- CrackBerry Newbie
- 1 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Virtual keyboard question???
I have two questions about the keyboard.
First, when I type in password, I have both numbers and letters on the same screen, but when I type everything else, letters only.
I type a lot and use both numbers and letters very often, so it kills me shifting the keyboard from numbers to letters all the time.
Is there a way to make the keyboard look the same as when I type in password (letters+numbers) all the time?
Second, is there a way to switch alphabet? I need to type in russian sometimes, but the language button only changes the the names of shift and space buttons.
Thanks for any help.
- 11-20-12, 04:12 AM #2
Re: Virtual keyboard question???
I can answer the first question. It is up to the developer to identify which keyboard to use in which field, like when entering an email address (the @ displays), website (.com), numeric entry, allow text prediction, or passwords. There isn't a way for the user to choose which keyboard is displayed.
- 11-20-12, 09:42 AM #3
I don't know what special characters you need for Russian but if you press and HOLD certain keys, especially the Vowels (but also some consonants), alternate symbols appear like ACCENTS over the vowels or the tilda over the N character. Also, in the overall Settings (gear upper right), you can change the Language.
- By thewalmartguy in forum BlackBerry Torch 9860/9850Replies: 8Last Post: 08-30-11, 04:33 PM
- By brava27 in forum BlackBerry Torch 9810Replies: 2Last Post: 08-19-11, 06:14 PM
- By davisj2 in forum BlackBerry Storm2Replies: 4Last Post: 03-19-10, 09:52 AM
- By DrewDT in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 8Last Post: 02-18-10, 09:04 AM
- By drlawgr in forum BlackBerry 8800, 8820Replies: 2Last Post: 08-01-07, 08:50 AM