is there a way to play videos on the playbook in slower speeds?
    or scroll through frames?

i use it for teaching golf and the video quality is amazing, making it perfect for recording students swings and giving them instant feedback.
    06-03-11 09:25 PM
    wow, i was using it for golf swings last week and wished I had frame by frame too.
    06-03-11 09:30 PM
    wow, i was using it for golf swings last week and wished I had frame by frame too.
    it is so handy to record swings, even my own. When i get home i have to transfer the files to computer and then study them from there. just wish they had slower frames available.
    06-04-11 07:14 AM
    Suggest it to RIM. I'm sure they would implement something like this, eventually anyways. It's definitely worth a shot because I think that would be really cool. I wouldn't use it for anything, but it is definitely a good suggestion. Maybe you could also post this in the Apps/Games section and see if anyone is willing to create such an app.
    06-04-11 07:21 AM
    Well, there is MovieSRTPlayer app where the developer created a separate video playback application to show subtitles. Maybe he would work on something like a slow-down player. He's now joined a thread on his app in the App subforum.
    06-04-11 09:51 AM
    Good idea. Please post those suggestions to the apps support email. Srt support (with delay) + zoom is implemented. I think I can manage slower or faster playing. Cool stuff for the next update. I will look into it.

BlackBerry App World - MovieSrtPlayer for BlackBerry PlayBook

Update:

Did some quick thinking and I can manage that. 'slower or faster playing' will be available in the next update!

Steve
    Last edited by StevePlaybook; 06-05-11 at 07:37 AM.
    06-05-11 07:28 AM
    Hey, Steve, you could become quite popular around these parts!
    06-05-11 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD