Hello I've had the playbook since day one however, it seems to be that now battery life sucks for this device. I can leave the device at 100% overnight but when I wake in the morning the device is already at 1%. Forget about while browsing or using the device. I have to latest os but it was still doing this beforethe os update. Is this happening to anyone else if so please help. Also that's even with wifi and bluetooth off the drain is pretty bad.
    08-07-12 07:13 AM
    If you didn't have any apps running, and even with both bluetooth and wifi on overnight, it should not have drained your battery like that. I think you have a defective unit and you should contact RIM for support and possibly exercise your warranty.
    08-07-12 07:20 AM
    To the OP, have you sideloaded any Android apps, did you download any app that may be causing this, have you done a HARD RESET recently, is anything running in the background...there are many variables that might be causing this. You stated that you've had the PlayBook since day one and battery drainage wasn't an issue, maybe there was a bad update along the way. Maybe you need to wipe and start from scratch, before doing that I would delete all apps and see if any of them was causing the excessive battery drainage
    Todor Ninov likes this.
    08-07-12 07:28 AM
    Never sideloaded any apps no app running in backgrounds...but going to start deleting apps and ill see what happens from there. I'll keep all posted
    08-07-12 07:35 AM
    If you didn't have any apps running, and even with both bluetooth and wifi on overnight, it should not have drained your battery like that. I think you have a defective unit and you should contact RIM for support and possibly exercise your warranty.
    That's good advice. If it's been doing it from day one rather than being a recent consequence after you loaded 668, then you probably have a defective PB.

I don't know what RIM's take on a warranty exchange would be if you've had it a while ("since day one" seems to indicate it's far from new ) but it's certainly worth contacting RIM to discuss.

I've read several posts on these forums reporting that RIM have been "flexible" when it comes to considering warranty claims.

Good Luck!
    08-07-12 07:37 AM
    That's good advice. If it's been doing it from day one rather than being a recent consequence after you loaded 668, then you probably have a defective PB.

I don't know what RIM's take on a warranty exchange would be if you've had it a while ("since day one" seems to indicate it's far from new ) but it's certainly worth contacting RIM to discuss.

I've read several posts on these forums reporting that RIM have been "flexible" when it comes to considering warranty claims.

Good Luck!
    After reading the first sentence of the OP's thread I don't think battery drainage was a problem at first, but anything is possible with RIM
    08-07-12 07:44 AM
    You could try to reload the OS using the debrick procedure. It will wipe the PB so secure any important files first. RIM will probably have you do this when you call so it may be worth trying before you make contact.

If your curious you could download the Battery Guru app. That would tell you if the PB is consuming the power needed to drain the batteries or if your batteries are not holding a charge.
    08-07-12 07:46 AM
    Thanks I'll try guru also.. As far as rim replacement goes I have the extended warranty if all else fails. So I know there will be no problem with exchanging. Was just trying to do my own fix
    08-07-12 07:54 AM
    My Playbook started with the same problem as of a couple of days ago. From fully charged it'll last less than 24hrs on stand-by (without any use). I've never had this problem in the past 12 months of ownership. I never upgraded to the .668 version. So much for a reliable business tablet...
    08-07-12 08:26 AM
    Yep, just happened to me. Mine is fine now.

Here's my thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...attery-738755/
    Last edited by saudadeii; 08-07-12 at 09:03 AM.
    08-07-12 08:56 AM
    Did you possibly change Native email settings? Manual sync in Native email has been known to cause battery drain.
    08-07-12 09:45 AM
    Fully charge the PB before you turn in for the night. Then turn on the Airplane Mode in Setting or turn off WIFI completely. If you have very little drain the next day, something is constantly checking the Web. Most likely one of your email settings is keeping your WIFI on.

Like others here and other threads have suggested, hotmail is likely the culprit. Regardless of which email service you have, select sync option other than Manual. The email settings of "Manually Syncing" was keeping the WIFI busy for each account for me.

That is counter-intuitive as one would have thought Manual would have saved battery otherwise.
    08-07-12 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD