Hello all,

I have tried to find an answer to this to no avail. when I put new videos on my playbook it starts removing the original ones. Why? I have already put a few on which work perfectly, but when I try to add to them, the BD starts removing them. What am I doing wrong please?

I have had the PB for a couple of weeks now, and apart from not being able to permanently copy my calendar and contacts from my 9800 to the PB, I have no complaints. I am becoming a little frustrated though, as I like to watch things when I'm on a train etc.

Thanks in advance.
    02-18-13 03:10 AM
    Hi,

I'm not sure what is going on here, how are you trying to put the videos onto your playbook? Are you using the DesktopManager on your computer, or copying them 'manually'?
    How much space do you have available on your Playbook?
    You've come to the right place to get your answer anyway, someone round here should be able to help!
    Cheers,

Chris.
    Niki Godwin likes this.
    02-18-13 04:49 AM
    Well that makes no sense. How much space do you have? Even then, if your memory was depleted it should reject the new video, not replace the old ones. Are you sure you're saving the videos under different names?
    Niki Godwin likes this.
    02-18-13 04:55 AM
    Are you syncing a folder from your computer to the PlayBook? I've had images disappear from the playbook if you delete them from the computer because its syncing up the delete.
    FF22 and Niki Godwin like this.
    02-18-13 05:07 AM
    As far as your contacts and calender are concerned, you cannot copy them to your PB. You have to sync them from an email account. Hotmail and Gmail work just fine.

Cant think of any other solution to your video issue other than those mentioned above.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Niki Godwin likes this.
    02-18-13 05:15 AM
    Well that makes no sense. How much space do you have? Even then, if your memory was depleted it should reject the new video, not replace the old ones. Are you sure you're saving the videos under different names?
    I have over 30gb space left, and they are definitelydifferent file names. Thank you for your response. Sorry about the time delay, I'm in the UK!
    02-18-13 01:41 PM
    Hi,

I'm not sure what is going on here, how are you trying to put the videos onto your playbook? Are you using the DesktopManager on your computer, or copying them 'manually'?
    How much space do you have available on your Playbook?
    You've come to the right place to get your answer anyway, someone round here should be able to help!
    Cheers,

Chris.
    Thanks for your reply Chris. I am using the DM to copy and convert different formats.
    Its a 64GB PB, and I have about 30GB left.
    I just wish I knew what I am doing differently to the first time I added them.

I certainly wish I'd come on here sooner. Having said that, playing around with it has made me much more comfortable with it very quickly.
    02-18-13 01:46 PM
    Are you syncing a folder from your computer to the PlayBook? I've had images disappear from the playbook if you delete them from the computer because its syncing up the delete.
    Thanks for your reply - yes I'm synching them. So do I need to copy and paste/drag and drop? Once I've done that, do I then allow it to synch?
    02-18-13 01:49 PM
    As far as your contacts and calender are concerned, you cannot copy them to your PB. You have to sync them from an email account. Hotmail and Gmail work just fine.

Cant think of any other solution to your video issue other than those mentioned above.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Thank you for your reply - Its good to know I can stop trying to finds ways of copying them directly to the PB.
    You have raised an interesting question - how can I copy my phone contacts (9800) to my Gmail account?
    Also, does it automatically synch with DM, or do I have to do something different? DM doesn't have the organiser tab for some reason.
    02-18-13 02:00 PM
    I am one of those that has never fully trusted SYNCing. It tends to do things to files/folders that I do NOT want done. I much prefer manually copying items or moving between devices and keeping track myself.
    Niki Godwin likes this.
    02-18-13 02:11 PM
    Maybe you should try copying directly from your computer, without using desktop manager. If you are not sure how, there are plenty of posts about how to copy via USB or WiFi. Good luck and let us know how you get on.
    Niki Godwin likes this.
    02-18-13 02:36 PM
    I am one of those that has never fully trusted SYNCing. It tends to do things to files/folders that I do NOT want done. I much prefer manually copying items or moving between devices and keeping track myself.
    Thanks - yes, I think that may have been my mistake. Next time, I shall simply drag and drop, convert then BACK-UP!!! lol Thanks for your help.
    02-18-13 03:24 PM
    Maybe you should try copying directly from your computer, without using desktop manager. If you are not sure how, there are plenty of posts about how to copy via USB or WiFi. Good luck and let us know how you get on.
    Thanks Chris, I will be trying that, s direct transfer sounds like the best option, then backup rather than synch.
    02-18-13 03:38 PM
    hi i was having the same issue until now.
    When syncing, select ALL videos you want to end up with on the playbook, even the ones that are already on the device. From those selections the software adds only the ones not already on the device. Selected videos already on the device are skipped during syncing. If you don't select a video to be synced that already exists on the device it will be deleted.

try it and let me know how close i am.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-29-13 01:52 PM