Hi,

Sorry if this is a repeated question, I've searched for posts but I can't seem to get a definitive answer.

Can I search through pictures stored on my Torch's SD Card and display them on the Playbook via Blackberry Bridge? I've read about people not being able to access files on the SD Card.

Thanks for any help!

Chris

[Edit] Including pictures stored in 'created' files on the SD Card, not just ones stored in "/Media Card/BlackBerry/pictures"
    01-22-13 01:49 PM
    No you can't via bridge.
    01-22-13 01:56 PM
    Yes you can if you use Files and Folders 6.0
    djpailo likes this.
    01-22-13 02:04 PM
    In addition to viewing thumbnails and displaying on PB, Files and Folders will allow you to transfer files to and from the PlayBook. Not just pictures but just about any file. The BB phone Cannot be on BES if I remember correctly.
    01-22-13 02:28 PM
    I recently got a playbook and discovered I could view pics, video, and play music off of my bold 9900 with the file manager app that was already on my pb when I got it.

And all my files are on sd card on my phone so I believe the answer to your question is yes
    01-22-13 03:15 PM
    Thanks everyone for your replies. Great, is Files and Folders 6.0 just available from the app store?

Sorry for being a noob, but what is BES?

Is the process pretty fluid using either Files and Folders 6.0 or File manager as HigherThanMars said about? Or is there a delay in displaying the pictures as they stream across?

Again thanks for all your replies, very helpful
    01-22-13 03:27 PM
    In addition (unless I missed it), you can browse your pictures on the bb phone and OPEN-ON-PB. Maybe someone can clarify - does Presenter work with pictures, either pictures on the pb or on the phone? I can't seem to move back/forth.
    01-22-13 03:28 PM
    File and folder is available on bb app world as free trial or full version for $2.99

BES is BlackBerry Enterprise Server and means your workplaces controls what you download etc...

File manager does not have thumbnails butworks pretty fluidly, you can view a pic on your phone and press menu button and choose"view on playbook" and it will open up pretty quick on playbook. Or just open file manager on playbook and browse files/folders on blackberry phone or sd card via bb bridge

Not sure about presenter because I haven't used it
    01-22-13 03:54 PM
    Another thing to mention about file manager is that you can only open one pic at a time then you must go back to files and choose another pic to open. Probably faster to open from phone with menu button as I said earlier...
    01-22-13 04:05 PM
    I recently got a playbook and discovered I could view pics, video, and play music off of my bold 9900 with the file manager app that was already on my pb when I got it.

And all my files are on sd card on my phone so I believe the answer to your question is yes
    +1 with Bold 9780.

Malcolm
    01-22-13 04:17 PM
    Pity I won't be able to 'swipe' through pics like I can on my phone but can't have everything I suppose!

Thanks everyone!
    01-22-13 04:26 PM