Yahoo has jumped on the Video Chat bandwagon. I haven't tried it but it sounds from this article like it's cross platform and no login required. And, it's Flash based (boo hoo iPad 2) so should work on the PB.

AOL offers video chat with no log-in, download | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News | Technology
    05-13-11 04:30 PM
    i can go to the URL, but it won't let me click to begin.
    05-13-11 04:43 PM
    i guess you meant AOL??
    05-13-11 04:50 PM
    i can go to the URL, but it won't let me click to begin.
    same here
    05-13-11 04:51 PM
    Works on my desktop but when I click on the link (that I sent myself) on the PlayBook, I just get a screen with the spinning wheel where it says it's checking my camera and microphone. Maybe Flash 10.3 will help when it drops.
    05-13-11 07:24 PM
    I wasn't able to try this at work because they block video. Just got home and tried it and had the same result as everyone else. Tried it on my desktop machine and got a popup saying that Flash 10.3 IS required. Looks like once we get the 10.3 upgrade that this might be an acceptable cross-platform solution. I've tried Reel Portal but found it kind of crude looking with poor quality video and you have to use headsets due to terrible feedback in the audio.
    05-13-11 08:06 PM
    IT DOESN'T WORK. You need a Beta flash 10.3 to try it.
    It's basically a big beta program.
    PC only.

Ops people beat me to it. Tried this a few days ago.
    05-13-11 08:09 PM
    I've tried Reel Portal but found it kind of crude looking with poor quality video and you have to use headsets due to terrible feedback in the audio.
    There is a setting in Reel Portal to change the video quality. And I had no problem with the feedback in the audio at all.
    05-13-11 09:42 PM
    There is a setting in Reel Portal to change the video quality. And I had no problem with the feedback in the audio at all.
    how did you get the playbook mic and camera to turn on ?

if you use a headset audio feedback becomes a non issue
    05-14-11 07:50 AM
    When you are logged in, in the bottom left corner are the two icons labeled 9 and 10 if i am not mistaken and that will turn on the mic and camera.
    05-14-11 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD