yes, yes the 8530 is waaay long in the tooth but for $99 and $35 a month it cant be beat. data is that models weakness but that can now be outsourced to my new playbook.

i had the 9330 but with an orginal galaxy tab...ugh! even with another android phone that galaxy tab was nightmare to sync or share files.

now im home! back where i belong with RIM!

i am a huge messenger/BBM/texter so really data on handset is overkill. was going to go feature phone but since the 8530 is bridgeable i feel in the long term thats the better option.

am going to try cricket crosswave hotspot as well. anybody have any experience with that?
    03-29-12 02:21 AM
    No what is cricket crosswave hotspot?
    03-29-12 10:32 AM
    its prepaid, no contract, 3g broadband device. its either 5 or 8 devices that can use it.

ima go the premium plan: $65 a month for 7.5gb--i got a serious youtube addiction....

according to their website they dont cut u off when u reach the limit, just throttle u. we will see...
    03-29-12 10:43 AM
    I have the 8530 with Virgin Mobile and the $35 data plan and have been happy with it.
    03-29-12 10:45 AM
    The 8530 at $35 a month combined with the playbook is unbeatable vs android phone and android tab
    03-29-12 01:00 PM
    I got one too and it's been a very good BB. If they ever get a new one though I am upgrading.
    03-29-12 02:37 PM
    I dropped VM and the 8530 because it was just was too damn slow when trying to use Bridge. Plus I wasn't too thrilled with them introducing throttling either. Had they offered a newer device, I might have stayed with them instead of jumping to Simple Mobile and buying an OS7 phone to use on their network. It's a night and day difference in terms of speed since the Curve 9360 is not an entry-level model like the 8530. I actually paid less for my new Curve than I did my first Curve. I'm paying $15 more a month than I did with VM, but I've got unlimited everything as opposed to 300 minutes and unlimited everything else (plus no throttling).
    Spellreflekt likes this.
    03-29-12 03:13 PM
    plz elaborate when u say slow. this will be my first experience with bridging so is it the pb thats slow?

i called customer service and they say they dont support tethering but the bridge and tethering are 2 diff things from my understanding.

plz elaborate on ur experience with 8530 and bridging thank u
    03-31-12 04:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD