Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By dphjeff
  • 1 Post By dphjeff
  • 2 Post By Stocklone
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Waiting for my playbook to arrive

Do i need to get a silicone sleeve for the playbook? I havent seen one yet to know if its slippery on the edges.
    Thank you.
    CrackBerry Genius

My PlayBook came with silicone sleeve. The PlayBook slide in the top of the sleeve.
    T-Raww likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    298 Global Posts

I have a convertible case (with the stand) and also the Blackberry Soft Shell case. It is a good idea to keep the Playbook protected but I do not find the "naked" Playbook slippery at all.
    Lovin' the Playbook and hatin' the cynics!
    CrackBerry Genius

I purchased the BlackBerry mini keyboard with convertible case with my playbook. Its well worth the money.
    spencerdl likes this.

Actually, the pb has a rubber (or similar) rear that wraps around to the very edge of the front. So it is at all slippery. But you might still want to protect it from bumps. There's lots of discussion on protection versus using it naked. Thoughts vary. Same with screen protection or not.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

I still haven't thrown my box out. It's such a pretty box. Everything that came with the Playbook screamed premium device: the charger, the cables, the sleeve and even the screen wipe cloth. You are in for a treat when you finally open it.
    samurai77 and Mickrick like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Welcome! You will probably want some more protection beyond what comes with your PlayBook, but get to know each other and take your time. You are in for a treat!

Be sure to take advantage of all CrackBerry has to offer. The reviews, skills and answers to questions will help you get way more pleasure from your PB. It is a great community with a tradition of helping.
  8. PTZ
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

I purchased a leather wallet type protector for my PlayBook. It has done a good job. Targus was the manufacturer. I carried my PB to estimates and used it for contract reference. So it has been on construction sites and hit the floor a couple times but survived unscathed. That sleeve that came with mine seemed kind of wimpy for the plans I had for my purchase. Still like my PB!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    14,861 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dphjeff View Post
    I purchased the BlackBerry mini keyboard with convertible case with my playbook. Its well worth the money.
    I also have the OEM PlayBook Mini Keyboard+CASE. If RIM had of released this accessory in a timely manner I could have saved a lot of money. I have several cases. My suggestion is to shop around for a case that fits YOUR lifestyle. There are all kinds of cases. Good luck and ENJOY your new PLAYBOOK.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    9,052 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dons459 View Post
    Do i need to get a silicone sleeve for the playbook? I havent seen one yet to know if its slippery on the edges.
    Thank you.
    It comes with a sleeve, and there's a number of different cases depending on preference, when I'm at work I likevthe otterbox case and at home I like it with none the best.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Thanks to everyone.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    29893C1E

I opted for the official Blackberry leather journal case. I paid 29.99 but it's only 9.99 in PC World now.

BLACKBERRY Playbook Leather Journal Case - Black Deals | Pcworld
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by LiamMontana View Post
    I opted for the official Blackberry leather journal case. I paid 29.99 but it's only 9.99 in PC World now.

BLACKBERRY Playbook Leather Journal Case - Black Deals | Pcworld
    Same here - except got it as a Christmas present. It's even got the opening at the back for the camera.