It seems like youtube keeps on freezing or just won't load the video no matter how long I wait. It also freezes like this on the youtube app. I've turned on and off my flash and JavaScript, didn't work. I've done a hard reset, didn't work. I've cleared cache, didn't work. It just freezes.

OS 2.1
    08-01-12 03:34 AM
    I am having this problem too. I could stream just fine from tv websites, but not through the Youtube app or the Youtube website. I've always used the Kony 2012 Youtube video in 1080p playback as a guide to how the Playbook is streaming on Youtube...but yesterday and today it has been performing like crap. Perhaps, Youtube is overwhelmed do to the Olympics?
    Last edited by nextcity; 08-01-12 at 02:45 PM.
    08-01-12 02:42 PM
    Other people have had this problem but I cant remember what fixed it. I'll use the crackberry search up in the corner and get back 2 you.
    08-01-12 02:51 PM
    It seems like youtube keeps on freezing or just won't load the video no matter how long I wait. It also freezes like this on the youtube app. I've turned on and off my flash and JavaScript, didn't work. I've done a hard reset, didn't work. I've cleared cache, didn't work. It just freezes.

OS 2.1
    ... Followup ...

Did a backup and de-brick, re-loaded the 2.0.1 beta, problem is gone and the PB is running snappy again. Not bad for running daily from April of 2011. Here is the screenshot with the frozen Youtube app and the mysterious pause button to the right of the Bridge icon:

Try this. Search for the debrick instructions(Its a bit of a process did it accidentally once). Mabey F2 could help here.

Also anyone know how to post a link to another thread. This is back on page 4.
    hiiiiiiiiiii likes this.
    08-01-12 02:57 PM
    Security reset however that is done
    08-01-12 03:35 PM
    Maybe using YouTube Feather would help

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    08-01-12 09:40 PM
    I figured out what it was, it was the ads on the video. Some videos don't have ads so those videos play.

Now how do you enable the ads lol
    08-07-12 02:14 AM
    Advertisements do play on the PlayBook.. I've seen many.. Ofcourse, certain videos are restricted (like several official VEMO videos with advertisements)..

Are you guys talking about accessing YouTube while Bridged or WiFi?

Try using the Desktop version of YouTube. Personally, I use side-loaded TubeMate and everything works fine, Bridge and WiFi.
    08-08-12 01:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD