1. PDF
    2. Publisher
    3. Power Point
    4. Word
    5. Excel

Would also like to write & email files such as:
    6. Word
    7. Excel

Currently my BB is able to read and write emails on my Business web site that uses Google. I would think that passes oever to the PB.

Can the PB be set up to bridge 2 BB phones, 1 os 6 and 1 os 7?

Also looking to the future for apps
    Kindle
    Help me decide if I should buy.
    Thanks in advance
    01-31-12 04:41 PM
    Tons of threads on using the PB for Business... here is one thread below, and you can also do a search in the upper right hand corner of this page to find other threads..
    Enjoy!

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...khorse-691914/
    01-31-12 04:54 PM
    Can the PB help me in my business?
    Need to read files that will be for presentations such as:
    1. PDF
    2. Publisher
    3. Power Point
    4. Word
    5. Excel

Would also like to write & email files such as:
    6. Word
    7. Excel

Currently my BB is able to read and write emails on my Business web site that uses Google. I would think that passes oever to the PB.

Can the PB be set up to bridge 2 BB phones, 1 os 6 and 1 os 7?

Also looking to the future for apps
    Kindle
    Help me decide if I should buy.
    Thanks in advance
    Hi and welcome. Good idea to research before you buy also, thumbs up.
    I have yet to find out or explore all the capabilities of the PB, there are many on this forum well versed in the questions you ask, so I would follow jafobabe's advice and search the forums. But I can tell you from my experience that the PB has been a great business tool for us.

We read pdf files, but as of now, no editing. Not sure if 2.0 will change that. We use pdf files quite heavily and hope that option becomes available. Most of our manuals and maps are in pdf format and we haven't had any problems accessing them.

We do Word and Excel with no problems, Word To Go and Sheet to Go do what we need. Our work orders and reports are done with Word and Excel. I also like to take photos of documents directly from the paper and email or save them. Very cool and convenient, just like a copier

You can do PPT from the PB and there are some additional apps that help there also, Presenters Edge being one I like.

I'm not familiar with Publisher, so can't comment.

No Skype or Kindle now, but I don't know what the future holds. Some have sideloaded Kindle, but there are also other ereaders used by members here, again, check the forums.

I haven't tried bridging two phones to the PB, but have read here it can be done.

Also, you might be interested to know that using a remote desktop app will give you complete function of your PC from your PB too. I would explore that also.

From the list you give, I would tell you that except for Skype you should be able to use the PB for your purposes with satisfaction. It would be even better to go to a retailer and try some of the functions and apps you need to know about. Really run it through the wringer. That's what I did.

I hope that helps you somewhat. I'm not a PB pro by any means, but I do use it a lot for work and some play. Technical aspects are well covered by some very knowledgeable members of this forum. Again, research the forum.

Edit: I would also check out App World for the PB so as to see the available apps that enhance the functions you're interested in.

Good luck
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 02-01-12 at 09:38 AM.
    jafobabe likes this.
    01-31-12 06:57 PM
    Upcoming enhancements in OS 2.0 for Documents 2 Go suite include the ability to edit spreadsheets, includes 100+ formulas, ability to edit embedded charts... and also you will be able to edit presentation's formatting, text, bullets, etc...
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    01-31-12 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD