CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question Virtual keyboard question???

Hello.

I have two questions about the keyboard.

First, when I type in password, I have both numbers and letters on the same screen, but when I type everything else, letters only.
    I type a lot and use both numbers and letters very often, so it kills me shifting the keyboard from numbers to letters all the time.
    Is there a way to make the keyboard look the same as when I type in password (letters+numbers) all the time?

Second, is there a way to switch alphabet? I need to type in russian sometimes, but the language button only changes the the names of shift and space buttons.

Thanks for any help.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,722 Global Posts
    PIN
    BBM & Kik (ask)

Default Re: Virtual keyboard question???

I can answer the first question. It is up to the developer to identify which keyboard to use in which field, like when entering an email address (the @ displays), website (.com), numeric entry, allow text prediction, or passwords. There isn't a way for the user to choose which keyboard is displayed.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory game for PlayBook & BB10, now "Built for BlackBerry".

I don't know what special characters you need for Russian but if you press and HOLD certain keys, especially the Vowels (but also some consonants), alternate symbols appear like ACCENTS over the vowels or the tilda over the N character. Also, in the overall Settings (gear upper right), you can change the Language.