How do you rename videos on your Playbook that you have taken yourself?
    I'd like to have a better title than the numbers that automatically are generated.

Thx
    02-25-12 10:33 AM
    I'd like to have a better title than the numbers that automatically are generated.

Thx
    I don't know how to do this natively on your PlayBook, but on a Windows computer go to your PlayBook file system and right-click on the file, select "properties", and change the title (not the file name).
    muzeek and millwright40 like this.
    02-25-12 10:56 AM
    You can use Air Browser (free download from BlackBerry AppWorld) or one of the other file managers.
    muzeek and DC506 like this.
    02-25-12 11:00 AM
    Hmm, I tried using Air Browser to rename a movie file I've taken. The funny thing is I renamed it just fine using the tool yet when I go to my videos on the playbook, it still shows the default create title. I go back into the browser and check the file again - it shows the new name I called it. Am I missing something?
    02-27-12 03:00 PM
    You might want to try restarting the pb

First try: First, press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    02-27-12 04:30 PM
    You might want to try restarting the pb

First try: First, press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    Why not making a soft reset first?
    1.Tap battery icon
    2.Tap Restart
    3.Wait some time
    4.Job's done
    02-27-12 05:36 PM
    Why not making a soft reset first?
    1.Tap battery icon
    2.Tap Restart
    3.Wait some time
    4.Job's done
    Might just work. I think sometimes that just that on/off does not change its state but why not try.
    02-27-12 06:41 PM
    Hmm, I tried using Air Browser to rename a movie file I've taken. The funny thing is I renamed it just fine using the tool yet when I go to my videos on the playbook, it still shows the default create title. I go back into the browser and check the file again - it shows the new name I called it. Am I missing something?
    I don't know how to do this natively on your PlayBook, but on a Windows computer go to your PlayBook file system and right-click on the file, select "properties", and change the title (not the file name).
    Yes, read the captain's reply again.
    02-27-12 06:55 PM
    What version of Windows? I don't see an option to change the title. I am googling now but ...
    02-27-12 11:54 PM
    For .m4v files, I can change the title in Win7 but not in Vista Business. However, there may be a way using a video player. For example, in Real Player the title can be changed using menu File->Clip Info.
    02-28-12 01:16 AM

Thx
    The only way i found to rename video files that will show in your playbook video folder is to use windows file explorer! You will have to connect your playbook to your computer open windows file explorer, click on your playbook directory, go to camera file folder & open the folder & locate the file you wish to rename and open with properties. Click on the general tab change the file name, then click on the details tab change the title to the same name as the general tab and click ok your done!

Your playbook will now display the new video name.

Thanks to Jean-luc_Picard for the original idea!
    Last edited by millwright40; 12-26-12 at 05:22 PM.
    12-26-12 04:11 PM
    The PB's Videos app shows the videos tag, not its name, unless there is no associated tag, then it will show the name. So you can do as the captain says, or a little bit easier is to simply delete the tag (instead of changing the title in widows explorer under properties/details- just delete the title there).
    12-26-12 07:02 PM
    This thread's resurrection has almost driven me to distraction.

I've had a few generically named video files and they've irritated me, well, for almost 2 years. So this thread started me on a mission. Windows Vista does not appear to allow access to the internal video tags. But I found mp3tag and it can access mp4 files (but not avi or 3gp or mov). But then we all know the stupid video app just finds the files but does not tell you where they are - nor does it show the file's extension. I had to search around the 64gig pb for the last hour or so finding them, figuring out what they were, loading them into mp3tag and SLOWLY re-writing the files with the tags. The last two really required sleuthing since while they were filmed on the 32gig last year, they'd been moved. Finally found them in my Colorado Album folder.

So, now, other than the avi files associated with my canon digital camera which are still generically named, the pb videos now have meaningful tags and appear that way in the video app.

Now, if Rim does not provide better folder organization in bb10, well, I will hold my breath and turn BLUE!!!!
    BuzzStarField likes this.
    12-26-12 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD