Hi all

First (stupid or not ?) question (probably of many).

I'm aware that the very first thing I am going to need to do is create a Blackberry ID.

However while I was Googling around researching (re-inforcing ) my buying decision against the Nexus 7 I came across a webpage which I foolishly didn't bookmark.

It talked about making sure that the email address that you use for your Blackberry ID was either:

• the same as your Paypal main email (to make sure that the App Store worked properly)
      or
      was your Google email address (to make sure that Gmail worked properly)

Unfortunately, I can't remember which (and I know that it is important to get the Blackberry ID right first time).

Are there any "rules" or limitations about the email address you use ?

TIA

Terry
    08-31-12 04:50 AM
    First welcome to crackberry. I have not heard of either of the two statements that you came across as fact. I would recommend not using your blackberry email ([email protected]) . As for which to use it would be up to you. No great benefit either way.
    While you are waiting for your device I recommend checking out the two sticky threads http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-know-671764/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...upport-701402/
    And the manual PlayBook Hosted Help - BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet - 2.0
    08-31-12 05:39 AM
    Welcome.

I have 2 different IDs on 2 PlayBooks. One is my Home email supplied by my Internet Service Provider and the other is my government email (work). No issues with either ID.
    08-31-12 06:41 AM
    Thanks guys

I have not heard of either of the two statements that you came across as fact.
    Hey, it was on the Internet, it must be true

Terry
    08-31-12 07:42 AM
    E-mail address within the BBID is just used for verification purpose. Incase you lose the password in the future, a reference point of sorts.

You don't need to worry about reading things on the 'Internet'.. You are a part of CrackBerry now and if the answer is not on CrackBerry - I wouldn't trust the Internet.

Ps. I use hotmail within my BBID.
    08-31-12 09:48 AM
    Wherever you go motorcycles, cameras, phones, there's always a "daddy" of a forum.

This one is clearly the daddy of all Blackberry forums (note for pedants, I know - fora)

It's certainly busy enough
    08-31-12 09:56 AM
    The main thing is probably to pick an email address that you will not likely change. You know - you change carrier or isp and the domain email address changes. So something that is likely to remain long term would be a good idea.

BB makes changing bbid's a bit complex although you are supposedly able to change the underlying email address it is best to find a durable one.
    08-31-12 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD