Hi all

I have been trying to view and save GIF files on my PB but it seems like the images are not moving when i view them in my native picture browser, can someone help me out?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    01-09-13 09:04 PM
    Access the gif file from files and folder then copy it to the clip board, then open your native browser and paste it on the url box
    01-09-13 09:47 PM
    thanks to the previous comment, but any easier way? like an app or smth?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    01-09-13 10:32 PM
    that's all I know. lol I got the files and folders app from app world, you can use ghost commander app too, Some people might know other ways.
    01-09-13 10:40 PM
    I tried opening this gif on my PB through F&F and Ghost but it didn't work right.
    Attached Thumbnails Viewing and Saving Gif files-images-3d-sans-lunettes-stereoscopie-21.jpg  
    01-09-13 11:21 PM
    You can access it kind of directly from the Browser. If you know where the file is located.

In the Browser address bar (works for Simple browser, too) type

file:///

You will see a folder list. Navigate in turn to accounts, then 1000, then shared and you will see the normal pb folders like books, misc, documents, etc. Located the folder with the gif file and click on it.

You can be more direct in that navigation by placing the path after file:///accounts/1000/shared/etc/etc...../tyrano.gif (the thumbnail says jpg and it wrong)
    01-09-13 11:52 PM
    That worked. Copying the address with F&F only put in two forward slashes after file:. Adding an extra forward slash fixed it.
    01-10-13 01:25 AM
    The Browser will directly open jpg's, png's and now gif's and it will open txt and html files. I don't recall doc but it will probably spawn the docs-to-go and for pdf's it opens adobe reader.
    01-10-13 08:55 AM
    You can access it kind of directly from the Browser. If you know where the file is located.

In the Browser address bar (works for Simple browser, too) type

file:///

You will see a folder list. Navigate in turn to accounts, then 1000, then shared and you will see the normal pb folders like books, misc, documents, etc. Located the folder with the gif file and click on it.

You can be more direct in that navigation by placing the path after file:///accounts/1000/shared/etc/etc...../tyrano.gif (the thumbnail says jpg and it wrong)
    Just put the short cut on your home screen somewhere and it works well for a number of file formats. This "trick" also works well for viewing any .txt files that you have on your PB.
    01-10-13 11:01 AM