i was bridged to my bb handset..recieved an email with pdf file...i opened it..saw something i like so i decided to take a screen shot of it (using volume buttons) but it didnt work...i disconnected from bridge and it worked..i tried this twice and same happened...why cant it work while bridged?
    then i said i will save the pdf document...couldnt do that also neither from the attachment nor while opened...!!!
    anyone with the same experience? solutions?

thanks
    06-13-11 10:49 AM
    Unless things have changed, you should be able to see the document by browsing the Bridge folder on the SD card. As for the screen capture, it does not work in Bridge Applications.

One of the features of Bridge is that all the Bridge programs run on your phone but just display on your Playbook. This is part of the security of the PlayBook, once the Bridge connection is disconnected, the data is no longer available on the PlayBook. If you could just do a screen capture of your PDF, it would defeat the security of keeping the data on the phone.

Robert
    06-13-11 11:02 AM
    Depends if its BIS or BES. If it's BIS then then you really should be able to do what you want. For BES I can understand why they would prevent you from being able to do that.
    06-13-11 11:08 AM
    its not dependent on BIS or BES, the data is located on your phone no matter what, so when that bridge connection drops there are no traces of your bridged apps data anywhere on the playbook. Not sure why a screen capture won't work in bridged apps since its only a "screen capture" meaning its a picture of what the playbook is displaying.
    06-13-11 11:27 AM
    The point of the Bridge is to keep the information on the phone and none stored on the PB because the phone has all the security certs, the Playbook does not. If you could take screenshots of documents with sensitive info, it would be a way to circumvent the security your Blackberry has.
    mythdraug likes this.
    06-13-11 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD