View Poll Results: Do you want to be an OS2.0 Beta Tester?

Voters
358. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Sign me up! I'll sign any NDA that you give me!

339 94.69%
  • No. I don't want to use beta software.

19 5.31%
    it wont matter whether you get it in "beta" stage or not. When its officially out its still going to have bugs. All RIMs software does.
    Fixed it for you...
    JR A likes this.
    09-20-11 05:41 PM
    Fixed it for you...
    very true all software does have bugs, some more than others MS and RIM are at the top of my list
    09-20-11 05:43 PM
    And Android's near the top of mine...
    09-20-11 06:09 PM
    Hello everybody!!

I voted.... No way I'll use any beta.

at this point, this moment... this.... huge anxiety for V2.0 :

RIM your loyal Fellow-Berry addicts just want you to drop the B*mb.

Give it to us straight.

Regards,
    09-21-11 09:17 AM
    its amazing how desperate people with the pb than their actions become so pathetic..begging for OS Beta? aren't the pb be on beta forever, as of now?? one update breaks another, and so on???
    no point begging, no one from rim is listening. probably rim still busy trying to make an email client for playbook. hope they can release an email client before 2012.
    09-21-11 10:45 AM
    I really don't think RIM is going to release a beta like that. And, we certainly don't have a beta of it available now. It's not available on Beta Zone. I haven't read of any massive leak of this OS (and if there is a leak of this OS, you would be strongly urged to avoid it because it would be unofficial and could brick your device). There's really no point in getting riled up about it unless they release this on Beta Zone, which I don't think they will, as it would be next to impossible to beta test an OS. I believe they will release this to developers first to enable them to test how it will affect their programs. Maybe a developer will then leak it onto the web, but ,again, you would be strongly cautioned against downloading that. Would I want a 2.0 beta? Probably not, honestly. I love beta testing and experimenting, but beta testing for RIM has been exhausting. I feel like my opinions on BZ are not always taken into consideration. Plus, the whole PB software feels like a beta version sometimes. Just release 2.0 when it's ready and skip the beta phase all together.
    Last edited by laurah2215; 09-21-11 at 10:54 AM.
    09-21-11 10:48 AM
    I don't really understand. It's not as if we have the option right now to join in a beta test for 2.0. It's not available on Beta Zone. I haven't read of any massive leak of this OS (and if there is a leak of this OS, you would be strongly urged to avoid it because it would be unofficial and could brick your device). There's really no point in getting riled up about it unless they release this on Beta Zone, which I don't think they will, as it would be next to impossible to beta test an OS. I believe they will release this to developers first to enable them to test how it will affect their programs. Maybe a developer will then leak it onto the web, but ,again, you would be strongly cautioned against downloading that.
    Yes that was my feeling. It is kind of a pointless poll, but interesting to see the response none the less I suppose. Not a very surprising result. Well actually it is, because who has time or wants to debug RIMs software for them? really 90 percent?
    But then who wouldn't want a preview if they had a chance? Well other than me and the other 7 percent - I like surprises, and would rather wait until the surprise is a good one. The incremental updates have been nothing but pleasant surprises. Fun! Neve know when to expect it and it's always an improvement.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 09-21-11 at 11:01 AM.
    09-21-11 10:54 AM
    I believe if they will release the OS2 to early adopters as open beta, nobody will complain... only suggestions... because beta is just a test period of PlayBook with a goal of finding bugs and improvements before its final release...

In fact, if they say that OS1.X.X up to OS1.X.X.X are betas, nobody has rights to complain...
    09-21-11 01:11 PM
    People actually said no to this? I would love it. i already use beta versions of apps,why not beta for a incomplete OS.
    09-21-11 08:57 PM
    People actually said no to this? I would love it. i already use beta versions of apps,why not beta for a incomplete OS.
    We already have an incomplete OS. A more, less incomplete OS might be interesting. (can anyone make heads or tails out of what I said?)
    sportline likes this.
    09-21-11 11:21 PM
    i would find it a true privilege to help make any blackberry product better. im relatively new to blackberry products. before i always used to laugh at people when they would talk about how much they love their blackberry until i got one. its like they thought of everything. im sure the beta-testers played a large role in making that happen.

i would love to be an official beta tester but think i might find it aggravating to find bugs in software and not be able to give recognized feedback.
    09-22-11 02:53 AM
    It seems that there is some chance that there may be a beta testing opportunuity.

https://www.blackberry.com/beta/threads/view/7158?pg=2

According to that thread, John, the Playbook project manager, said "we'll see what we can do!"

So for the 95% of you who want to beta test, go to the Beta Zone and let John know that you want this to happen. If you don't have a Beta Zone account, open one up.

One of the Mods should post this on the CB front page. Let's make this happen!
    09-27-11 07:38 AM
    Agreed. I mentiond Johns posts earlier in this thread. Not sure if he's talking out of line but he's been a lot more active on the beta forums this last two weeks.

It seems that there is some chance that there may be a beta testing opportunuity.

https://www.blackberry.com/beta/threads/view/7158?pg=2

According to that thread, John, the Playbook project manager, said "we'll see what we can do!"

So for the 95% of you who want to beta test, go to the Beta Zone and let John know that you want this to happen. If you don't have a Beta Zone account, open one up.

One of the Mods should post this on the CB front page. Let's make this happen!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-11 07:40 AM
    Agreed. I mentiond Johns posts earlier in this thread. Not sure if he's talking out of line but he's been a lot more active on the beta forums this last two weeks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes he has . But, let's all post there so he knows how we feel about it.
    09-27-11 07:43 AM
    They just need to give early adopters say, a 100 apps credit !

Seriously, since its a 30/70, they are really only dishing out 70, helps apps developer and makes the early adopter happy.
    09-27-11 09:18 AM
    Would love to try 2.0 beta
    09-27-11 09:31 AM
    from my RIM channels, Playbook OS2 is strictly inhouse RIM beta, we particiapte in half dozen beta for RIM, and still they are pushing back on giving us OS2 for beta

i would rather beta playbook with 3G capabilities which I have seen in action on one of RIM road maps and in working at Waterloo
    09-27-11 12:57 PM
    Its kinda tricky to beta test OS2.0 if they really plan to push it out as a surprise features re-launch of the Playbook.

If they do release the beta out news gonna travel around the internet and when OS2 launched it won't be big news anymore.

Keyword here is "relaunch".
    09-27-11 09:28 PM
    Considering we pretty much beta tested PB 1.0, sure... Why not. Bring on PB 2.0
    09-27-11 09:34 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD