Just picked up a PB for my wife and got everything setup, bridged with her BB, and updated to the latest OS (2.0.1.358). The video app application seems to be missing. I can't seem to find the long to install it from Apple World. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get it installed?
    09-08-12 08:21 AM
    access it from contacts - thats what I do everytime I cannot find the icon!!
    meierjn likes this.
    09-08-12 09:16 AM
    You can download it directly and sideload to you PlayBook. Link for the thread is in the signature. All other apps are there too.
    meierjn likes this.
    09-08-12 09:45 AM
    Thanks. I'll try the contacts work-around and "learn" myself to sideload.
    09-09-12 11:49 AM
    I have set up 5 PBs (all 64gb) for my family. They all had VC installed from the get-go. Sideloading was not needed. If you are early on with your PB and its app installations, consider a security wipe. If this does not work, get on the horn with RIM. Doc Neutron
    09-09-12 06:04 PM
    access it from contacts - thats what I do everytime I cannot find the icon!!
    The video chat application will not load from the contacts app. I think it's truly missing.
    09-09-12 09:53 PM
    Some people had this issue and what they did was connect to a different proxy which sort of "pushed" the install of the video chat to their Playbook. What it does is basically install the apps that should have come pre-installed for the region you reside in. I did this in my region (Saudi Arabia) and it worked right away.

The Playbook will inform you that there is a small OS update which most likely will be the video chat app and any other app it deems missing.

I would dig in for that thread for you, but I'm at work. Good luck!
    09-10-12 12:51 AM
    The video chat application will not load from the contacts app. I think it's truly missing.
    Hi meierjn

When I have a contact saved in my PB - which has their PlayBook PIN field populated - I can then initiate Video Chat with them by tapping the PIN

However, I assume this is because the Video Chat app is already installed on my PB... (I have so many icons, and the Video Chat icon doesn't seem to stand out, so I often can't find the Video Chat icon, therefore it is easier to go via Contacts)

Hope that makes sense

Good luck

Alex
    09-10-12 03:04 AM
    Hi meierjn

When I have a contact saved in my PB - which has their PlayBook PIN field populated - I can then initiate Video Chat with them by tapping the PIN

However, I assume this is because the Video Chat app is already installed on my PB... (I have so many icons, and the Video Chat icon doesn't seem to stand out, so I often can't find the Video Chat icon, therefore it is easier to go via Contacts)

Hope that makes sense

Good luck

Alex
    Thanks Alex. It makes perfect sense. I've attempted this method as well but by tapping on the PIN or email address yeilds no results. The VC application does not open.
    09-10-12 06:45 AM
    Some people had this issue and what they did was connect to a different proxy which sort of "pushed" the install of the video chat to their Playbook. What it does is basically install the apps that should have come pre-installed for the region you reside in. I did this in my region (Saudi Arabia) and it worked right away.

The Playbook will inform you that there is a small OS update which most likely will be the video chat app and any other app it deems missing.

I would dig in for that thread for you, but I'm at work. Good luck!
    I read this thread. I'm located in central Alberta, Canada. My ISP is Telus. The update was initially installed on my PB when it was released. I may give it a try but may call support tomorrow first and see what they have to say. Thanks.
    09-10-12 06:49 AM
    You can download it directly and sideload to you PlayBook. Link for the thread is in the signature. All other apps are there too.
    Thanks diegonei.. Got the much needed missing apps from your links in the signature.
    09-10-12 08:36 AM
    I read this thread. I'm located in central Alberta, Canada. My ISP is Telus. The update was initially installed on my PB when it was released. I may give it a try but may call support tomorrow first and see what they have to say. Thanks.
    There are some threads where Canadians are missing some apps and in the end it was the ISP not correctly identifying the location of your internet connection, so the Canadian apps were not loaded. Try connecting to a different wifi source and then check for updates.
    09-10-12 09:27 AM
    Thanks diegonei.. Got the much needed missing apps from your links in the signature.
    I'm just the messenger, xsacha is the one running the show.
    09-12-12 10:28 AM
    Sure as K-RAP. Took my wife's PB to work and connected it to our Public WIFI service. There was an OS APP update available and the VC as well as some other apps appeared after the update.
    09-12-12 10:29 AM
    Sure as K-RAP. Took my wife's PB to work and connected it to our Public WIFI service. There was an OS APP update available and the VC as well as some other apps appeared after the update.
    You are welcome.
    09-12-12 10:41 AM
    You are welcome.
    Thank you!
    09-12-12 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD