Just though I'd share this.

I currently live in Mexico, and I travel around quite a bit. For the first long while, I would Skype with my family back in Canada. Those of you with Skype know the drill. Depending on numerous factors, the link can range from not bad to (more often) barely usable and horrible. I stopped using the video component with Vonage as video often meant a worse signal.

A few months back, on a trip back home, I bought three Playbooks for various family as belated Birthmas presents. Since then, my communications has improved 100% using the Playbook Video Chat. I just finished over two hours of calls with all three families, and although Video Chat is not perfect (occasion jerkiness), it's pretty darn good. A great feature is being able to switch cameras to be able to give a tour on things I'm working on.

Anyhow, as a very satisfied customer, I thought I would take the time to tell others of this great aspect of the Playbook.
    03-18-12 03:49 PM
    Same here, I'm in China at the moment, family is in Hong Kong, we've Video Chatted every night.

Thank you BlackBerry!
    EricB1968 and mikeyplaybook66 like this.
    03-18-12 04:25 PM
    Enjoy wish one day I can use mine
    diegonei and world saviour like this.
    03-18-12 07:46 PM
    I have seven playbook family and friends and video chat is a great way to keep in touch. Great job RIM
    EricB1968 likes this.
    03-18-12 08:06 PM
    Yesterday I got an aunt, my cousin and her friend interested on the PlayBook.

With a little luck, that **** will do better at school and earn herself one... Which would lead to her friend and my aunt getting PBs as well.

Oh, one can hope.
    03-18-12 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD