...great quality, very poor implementation.

Whilst I love watching HD movies on my Playbook, it is a very frustrating experience. I'll list my grievances:

* No bookmarking feature.
    * No fast forward.
    * When dragging the slider, it disappears after a second or two.
    * If you do find your approximate spot, playback rarely starts, the picture just stays static and nothing happens.
    * If you switch tasks, sometimes the video won't resume playback properly. This is quite rare.

(The latter happens more frequently with movies/TV shows that are HD quality. It might also be file size dependant).

Anyway, it all adds up to: if I don't have time to watch the entire episode at once, it isn't worth the time bothering to watch it.

I can't be the only one, and there aren't any alternatives as far as I can tell.

Does OS 2.0 improve things?

Thanks for any replies
    02-09-12 12:15 PM
    ...great quality, very poor implementation.

Whilst I love watching HD movies on my Playbook, it is a very frustrating experience. I'll list my grievances:

* No bookmarking feature.
    * No fast forward.
    * When dragging the slider, it disappears after a second or two.
    * If you do find your approximate spot, playback rarely starts, the picture just stays static and nothing happens.
    * If you switch tasks, sometimes the video won't resume playback properly. This is quite rare.

(The latter happens more frequently with movies/TV shows that are HD quality. It might also be file size dependant).

Anyway, it all adds up to: if I don't have time to watch the entire episode at once, it isn't worth the time bothering to watch it.

I can't be the only one, and there aren't any alternatives as far as I can tell.

Does OS 2.0 improve things?

Thanks for any replies
    I have to say that I have noticed the same issues sadly I also noticed that playback of certain HI-def files will cause the video and audio to go out-of-sync (confirmed against an HTPC to happen only on the PlayBook). I am hoping for some improvements to this as well in OS 2.0.

Once can only hope!
    02-09-12 12:28 PM
    Well; maybe some famous android apps will enlarge your perspectives in that matter ... who knows ;-)
    Latest announcements were also stating that "almost every features have been enhanced" on the 2.0 release. With the video store coming, I'm pretty confident multimedia capabilities will, in particular.
    02-09-12 12:31 PM
    No, it's still largely rubbish Bugger. Hopefully the developer of Act 1 on Android will port his app to the Playbook - awesome video player and one thing I really miss.
    02-22-12 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD