Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CanadianThomas
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default video chat playbook help

i have 3 playbooks, 1 i already had and i purchased two during the holiday sales. do i have to set up a new blackberry id to use the video chat between them? they are for my children so i would like them to be able to video chat with me as i work a lot. but i already have games and such on my current playbook that they use. so do i have to set up different bb accounts for this? or is it just different email adrs? if its totally new accounts then i would have to buy the games on each playbook, and that would suck.
    any insight? thanks in advance.
    CrackBerry Master

Yes, you must have a separate I.D. for each playbook...
    ...Simply because the call you initiate from the one in your hand must be directed to a different I.D.
    ...I bought two PB's myself for exactly that reason.
    As of 2.20.2015 I'm packing a Blackberry Classic - so far so good!
    CrackBerry Addict

Yes you will need to have separate blackberry IDs on all the 3 playbooks. Video chat works great.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    PM me

bummer having to purchase the apps over and over. they should have it set up like Apple has facetime, using email addresses. this way a family can share purchases and still video call. we have a lot of Apple toys in the house and im glad they work that way, i'm the only BB head here.
    Last edited by CanadianThomas; 12-18-11 at 07:09 PM.
    follow my switch from iOS to BlackBerry: http://canadianthomas.wordpress.com/
    Thanked by:
    shrink479 (12-19-11) 
    shrink479 likes this.