I have a bluetooth headset and I wanted to do VOIP on the PB. Any success with others doing this and how?
    01-25-12 05:54 PM
    ComwaVe works decent for me. I took the 3 day test. Cool thing is unlimited incoming calls for free. Unfortunately for me my area is not supported so I had to choose the closest city for the phone number I choose.

It definitely sounds better with a headset and mic plugged in.

I want to pay the 20 bucks for the year, just to have it for when I really need to make a call. They limit you to 250 outgoing minutes a month, but unlimited incoming. You can also pretty much call anywhere in the world. Problem for me is they won't allow a POST box address, or take my physical address. Oh well, i'll have to email them.

Not great, but pretty cool on a fat wifi connection. It's in appworld. Give it a try with your gear.
    Last edited by aloon69; 01-25-12 at 06:14 PM.
    01-25-12 06:11 PM
    I concur,Comwave is excellent! Tested it outside the country to call home many times without an issue. Plus you can use it on any other computer not just the PlayBook
    01-25-12 06:36 PM
    Skype doesn't work I am guessing? How about Fring?
    01-25-12 06:42 PM
    Comwave has video chat also. Then there's blackberry pb to pb video chat and also there's the possibility of using a website like this:

Https://Imo.im

Skype beta from android installs and opens fine for me, but I haven't tried making a call yet.
    01-25-12 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD