Hope the link works!

From the Daily Telegraph 8th January

CES 2011: Blackberry and Motorola stole the show - Telegraph

"CES 2011: Blackberry and Motorola stole the show"

"Huddled around Ryan Bidan, an ever-growing gaggle of journalists was staring at the new BlackBerry Playbook. Previously displayed like an artwork in a glass case, the product has been hailed as the device that will make tablets � now universally acknowledged as a major computing platform � acceptable to security-conscious businesses, as well as to the firm�s growing army of teenage users, addicted to the company�s �BBM� instant message service..."

I bought my wife a 9780 for Christmas (she loves it). She pointed out this article to me (in the print copy of the paper) and said: "Will we be getting one of those Playbooks?":-)

All the best

David
    01-13-11 04:14 AM
    Great article. I have a netbook, 4 pda's. Don't need another :P

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-11 04:57 AM
    its a good article but

It is also, crucially, built on the same resilient software that has made BlackBerry so attractive to businesses.
    is wrong and fails to do QNX any justice
    01-13-11 05:07 AM
    Not to mention it has no native in-built integration with BES or BIS.

The tablet is sort of an afterthought. It's basically a nice accessory at this point.
    01-13-11 05:54 AM

The tablet is sort of an afterthought. It's basically a nice accessory at this point.
    i would love to see ACTUAL proof of this please.

to be clear im not saying your wrong, but im saying RIM havent said it wont be there
    01-13-11 06:21 AM

An afterthought? The fact I don't have to shell out an extra �15/mth on my tablet makes it a very VALID thought to me. Hardly an afterthought. Everyone's needs are different, and the friends I've recommended it to (alas, all BB users), are flocking to it.

Don't expect it to fail in the UK when you don't know the UK market mate. We're not like the US market, we actually still buy BlackBerry in droves.
    01-13-11 06:25 AM
    So true Blackberry usage is growing in the Uk with people like me who never had one looking at. Most young teenagers and twentysomething women seeming to prefer to Iphones even when they have the money to go for them.

From what I see the way the UK phone market is set up to reward contract users who spend more on their Bills per month then surely young Women are going to be one of

Much of the marketing will be lost on many but placement in many us series like gossip girl and the hills etc. Plus many women i know simply dont like Android or Iphone for various reasons it appears.

The Wife also clamored for a Ipod touch but found it very restrictive when she tried to email or message. While doing other things etc. Plus the lack of Flash which she came across without knowing what it is on plenty of websites everyday was meaning she was not interested in Ipad when i explained that Ipads dont use!
    When I mentioned BBM was not available it was game over.
    Possibly Apples biggest problem longterm is apart from apps like whatapps which can be used on various devices so no need to stay loyal to Apple. Apple has little like BBM to lock you in to their brand from what I see.

Also the Playbook was the "right size" for the Wife and she decided she was buying the minute she heard about was not the case with the IPAD which was too big!
    Which was re enforced after a trip up london during commuting time showed loads of blokes carrying this large brick like devices.

If she can use BBM on a bigger screen then thats all she needs and it can browse all websites as she views them on her laptop!
    01-13-11 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD