Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Vote for Playbook and BB phones - CNET Asia awards

Hey guys, go ahead and vote for Blackberry Playbook and BB phones for CNET Asia Annual Readers’ Choice Awards 2011/12.
    Deadline is 03 February 2012, so do it soon.

Readers' Choice 2011/2012 - CNET Asia
    Thanked by 3:
    BlueNoserBESguy (02-02-2012),  Kingkracker (02-03-2012),  maddie1128 (02-03-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,881 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cjterminator View Post
    Hey guys, go ahead and vote for Blackberry Playbook and BB phones for CNET Asia Annual Readers’ Choice Awards 2011/12.
    Deadline is 03 February 2012, so do it soon.

Readers' Choice 2011/2012 - CNET Asia
    Thanks for mentioning this!
    VOTE BLACKBERRY!
    I voted BlackBerry for all of the categories that had a BB in it!
    Check out my app: CChecker
    Thanked by:
    BlueNoserBESguy (02-02-2012) 
    maddie1128 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,516 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by r0v3rT3N View Post
    Thanks for mentioning this!
    VOTE BLACKBERRY!
    I voted BlackBerry for all of the categories that had a BB in it!
    hehe me too
    Thanked by:
    CrackBerry Abuser

nice, voted!!! come on, bb!
    Thanked by:
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    326 Global Posts

Voted! Go RIM.
    Thanked by:
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

cnet asia?? how about north america?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

voted all bb
    CrackBerry User

voted BB across the board.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

I voted for all the BlackBerry products I saw as well although I have to admit I was tempted to vote for some Android devices along the way. However, I decided to vote for BlackBerry products instead and that's what I did.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Voted
    And I'm not saying for who
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,355 Global Posts
    PIN
    @getdjmac

done. gf to.
    CrackBerry Master

Done! Hey, those are really cool prizes!!
    9000 > 9800 and now BB Z10 and 32GB PlayBook glued to my person!
    CrackBerry Genius

Voted all BB and RIM.
    Just guessed at the rest of them, tho...
    “The true victory of Nichiren Buddhism is found in transforming misunderstanding into understanding, conflict into trust, and division into unity through the power of the Mystic Law.” ~ Daisaku Ikeda, SGI-USA President
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,225 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cfx_will View Post
    cnet asia?? how about north america?
    cnet NA will always be RIM haters. I voted.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

voted for rim products.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,036 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not gonna happen

I voted 9900 the best qwerty and the curve best entry level smartphone (in curve I think I made a wrong decision) and thats it!

You couldn't expect me to pick 9900 as the best phone... a phone that bricks all of a sudden. Heck no!

I voted Apple for the best customer care and I will no matter which product I own. They have an amazing service, I have couple of toys from them (iPads, iPods, Macs..) and I am very pleased with the support.

Most sexy looking phone had to be the iPhone 4S! It is damn good looking. However, 9900 would have been a solid number behind the iPhone.

The best tablet is iPad 2 for me and it will always be until a groundbreaking new product comes from another band. Which I don't think will happen for a long time from another brand.

I tried to be generous RIM....
    CrackBerry Addict

Done....voted Bold 9900 and Playbook wherever possible.
    CrackBerry Addict

I voted, but damn did I have to choke back a chuckle for the "best services and brand" when voting for RIM. The other categories were easy though

Si.
    CrackBerry User

Thumbs up RIM BlackBerry in Asian Market

Yes, I voted for RIM BlackBerry where cited, but found the CNET Asia survey stupid - you must pick in all categories even if you have no such devices or knowledge of them. The results prove nothing.

On my recent trip to Asia (Hong Kong, Macau, Vietnam, Cambodia) I read an article by Bloomberg in the South China Morning Post (Feb. 1, 2012) entitled "Holiday Buyers flock to snap up Apple's iPhones". This was based on US sales for Christmas but was also evident in Asia by the number of iPhone stores and signs I saw. The article made the point that only Samsung's smartphone using Android could offer a challenge. "It was Apple's Christmas". The article went on to suggest smartphone vendors needed to hold back their products until the Apple sales tsunami is spent - like Hollywood producers hold back their movies to avoid competing against the debut of a blockbuster.

This applies to BlackBerry Playbook and is likely the strategy at work with the delays in releasing updates. RIM is a very successful company and the BlackBerry PlayBook is a an awesome product that will get even better. But it's technological strengths are no match at present for the market hype surounding the leader, iPad . The best technology isn't always the market leader - the public decides on "me-too" gut reactions to their friends' likes. But the world market for tablets has plenty of room to grow and RIM doesn't need to be #1 to get richly rewarded. Better to let Apple have it's day in the sun and perfect their own RIM products for a future release when the iPad is stale news.
    As a Canadian I'm proud that our home-grown RIM is on the world stage. We cannot all be #1 all the time - there are still billions of sales opportunities for #2 and #3, etc.
    Thanked by:
    alnamvet68 (02-03-2012) 
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2AA6XXXX

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Geodoc View Post
    Yes, I voted for RIM BlackBerry where cited, but found the CNET Asia survey stupid - you must pick in all categories even if you have no such devices or knowledge of them. The results prove nothing.

On my recent trip to Asia (Hong Kong, Macau, Vietnam, Cambodia) I read an article by Bloomberg in the South China Morning Post (Feb. 1, 2012) entitled "Holiday Buyers flock to snap up Apple's iPhones". This was based on US sales for Christmas but was also evident in Asia by the number of iPhone stores and signs I saw. The article made the point that only Samsung's smartphone using Android could offer a challenge. "It was Apple's Christmas". The article went on to suggest smartphone vendors needed to hold back their products until the Apple sales tsunami is spent - like Hollywood producers hold back their movies to avoid competing against the debut of a blockbuster.

This applies to BlackBerry Playbook and is likely the strategy at work with the delays in releasing updates. RIM is a very successful company and the BlackBerry PlayBook is a an awesome product that will get even better. But it's technological strengths are no match at present for the market hype surounding the leader, iPad . The best technology isn't always the market leader - the public decides on "me-too" gut reactions to their friends' likes. But the world market for tablets has plenty of room to grow and RIM doesn't need to be #1 to get richly rewarded. Better to let Apple have it's day in the sun and perfect their own RIM products for a future release when the iPad is stale news.
    As a Canadian I'm proud that our home-grown RIM is on the world stage. We cannot all be #1 all the time - there are still billions of sales opportunities for #2 and #3, etc.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    If You Can Read This, Thank a Teacher...if it's in English, Thank a Soldier

Support: www.woundedwarriorproject.org

We etch these names in granite to stand against time so we and our children can learn and remember.

Global Posts
    33,325 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!

I voted straight BlackBerry. I'm a Yellow Dog Rimocrat!
    CrackBerry Addict

Honestly no one's going to be knowledgeable enough on all products listed to be able to provide accurate answers or opinions.

I find it funny that Playbook is even listed here while it doesn't even support east asian language inputs.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2AA6XXXX

Quote Originally Posted by conix67 View Post
    Honestly no one's going to be knowledgeable enough on all products listed to be able to provide accurate answers or opinions.

I find it funny that Playbook is even listed here while it doesn't even support east asian language inputs.
    Nothing funny about it...most Asians, much like most Europeans, speak English as a second language, unlike we Americans who have dropped the ball on foreign language competence.

We etch these names in granite to stand against time so we and our children can learn and remember.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by alnamvet68 View Post
    Nothing funny about it...most Asians, much like most Europeans, speak English as a second language, unlike we Americans who have dropped the ball on foreign language competence.
    I doubt you know anything about anything in east Asian countries. Some of them are pretty good in English but most are not. It is essential for any product to support localization and language support for them to be successful in these markets.

I just looked up some info on PB sales in ASIA. They are not selling them in China, Korea or Japan. There are some articles suggesting plans for sales in some middle eastern countries and Hong Kong.

http://www.zdnetasia.com/rim-can-loo...y-62303722.htm
    Last edited by conix67; 02-03-2012 at 08:48 AM.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2AA6XXXX

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by conix67 View Post
    I doubt you know anything about anything in east Asian countries. Some of them are pretty good in English but most are not. It is essential for any product to support localization and language support for them to be successful in these markets.
    I will ignore that ignorant assumption you have made, and just deem it a troll post; you have no idea where I've travelled to and how often I continue to do so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast