Video chat contact always offline problem.
I have one contact in my video chat contacts and he always appears offline. I can never call him. When i try to,I always get contact not available error message.
He on the other hand sees me online and can call me everytime.
I have checked that accept calls is on for both of us and i have tried using his PIN and his bb id as video chat contact id. We both have tried restarting our playbooks as well.
This problem only started a few months ago. I am starting to think it has to do with RIMs service.
Has anyone experienced this issue? Or has a solution?
I have the lastest blackbbery playbook os.
Thanks a lot.
- CrackBerry Abuser
11-20-2012, 03:03 PM #2
- 410 Posts
What country are you in and what country is your friend in? Do you have any trouble contacting others? Does he have trouble contacting others? Check again to make sure you have the contact info exact and correct, either the PIN or the email address.
- CrackBerry User
11-22-2012, 03:12 PM #5
- 15 Posts
Have the same problem with one of my contacts. It worked fine before the last two OS updates. My contact did not change his WiFi settings or touched his router. But that doesn't mean, it could still be the router or the location of the Playbook in house. Although the reception has at least one Bar everywhere, the chance is best to see his Online Status, if he is near the Router and deactivates and activates his Wifi on the PB again. In other places it seems, that one Bar is not enough when the PB is in Standby. Was that clear enough to understand?
- By regnaston in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 2Last Post: 11-05-2012, 05:27 PM
- By bbpandy in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 4Last Post: 08-24-2012, 09:01 PM
- By skull121 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 4Last Post: 06-02-2012, 07:29 AM
- By maxman983 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 2Last Post: 05-02-2012, 08:32 PM
- By DeveionA in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 1Last Post: 02-13-2012, 07:20 PM