CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Video Chat screen share

In a thread called BB10 Quick Idea there was speculation there may be screen sharing available in BB10. Currently we can keep the call going while we look at other things on our own Playbook but the other caller only sees us and not what we're looking up on the Playbook. Sound does remain on for both.

So, is there any way to now share the screen between Playbooks? I wasn't able to find any answer/app discussed but I'm sure it must have been.

I was trying the following as a work around during a chat:

Each caller uses a small rectangular mirror. Those non-glass small locker mirrors would be good (but without a magnetic back?).

Steps:

Connect by Video Chat.

Caller 1 puts mirror between self and Playbook. Mirror facing Playbook. Mirror now reflects screen back to camera. Caller 1 sweeps up from bottom bezel and goes to the problem area on the Playbook. Camera feed is still live (red flashing light) and being seen by the Caller 2 but as a reverse image. Caller 1 cannot see Caller 2 during this but both can talk. At times Caller 2 may still see Caller 1 in background around Playbook.

Caller 2 puts Playbook between self and mirror. Playbook facing mirror and mirror facing Caller 2. Now reverse image received is corrected through mirror to allow reading.

Caller 1 shows area of issue e.g. File Manager. Caller 2 provides live support. (Caller 2 at any time can check own Playbook to compare. Caller 2 also can share his/her screen when needed but both need to switch their own Mirror and Playbook placements.)

For entering a password or going through screens the Callers do not want to share then finger over the camera will block video. Or tilt mirror or Playbook to no longer reflect back screen.

Any other ways? Something that reverse images the mirrored feed to a tv/monitor?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts

I don't know mate but I put once my PB in front of a mirror and it tried to attack itself

Ok, seriously, that's a very nice solution you are suggesting but with all these mirrors...I don't know how practical it can be. Certainly an app will be very useful especially when each member of a family have their own PB.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Yikes! Too much math for me. I think I would also be wishing for another hand. I'm holding out for something better in BB10.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Or you can just use hdmi cable on tv or something and use the front camera to send the feed back...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

It's just one mirror for each. Caller 1 to reflect his screen back to his own front camera. Then during the Video Chat he sweeps up from the bottom bezel to navigate elsewhere on his Playbook.

On the Caller 2's Playbook he still gets the video feed and he can watch everything as the other is navigating. Nice enough but everything is mirror reversed and reading any text is a problem. To correct this he looks at his Playbook through a mirror.

Directions of everyone and everything as follows:

Caller 1 ---» Mirror ---» «--- Playbook

Caller 2 ---» Playbook ---» «--- Mirror