05:44 PM
    You can still use ReelPortal on OS2 Beta. We had some friends over the other night. We are sitting in the dining room, the kids are playing Wii in the family room. I opened the ReelPortal app on my wife's PB, created a room and pointed the camera at the girls. Went into the app on my PB in the dining room and connected to the same chatroom. It was great being able to watch them being silly until my daughter's face shows up in EXTREME Closeup because she saw the PB on the shelf, then I was suddenly in the chatroom alone...

Some people also talk about imo.im as a way to get Skype, but I've never needed it...
    02-03-12 05:53 PM
    Anyone still willing to test video chat? I'm in the same boat as the op, don't know any other pb owners. bbm me if you want, thanks! 314d0f12
    02-15-12 10:25 AM
    I'll be in on this when I get mine!
    Berryuman likes this.
    02-15-12 10:35 AM
    Does this work across the ocean? Or generate great expense? My daughter is in Abu Dhabi and won't use BBM back to the UK as it costs so much, or so she tells me. I rarely actually look at phone bills so wouldn't know either way. I presume videochat uses the same 'network' as BBM?
    02-16-12 08:35 AM
    I believe it uses wifi and so should not cost anything. I don't use bbm so can't comment on it.
    02-16-12 10:47 AM
    Does this work across the ocean? Or generate great expense? My daughter is in Abu Dhabi and won't use BBM back to the UK as it costs so much, or so she tells me. I rarely actually look at phone bills so wouldn't know either way. I presume videochat uses the same 'network' as BBM?
    I was able to test it out for a bit yesterday, with a CB member who was in China (I'm in US) ... the video portion didn't really work, was just frozen. He said that the wifi in the hotel he was at was pretty slow though, so that may have been the cause. The audio worked perfect. As far as will we see that on our phone bill? Not sure, guess we'll find out!
    02-16-12 11:15 AM
    I'd be willing to engage in video/chat with photographers or birders from British Columbia or the Pacific Northwest States. I don't have Wi-fi at home but I can do it from my neighborhood library.
    If anyone is interested, please contact me.
    11-30-12 01:22 AM
    Hi i want to test the chat on mine too
    11-30-12 04:39 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD