Can anyone tell me how much television shows cost in the video store? I don't want to put in my credit card information if I'm not gonna use it. But I would like to see some of those stream through this thing.
    02-28-12 10:41 PM
    Can anyone tell me how much television shows cost in the video store? I don't want to put in my credit card information if I'm not gonna use it. But I would like to see some of those stream through this thing.
    You can see prices without signing up. I just did. For example a Big Bang Theory episode is $1.99.
    bradu1 likes this.
    02-28-12 10:48 PM
    Ouch! Thanks! Everything I clicked on just showed wishlist. Here's hoping Netflix gets off their behind.
    02-28-12 10:53 PM
    huh?? $1.99 = OUCH ?? really!!??
    02-28-12 11:09 PM
    For a single television episode? Yes. Especially when most tv networks stream them for free. Or when you get unlimited from Netflix. Or whatever service I will buy into once they start building apps for playbook.
    02-28-12 11:14 PM
    Well, Netflix is a different animal. Purchasing an episode through the video store allows you to download it and watch it offline. Amazon and iTunes would be more comparable. I've purchased a few shows on both and it seems to me that $1.99/ep for standard def is pretty much the norm.

Of course those other services let you also download to or play from other devices (like computers or compatible tv/bluray players) and it's unclear whether Blackberry does, so there may be a value difference there.

Btw, when you click on the show, the listing just gives you an option to wish list the season. Click on one of the seasons and it will show the individual episodes with prices to purchase (or you can wish list a particular episode).
    Last edited by Swirlz; 02-29-12 at 12:52 AM.
    02-29-12 12:31 AM
    Yeah, I don't see the value in 1.99 an episode... Well perhaps in the itunes universe, since those fruity tabs and pods and phones can't stream flash content. But I can, so I'll just spend that on a coffee to drink while I stream some free Walking Dead.
    02-29-12 12:49 AM
    When I checked iTunes out for an episode of a TV programme, the cost was $2.99. That was before I discovered I could stream from the networks.
    02-29-12 05:58 AM
    I don't know about Canada, but the only time I've seen $2.99 in the U.S. version was either for HD or were premium channel shows like True Blood.

But I agree, I prefer free streaming if I can get it.
    02-29-12 01:59 PM
    The problem is not all shows can be found free on the network nor on Netflix. Some sites only allow them for a short amount of time or in some cases time must pass before they put them on the site. At 1.99 a show you are buying that show I believe which is comparable with say 24 shows in a season making it just under 48 bucks a season. Quite in line with season pass costs or full season purchases ect.
    02-29-12 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD