I was going to include that but Predictive/auto/text kind of does that - well, if they'd fix it in Bridge Email. But it's true, a comma can be more easily ignored or left out whereas the ' is necessary when, well, necessary.
    Yeah. The auto-apostrophe doesn't work in most apps I use. Hope developers will address this.

Even if it is fixed, the apostrophe key will still be missed by me as I use the English keyboard to transliterate into two other languages, and apostrophe is also heavily used in those languages.
    04-29-12 09:26 PM
    I hope they allow customization of the keyboard. The hide keyboard button should be an option to replace too, since that seems redundant. Perhaps one button in place of the language and hide buttons for options that show in place of the keyboard to quickly change keyboard layouts and language, and possibly have a user-configured layout option.
    04-29-12 09:44 PM
    I hope they allow customization of the keyboard. The hide keyboard button should be an option to replace too, since that seems redundant. Perhaps one button in place of the language and hide buttons for options that show in place of the keyboard to quickly change keyboard layouts and language, and possibly have a user-configured layout option.
    Removing the HIDE button might not be a bad idea. I can't tell you how many times I'm aiming for either the Number button or the Alpha button and wind up accidently hiding the keyboard.
    04-29-12 11:44 PM
    Two things I would love to see added to the keyboard:

1. Apostrophe key. I think it deserves to be there as it is used as often as the comma key if not more frequently.

2. A key or a combo of keys that will call for the select/copy/paste menu. Sometimes, it takes so much to simply paste something. The menu is very hard to "activate".
    Or RIM could do something like these to make selection easier:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGQTaHGQ04Q&feature=player_embedded#![/YT]

and

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6h2yrBK7MAY#![/YT]
    05-16-12 03:27 PM
    I liked every bodies ideas so far.
    What I would like is if the keyboard was stretched a few more rows so you can have a number pad on the right and on the left you could have CLT, ALT,FUNCTION and your : ; ' " ? !. I would you the language key to switch keyboards. The second keyboard would be the default layout we have now and progress to scientific type keyboards.
    05-16-12 03:59 PM
    Add the "?" to the main keyboard page, and remove the globe icon thats on the left side of the space bar. Doesn't need to be there and wastes space that could be used to extend the space bar.
    Stewartj1 and Cracklen like this.
    05-16-12 04:59 PM
    There does not seem to be much movement to changing/improving the keyboard other than the Number Row they added when a password is needed. The predictive text was another addition but it still does not help with Apostrophe or Questionmark or cursor movement.
    05-16-12 08:21 PM
    One thing, the predictive text could also predict you need the ? and put it there.

What about a really "Smart Keyboard".
    05-16-12 09:07 PM
    APOSTROPHE on main keyboard please! The keyboard that comes up when inputting passwords is the best one. Why there is an asterik key and not an apostrophe on there is beyond me.
    07-05-12 10:47 AM
    As long as this is back - I STILL want a QUESTION MARK. ????????????
    ??????????????????

???????????????????

??????????????????????????????????????????

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????
    07-05-12 12:20 PM
    A tab key would be nice, but arrow keys would be outstanding.

I still don't understand why these basic keys were never put on the keyboard originally.

Also, unnamed sources tell me that the addition of just one key will postpone BB10 until Q4 of 2013.
    07-05-12 12:59 PM
    The apostrophe key on the main keyboard for me...
    07-05-12 01:56 PM
    In this priority please:

1. Apostrophe on main
    2. Question Mark on main
    3. Tab button

Maybe remove the globe (let that be in settings)
    07-05-12 03:48 PM
    I use the globe a fair bit as I often switch from French to English. Yet even I think it could as well be on the secondary keyboard : After all, it's not as if I often switch languages mid-sentence...

But i just thought, the hyphen would also be super useful on the main. I find I'm constantly switching keyboards for that and for apostrophes : it really slows typing down.
    And I also second the arrows : placing the tiny cursor with my fat bassist fingers is a real pain.
    07-05-12 06:45 PM
    I think it would be sweet to have it be a pop-up menu that you could customize with say six or so of the most common keys you want...that way you could put the @?$' and whatever else you wanted...

Oh dear, that came out like a swear word didn't it...
    07-06-12 10:55 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD