I took a few videos of a band at our town Picnic this week with my PlayBook. I was very pleased with the quality, I took them on the 720 setting, because that is all you can upload to the net so why would I want to record higher when that was my plan all along. Anyway...give it a look/listen

I expected the video quality to be as good as it was, what I was most impressed about was the audio quality. I was about 20 feet from the stage and just had my PB sitting on the picnic table propped up.
    bpdude and wms3 like this.
    06-18-11 03:22 PM
    Wow! Great picture and sound. Impressive.
    06-18-11 03:48 PM
    yeah...the video is awesome (in well lit areas).

I took a video outside when it was hailing..you can see the hail bounce off the driveway and you can clearly hear the hail hit the ground like it was recording every single drop.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-11 05:01 PM
    This is one of the reasons i purchased the PB. Video quality is excellent.
    06-18-11 05:12 PM
    impressive indeed
    06-18-11 05:14 PM
    It not only captures well, the playback is awesome too. I'm sitting at the community pool using a Mifi and even with all the screaming kids, I could hear that video perfectly. And the picture was crystal clear...

Another bonus is that since I'm using my PB for my camera, I can surf the news while I wait for my kids to perform their parts that I want to record. My son just graduated from 8th grade and the ceremony would have been torture without a distraction. When my wife would give me the evil eye, I'd just flick over to the camera
    06-18-11 05:35 PM
    Great video, thanks for sharing.
    06-18-11 06:19 PM
    You made the front page!
    06-19-11 06:55 PM
    the HD recording and playback is definately impressive. i have 2 children and enjoy recording them in public and not feel awkward holding the tablet to record. than i upload the videos to youtube and text the fam so they can see the kids...
    06-19-11 10:00 PM
    I've been using the PlayBook instead of my Sony HandyCam due to the quality. I love 1080p.

Here's one a piece I put together using the footage. I filmed the actors in front of a green screen. It's for a play I'm directing this summer.

06-19-11 10:14 PM
    Yes, VERY Impressive .....not bad...not bad at all. Makes me proud to be a PlayBook owner
    06-19-11 10:14 PM
    You made the front page!
    Yes I did...thank you. And Bla1ze thanks for posting that to the main page, I have a bunch more that I took from that night. The guitarist is actually my brother, I took more as the night went on and yes as it gets dark the video quality does drop off even with their stage lights, if anyone wants to see one of those just let me know and I am happy to post.

ALSO for those who care about specs: I recorded about 20 or so videos over a span of 3.5 hours with about a 15 minute break for their two set breaks. It KILLED the battery, I went form 100%-45% in those three hours, but I would expect that. As far as size of the files go, being in .mp4 they are fairly small for the quality. I recorded each song and they were between 300-550MB per song based on the duration of course. My little 16GB playbook had 4gb empty and never once lagged, I even took a few pics and bridged it to my 9800 and uploaded them to Facebook WHILE still recording videos.
    06-20-11 05:55 PM
    Sucks a*s in low light but amazing in places with good lighting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-11 06:47 PM
    Would've been nice to have a Flash on the PB. But I agree with a place with good lighting this thing is amazing.
    06-20-11 08:14 PM
    Yes a flash would be nice...maybe, but lets think about other HD video cameras...how many have a light on them? And for taking pictures...um...it is...ok at best...flash MIGHT help but I could care less. That is what my phone is for...easier to hold for a picture anyway.
    06-20-11 10:51 PM

took this on my way to work in 720 p !

cheers
    heavy
    06-20-11 11:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD