The best thing we who own and enjoy our PlayBooks can do to get more support for them is to download lots of apps from BlackBerry World to our PlayBooks. I'm not saying download any app, but instead to download any app you may use and to leave feedback on it. App downloads and feedback numbers denote overall usership and are the number one most important factor in whethor or not a platform is worth investing in or continuing to invest in and promote.

From one BBPB fan to another, DOWNLOAD, LEAVE FEEDBACK, SHARE APPS YOU LIKE WITH OTHERS. BB10 isn't coming, but with enough support, we can still get some fun updates.
    02-11-14 07:56 PM
    Well said! Together with Save the PlayBook, I'm working on a list if 'gold standard PlayBook' Apps & Games that when published should help new and existing PlayBook owners understand how useful this device can be. We need the community to input then agree on maybe top 50. Suggestions please!

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 03:30 AM
    Well said! Together with Save the PlayBook, I'm working on a list if 'gold standard PlayBook' Apps & Games that when published should help new and existing PlayBook owners understand how useful this device can be. We need the community to input then agree on maybe top 50. Suggestions please!

Posted via CB10
    Blaq 9.0
    LAN File Explorer 10.0
    Antair Nightstand - beautiful clock and weather app 10.0
    Files and Folders for Blackberry PlayBook 8.5
    Radiant Defense - game FUN.0
    PillPad - for tracking medication and doctor appointments still evolving
    KalemSoft Media player 9.5
    Origami Browser 8.5
    Last edited by Mecca EL; 02-12-14 at 09:56 AM. Reason: update
    02-12-14 07:08 AM
    My favourite native apps:

Kalemsoft Media Player
    Stereotube
    Book Reader
    Origami Browser
    Advanced Camera
    eGo Maps

I would gladly purchase other apps if I didn't have the following issue (no one seems to have a fix):

Error 11000 when trying to buy PB apps - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-12-14 08:59 AM
    Thank you keep lists coming...I will add all then discuss with others for top ratings. If possible could you please give a rating out of 10 yourself.

Here are some of mine as a guide:

Origami Browser 8.5
    Kalemsoft Media Player 7.5
    Files & Folders 9
    OrganiseMe 8
    Blaq 8.5

Can you please indicate Native or Sideload. Thanks...from PlayBook UK

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-12-14 09:29 AM
    BlackBerry does continue to develop and update our PlayBooks and has. Did you not receive the latest Bridge update? Are you not aware of the continued Hub development for the PlayBook? I have no unrealistic expectations for what may come.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-12-14 09:31 AM
    I am aware and appreciate most of the ..and we desire more updates. Tell me about the PlayBook hub development...is that confirmed? After the initial discovery of the PlayBook hub feature found by mistake, all seemed to go quiet?

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 09:41 AM
    I think BlackBerry does care. I lost Video Chat, Podcasts and several other icons when I updated the OS on my 4G LTE model from .1526 to .1753. I attempted to resolve the problem myself but was not successful. Since then, I have spent about 5 hours working with various levels of tech support over the past 2 weeks. Wiping, clean reloads and "workarounds" haven't helped, but today I'm awaiting a call from a BB engineer. Hopefully I'll get it fixed. If BlackBerry didn't care, I would have been brushed off and told "that device is no longer supported" long ago!
    Mecca EL and axllebeer like this.
    02-12-14 09:44 AM
    I missed the PB Hub feature???

Posted via CB10
    02-12-14 09:46 AM
    My favourite native apps:

Kalemsoft Media Player
    Stereotube
    Book Reader
    Origami Browser
    Advanced Camera
    eGo Maps

I would gladly purchase other apps if I didn't have the following issue (no one seems to have a fix):

Error 11000 when trying to buy PB apps - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    I may be able to help. Don't want to thread jack, so send me a PM with what OS you have installed, and a brief description of what - if any - android apps you have installed.
    02-12-14 09:51 AM
    Some of my favourite sideloads for the PB:

Games:
    Apache Attack
    Heroes of Loot
    4 Pics 1 Word
    Bejeweled 2
    City Island 2 (Sim City lovers, give this a try!)

Apps:
    Songza (free streaming songs)
    Crackle (streaming movies and TV)
    Wunderlist
    Evernote
    D7 Reader (great if you use Feedly; I prefer it to the website)
    Amazon Kindle
    Marvel Comics
    Moon+ Reader
    mVideoPlayer
    TV Show Favs
    02-12-14 09:54 AM
    I am aware and appreciate most of the ..and we desire more updates. Tell me about the PlayBook hub development...is that confirmed? After the initial discovery of the PlayBook hub feature found by mistake, all seemed to go quiet?

Posted via CB10
    The PB form of Hub has actually been in two prior Bridge builds. Not many noticed.
    02-12-14 10:01 AM
    I think BlackBerry does care. I lost Video Chat, Podcasts and several other icons when I updated the OS on my 4G LTE model from .1526 to .1753. I attempted to resolve the problem myself but was not successful. Since then, I have spent about 5 hours working with various levels of tech support over the past 2 weeks. Wiping, clean reloads and "workarounds" haven't helped, but today I'm awaiting a call from a BB engineer. Hopefully I'll get it fixed. If BlackBerry didn't care, I would have been brushed off and told "that device is no longer supported" long ago!
    I can also help you with sideloading these bar files, if you're interested.
    02-12-14 10:03 AM
    My favourite apps:
    Song of Swords,
    Video Store Canada (Although I have z30, I still like watching movies in Playbook),
    BlackBerry News App
    02-12-14 10:07 AM
    Apollo (Pandora Radio Client) 1.0.2 - better than the actual Pandora app
    Evernote
    Magallanes Compass Maps 4.6.2.102
    qPDF Notes (PDF reader, and orator and former filler) 3.1.2
    CarMaint 1.1.4

There are some other I side loaded that are awesome like FreeNote.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-12-14 10:18 AM
    Thanks ladies and gentlemen. Let's keep the PlayBook App & Game recommendations flowing please?

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-12-14 11:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    I was replying to Cynycl. I am all for Bridge updates.
    02-12-14 11:42 AM
    I continue to use my Playbook with great enthusiasm. I am not an app junkie so i use my Playbook as a utility for email, banking etc. Apart from Skype, I would like to see a Playbook/iPad video chat app that makes full use of the superb Playbook camera, an app that both Playbook + iPad users can install, then we might see a significant pick up in the use of the Playbook.
    02-12-14 12:51 PM
    Ok cleaned up. Please keep the thread on topic! If you have no interest move along plenty of other threads to see.
    02-12-14 02:11 PM
    Ok cleaned up. Please keep the thread on topic! If you have no interest move along plenty of other threads to see.
    Thanks Rich!!!
    02-12-14 02:21 PM
    my most used apps are -

kalemsoft media player (n) -9
    bb news (n) - 8 (only thing missing is auto/timed update) otherwise decent flipboard replacement
    d7 (s) - 8.5
    origami (n) - 9.5
    willow (n) twitter app - 8.5
    files and folders (n) -9

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    02-12-14 03:26 PM
    Thank you for listing your top Apps and I can see there are already some here that wi be contenders for the top 10!! Like Blaq, Origami and Files & Folders to name a few. Keep em coming and I'm noting these down. We need there gold standard Apps to see what we have and possibly what we are still missing!?

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-12-14 04:31 PM
    Some of my favorites:

Apollo (n)
    Nobex Radio (n)
    YouTube Videos (n)
    KalemSoft Media (n)
    Blaq (n)
    Origami Browser (n)
    Files & Folders (n)
    Blocks of Pyramid Breaker (n)
    Sparkle (n)
    Facebook (n)
    Relax Book (n)
    Antair Nightstand (n)
    News Republic (n)

Moon+Reader (s)
    Amazon (s)
    Comics (s)
    USA Today (s)

They are all used quite often, too!
    PlayBook UK and Mecca EL like this.
    02-12-14 07:01 PM
    Hi, would you be able to give more details on the PB Hub feature?

Apart from BBM and Messaging nothing else shows on my PB when I bridge it to my Z10.

Apps that I normally use:
    the Score
    Book Reader for EPUB
    Origami Browser
    Deutsche Welle
    OSMAND Maps
    Uber Iris Photo Editor

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 01:06 AM
    Thanks once again for the App & Game listings. There are about 5 or 6 regulars and some suprises accumulating recommendations! Keep rolling!

For bridge all I've noticed is BBM, Text and notifications...is that it, where's the phone alerts!?

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 01:18 AM
27 12